PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Nismo_R34
07-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Hi, I'm thinking of picking up a Toyota Soarer. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much(roughly) it wouldbe to insure monthly. Im a 20 year old male with a clean driving record.

How much do you guys pay monthly for a 2 dr coupe

derpderp
07-09-2010, 05:40 AM
You can do online quotes, I know RBC, Desjardins and TD Bank all provided online quotes and when I opened up my policy with TD insurance they matched my online quote to my over the telephone quote, so I figure online quotes are accurate enough to give you an idea of what you're going to pay a month.

Insurance is diffrent for everyone though, the only way you'll really know is to call around.

Shlade
07-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Liability only

Id assume like 150-180 max maybe? Just an assumption tho!

Call a few insurance companies! Never hurts to get a rough quote from them!

thepyrofish
07-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
Liability only

Id assume like 150-180 max maybe? Just an assumption tho!

Call a few insurance companies! Never hurts to get a rough quote from them!

I believe the max that can be charged for PL/PD with no driving experience is 1440 a year or 120 per month. Straight liability has very little to do with what the car is as the insurance companies have to work within this maximum. If you want additional coverage you'll pay more than that.

My girlfriends little brother just got his first car (2dr coupe) at 18 and his insurance is like 105. If you got your licence at 16 you've got 4 years under your belt so your max would be 96/month. I think. I'm 23 and I pay around 70 for my Talon.

wintonyk
07-09-2010, 10:53 AM
most the time you can't get online quote for a car thats older than 10 years iirc.

But as everyone mentioned just pay your plpd and you shouldn't be more than 100-120. When I was 20 bought an MR2 and i think I paid 101 per month with plpd and comprehensive.

With collision coverage you could be looking into the 4-5 k range though.

rc2002
07-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by thepyrofish

I believe the max that can be charged for PL/PD with no driving experience is 1440 a year or 120 per month.

^ Maybe that's the case for a clean driving record. If a person has several at fault claims, and has proved to be a high risk driver, there shouldn't be a limit though. It should keep on increasing.

thepyrofish
07-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

^ Maybe that's the case for a clean driving record. If a person has several at fault claims, and has proved to be a high risk driver, there shouldn't be a limit though. It should keep on increasing.

Correct, the limit as far as I know is for a clean driving record. Th OP says he has a clean record though, so that's what I was commenting based on.