PDA

View Full Version : AXE racing seats!?

ApexDrift
12-17-2003, 05:46 PM
has anyone heard of AXE racing seats? after market seats right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=2449185580:dunno:

4wheeldrift
12-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Never heard of them before, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Look like knock-offs of several different folding back seats. Wonder if they carry any sort of certification?

hjr
12-17-2003, 08:41 PM
they are a tube frame, which i believe is quite common on reclinable seats. They are really cheap new (399 us) so im guessing the quality may not be there. I also have never heard of AXE or of a WRC team they are affiliated with???

3g4me
12-18-2003, 09:46 AM
These look like cheep ass seats to me, i see them on sale on e-bay for like $100 for both:rolleyes:

SinisterProbeGt
12-18-2003, 09:55 AM
here let me help you out there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=2449185580
Some Technical information on the AXE racing system:

Base Width: 23.5"

Base Length: 22.5"

Seat Height: 37.5"

Weight: 19lbs

Interior Material: Patented Hyper Memory Foam

Exterior Material: Soft nylon mixed with high grade fibers

Interior Construction: High grade roll beams

Comfort system: Memory Foam combined with composite seat support

Description
Description and pictures below reproduced with permission from AXE racing

NORMALLY $399.99 a seat! LOW starting BID AT $100 FOR TWO SEATS!!! We are one of the first companies to get the new AXE G2 Seats!
You are bidding on a set of two racing seats, including the sliders!

Only AXE brand light weight seats shells are manufactured with an interior roll system allowing for a light weight superior comfort and feel.

AXE has proven to be one of world's most reliable, technically advanced, and expert manufacturers of car seats.

AXE race seats have been chosen by World Rally Championship and Rally marathon winners from around the world.

AXE's exceptional seats are a result of the enormous investment in research and development carried out in their laboratories. Samples of frames and shells are taken at random from the production lines, and subjected to destruction tests using special machinery specifically designed by our technicians. These tests ensure that seats and their parts meet the standards of resistance set by AXE

SinisterProbeGt
12-18-2003, 09:56 AM
:confused:

Weapon_R
12-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Not a bad looking seat

EK 2.0
12-18-2003, 10:22 AM
Met a guy in Calgary with a Integra who currently is using those Axe's...sat in them, they are not too bad, but again, I dont know how well they would hold up say against a Sparco, or a Recaro long term you know??

:dunno:

rc2002
12-18-2003, 10:32 AM
I don't know if I would sacrifice safety to save a few dollars on seats. So I would personally go for some proven manufacturers.

But to each his own - the big names usually charge big prices because their product is well established. But that doesn't necessarily mean that Axe isn't as good as recaro or sparco...

MrX
12-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Well, here's another piece of reading on AXE seats.

Axe Seats (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread/t-48640.html)