PDA

View Full Version : [Idiot] How to install new headlights....

kanecorp
12-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Okay well i have a 1992 Honda Accord LX...I just bought new headlights, i went to the Auto Zone and I was told what i got would be really nice...i wasn't happy with the ones i had...but thats not really important :)
Anyways, the guy said they were really easy to install but I can't seem to do it. I see where the bulbs are but I can't get them to come out. :confused: If anyone knows a detailed procedure, or happens to have any diagrams...that would be awesome...

Thanks for you help and sorry for my stupidity!

Weapon_R
12-17-2003, 02:00 PM
Are you trying to replace the bulb or the entire headlight housing?

ryder_23
12-17-2003, 02:01 PM
ifits just bulbs, your owner manual should have a picture on how to do it

^SkylinE^
12-17-2003, 02:12 PM
If its anything like a civic (probably differnet bulbs) all you have to do is un clip the wiring harness ( may have to use preasure to both sides of it) its just like uncliping any wireing harness on your motor. Then take the rubber cover off the houseing. There should be some sort of steel wire that you have to push in (towards the front of the car ) and then up and it will just unclip. Take out old ones ...... in with the new and reverse the directions. Remeber not to touch the light blub its self if possible because it creates hot spots from the oil off your hands and the bulb won't last as long!
good luck i hope this helped some what!

hondarunner
12-17-2003, 05:40 PM
ok i had the same problem with ma old car and dont wry you arn't an idiot, this car a a big pain to do any kind of modifications to.
mine was a 1992 accord ex-r
what you need to do firstly is untwist the bulbs while they are still attached to the wireing harness (counter clockwise) while pushing inwards. Than once you get the bulbs out take a screwdriver and wedge it into the clip (this takes some strength) and basically fiddle with it untill it loostens up. The bulb should than come off. Put the new bulb in and twist it back into the casing.

For the bulb on the left hand side you dont need to but it is a lot easier if you remove the battery.