PDA

View Full Version : woman tries to open airplane door amid flight

sh0ko
07-08-2010, 08:07 AM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Passenger+tries+open+door+WestJet+aircraft+flight/3250323/story.html

is it bad to say that id try to knock her out if i saw this? >.<'

Jeremiah
07-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by sh0ko
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Passenger+tries+open+door+WestJet+aircraft+flight/3250323/story.html

is it bad to say that id try to knock her out if i saw this? &gt;.&lt;'

Nope not bad at all.

I saw this on the news yesterday.

Stupid Crazy Bitch..

3 Guys tackled her FTW

Mckenzie
07-08-2010, 08:26 AM
I've always wondered if that is possible- that is a lot of serious charges for one day too. :nut: :banghead:

CUG
07-08-2010, 08:30 AM

is it bad to say that id try to knock her out if i saw this? &gt;.&lt;' There's a move where you slam the shit out of someones jugular without killing them. I'd use that.

sh0ko
07-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by CUG
There's a move where you slam the shit out of someones jugular without killing them. I'd use that.

hahahaha that actually made me LOL in my cubicle...niceee

-relk-
07-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Well according to movies you can, and the plane can still fly afterwards. Just ask Arnie in Eraser :poosie: And we all know movies are full of correct information :rofl:

Sugarphreak
07-08-2010, 08:48 AM

Kloubek
07-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Knowing now that the door CAN'T be opened due to pressurization, I'd prefer to sit back and just let her make a fool of herself....

CMW403
07-08-2010, 08:58 AM

is it bad to say that id try to knock her out if i saw this? &gt;.&lt;'

nope. she should get knocked out for even trying. i dont think its possible as the cabin is pressurized as mentioned above.

SJW
07-08-2010, 09:00 AM
The god damn newfies are going to kill us all. Bloody savages.

I would gave her an old school Zombie double tap.

phunx
07-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Maybe there was snakes on the plane?

derpderp
07-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Knowing now that the door CAN'T be opened due to pressurization, I'd prefer to sit back and just let her make a fool of herself....

Ahaha yah I was thinking of that.

Aircraft doors are under thousands of pounds of pressure from what I believe, it is practically impossible to open the door, at least for a human, a bomb could open it, but that is different.

nonlinear
07-08-2010, 09:27 AM
you meant "mid-flight."

Kennyredline
07-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Being a Newfie, she was probably just trying to get some air! lol

Tik-Tok
07-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

No, tackle her.

Different manufacturers have different door styles, but some older ones CAN be cracked mid-flight. This is to say the door couldn't be fully opened right away, as they normally fly around 8 psid, and with a normal door being around 3'x6', you need a LOT of force to open that fucker.

However, some doors have smaller areas that crack open first (designed before engineers realized there would be people actually dumb enough to try and open the doors mid-flight), and have a lot of mechanical advantage as well. While this PROBABLY wouldn't cause catastrophic failure (ie no ones going to go flying out the door, and the plane wouldn't rip itself to pieces), it would depressurize the aircraft quickly, popping a lot of eardrums, including the pilots.

So, yes, play it safe and tackle the dumb fuck.

dandia89
07-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

No, tackle her.

Different manufacturers have different door styles, but some older ones CAN be cracked mid-flight. This is to say the door couldn't be fully opened right away, as they normally fly around 8 psid, and with a normal door being around 3'x6', you need a LOT of force to open that fucker.

However, some doors have smaller areas that crack open first (designed before engineers realized there would be people actually dumb enough to try and open the doors mid-flight), and have a lot of mechanical advantage as well. While this PROBABLY wouldn't cause catastrophic failure (ie no ones going to go flying out the door, and the plane wouldn't rip itself to pieces), it would depressurize the aircraft quickly, popping a lot of eardrums, including the pilots.

So, yes, play it safe and tackle the dumb fuck.

wouldn't most of them be pretty safe after putting on some oxygen masks?

Tik-Tok
07-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by dandia89

wouldn't most of them be pretty safe after putting on some oxygen masks?

Oxygen is good for breathing, not for curing vertigo from eardrums blowing by sudden decompression, or the damage your lungs take from that either.

A co-worker had a lung deflate while we were doing pressurization tests on the ground a few years ago, and we never take it past 4 psid, and control de-pressurization after the tests. You just never know.

thetransporter
07-08-2010, 11:11 AM
shes a terrorist

sputnik
07-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

Nope not bad at all.

I saw this on the news yesterday.

Stupid Crazy Bitch..

3 Guys tackled her FTW

Hopefully they accidentally misplaced their fists and elbows in her face a few times.

ZenOps
07-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Way to put 130 others peoples lives at risk. Newfies!

I wonder if Governator Arhnold could open the door.

TomcoPDR
07-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Lifetime flight ban

schmooot
07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
I've tried on the ground before under very minor pressurization and two of us couldn't budge the door at all. It's not gonna happen under full pressure