PDA

View Full Version : Engine Swap? *help me out* :)

Saket
07-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Hey everybody,
today i found a 1984 Nissan 300zx 50th anniversary edition lying in my friends uncles farm. He said that the engine is blown but the rest of the car was in epic condition. I really want to get it off his hands but I have no idea what to do after that.

The car has a VG30ET in it right now. I heard that doing a swap is much easier and cheaper if you use the same engine? But I'm guessing that engine would be hard to find unless its imported from Japan or something.

I want this whole project to be around 2 grand max. (no job, school = no cash flow ) This would be a great first car for me so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. What engines would fit in here? I would like to have a turbo engine or else it would look too homo since the whole car has turbo letterings all over

2. How much would it cost for said engine. ( including labor cuz i have never even popped open a hood :S )

3. Is this a feasible project? (seeing as how the money is non existent should I rather just get a working car? )

Thanks for checking this out :)

theken
07-07-2010, 07:34 PM
wont happen for 2 grand. unless you can buy a motor for free, and have other people put in, you still wont be under 2 grand

Saket
07-07-2010, 07:44 PM
:( how much would i be looking at??? and how much would labour be?

Awd-Tsi
07-07-2010, 08:09 PM
lots of times labor can be around 1400-2000 or even more depending where you take it.