PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Group buy fast food

TomcoPDR
07-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Just wondering if anyone's annoyed and/or their thoughts on when someone within the office/construction site/work/family goes for a group purchase of fast food. (i.e. McDick's for 5-7 people)

- Do you get annoyed when someone in the group starts pulling EVERYTHING out of the bags once the food arrives? (and other people are still stuck finishing up their task, job, paperwork for another 5-15 mins)... Cuz it's not like (in a work environment) that people sit around waiting on the food to arrive.

- Do you prefer the first to dig-in to only pull out THEIR OWN ORDER, and leave every one else's food the fuck alone.

I personally would like my food left the fuck alone until I get to the food gathering area... why the fuck would people have the right to touch my food and start pulling MY fries and burgers out and just leave it "out in the open", etc... (remember, at construction or outdoor sites there are flies, wild animals, food gets cold till owner gets to THEIR order, etc.. so pulling people's food out, TO ME, is inconsiderate)

Or am I just too sesitive honestly?

And yes, I understand sometimes it "depends on the situation" (pulling all food out could be a courtesy, ONLY IF everyone who ordered will be there within 2 minutes... but sometimes people keep working for another 15-30 till they get a chance to get to their food, etc...)

Melinda
07-10-2010, 12:48 AM
LOL, tell us how you really feel :P

I do think you're being a little over sensitive. In most cases of food ordering, everyone's stuff is in one (or two) big bags. It's pretty common to pull everything out to sort it all out. I suppose you could ask them to put your stuff back in the bag if you aren't around to eat, but yeah, I think you're getting a little crazy about it. It's your perogative to get upset though, different people are bugged by different things, but don't expect them to know that when lunch arrives you're still 20 mins away from being able to eat :)

TomcoPDR
07-10-2010, 01:00 AM
hmmmm, maybe more of a pet peeve then.

InRich
07-10-2010, 01:11 AM
dude if the food, for 5 - 7 people is in just a couple bags, why wouldnt people start pulling it out, and sorting it out.... you expect them to sit there and wait for you for 10 - 15 min and have their food get cold just cause you cant stand them sorting everthing.... ???

heres a solution, dont fucking order in a group buy, go out yourself if your so sensitive. your complaining about something that was brought over to you for free.

just go out yourself, or better yet, bring your own lunch.