PDA

View Full Version : Extended top hats

crez
07-10-2010, 08:19 AM
I've got a 93 Integra with a rather large drop. Just wanting to know if anyone is running these and how much success they are having. Also wondering how much of a difference they actually make.

Car is eating front shocks, also need a new front pair to go with the top hats. Does anyone carry them as well?

RZRSHARP_SVX
07-10-2010, 08:53 AM
if your that low you should be using coilovers. keeping the shocks in proper operating range. Changing the mount I dont think that will change anything. since your not changing the length that the strut travels.

thats just my opinion

sr20s14zenki
07-10-2010, 08:57 AM
I gotta go with above poster. Coilovers or bust (literally). I think fo the price of your average strut it's a waste of money to take them over all of te benefits of coils.However if you are dead set on struts atleast get tokikos or something aftermarket stroke for a lowered car.

crez
07-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Even with coilovers the top hats will help alot...I'm more or less looking for response about the top hats and where to get them as they aren't the most common.

Changing the mount will only allow the shock to have more travel, and even coilovers aren't that short. I have put coilovers in the car perviously and it didn't help that much. I already have aftermarket struts in the car, and even then coilovers are not that much shorter than they are at all.

jdmgt
07-14-2010, 08:50 PM
Ground control makes them. they help a lot if your really low and you need the travel.

changing the mount will raise the point at where the strut attaches, this will give the shaft the length you need.

alpineguy
07-14-2010, 09:51 PM
put a set of 88-91 civic struts in your car, they have a shorter shock body. that might make your struts last a little longer.

spacerz
07-15-2010, 10:28 PM
You should try out some Koni Yellow's. They are superb for massive drops! My car is sitting litterally inches above the ground...I don't think extended top hats would benefit me much.

INITIALD
07-16-2010, 08:02 AM
It all depends on how low you go, I have konis and i am maxing out the struts in the front. ( 75% of my bumpstops cut )

If you do run top hats because your struts are maxed out you will most likely hit your front upper control arms on your shock tower.

I would suggest koni sp3's if you are going to be using extended top hats.

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?productid=18116&cat=1814&page=1

crez
07-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks for all the input. The car is hitting the towers even without the top hats.

How much shorter are the civic struts?

It's either that or I give up and just put a quality set of drop springs in and do the sport ride again....but I love the slammed look.

Has anyone had luck ordering custom springs, I had a friend that did it with good success.....Would think of a 4.5 inch drop with a softer spring rate.

MK3SupraMan™
07-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls Bawls