PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Stadium Nissan Service

superflychief
07-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Hey everybody. I just wanted to let you know of my awesome service experience at this garbage dealership. If you're concidering buying a Nissan or need one serviced, AVOID stadium.

I was having and issue with my gas tank on my 2007 Murano. It would not let me fill up past ¾ tank no matter how much I tried. I brought the vehicle in to Stadium and they replaced a sensor and said the problem was solved. The next time I filled the car up, the tank again did not allow me to fill to full and stopped at ¾ again. This time the check engine light had also come up. I took the car back to them and once again another sensor was replaced and the code was cleared. Nobody actually thought to check the reason for the code but cleared it assuming it was part of the gas tank issue and actually said it was because I didn’t close the tank properly. The second time I dropped off the car was a Friday morning and the job should have been completed that same day. Again a sensor was being replaced. I didn’t get a call Friday or Saturday and Sunday you are closed. When I called Monday I was told the vehicle had been ready since Friday. I went to pick it up and when I tried to start it, I realized the battery was completely dead. Whoever parked the vehicle, couldn’t figure out how to turn it off properly and left it powered up all weekend long. I was boosted and sent on my way. I called the service manager to talk about the problem and he didn’t seem concerned about the level of service provided. I told him about my issue and said I will not be coming to the dealership again. He said sorry for the trouble and if there is anything he can do to let him know and hung up. I was hoping this was the end of it

Several weeks after the dealership “fixed” my car, the gas tank again wouldn’t fill past ¾ and the check engine light came on again. I took the car to Royal Oak Nissan this time. They immediately offered me a courtesy car which Stadium didn’t. They actually offered me a ticket for the c-train. 2 hours after I left the dealership, I received a phone call saying the problems have been diagnosed. The gas tank issue had NOTHING to do with the sensors Stadium kept replacing. There actually was a BULLETIN out for this repair. The “mechanics” were too lazy or too untrained to start by looking at the bulletins provided by Nissan to diagnose and fix KNOWN problems. And the check engine light was actually a problem with the evac lines (as I understood the tech on the phone). The line was leaking and causing the check engine light to come on. Stadium's service department didn’t even scan the code to see what the cause of it was. So after diagnosing the leak and repairing and pressure testing it, the check engine light is permanently gone. The gas tank has been ordered and will be installed this week.

I can't believe how a company like this can exist providing a level of service like this. Oh and while I was waiting for my car a while back, I overheard a mechanic tell a customer that to fix his tire that has a nail in it they will charge $80 bucks for a fix or $120 for a new tire. WTF are you kidding me? Canadian Tire does it for around 30 bucks.

Sorry for the long rant but I just want everybody to avoid this dealership for purchases and maintenance.

Thanks for listening.

adam c
07-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Really? I find Stadium is great to me, I manage my company vehicles and take them all there as they have all been purchased from there. I always deal with Ashley and she's fantastic

superflychief
07-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Well then you're lucky because I've had nothing but garbage service as of late.

Phenix
07-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Sorry to hear about all the nightmares. just reminds me of all the fun i had with two of the garbage hyundai dealerships in calgary, Precision Hyundai and Hyundai Gallery. Another two places to stay away from.

Although the parts guys at gallery are pretty good.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I deal regularly with the parts department at Stadium, and always have excellent service, however I always have the same person helping me. No experience with sales or service though.

I recommend you get in contact with manager/owner, and let him know that you feel that the dealer has poor communication skills/service, and that you are dissatisfied. I met the manager/owner once, and he was really pushing "communication" as an essential part of working in automotives.

superflychief
07-12-2010, 03:22 PM
I actually e-mailed their direct e-mail line after their service manager completely ignored me and I never got a response.

yourmom
07-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I bought my truck from them in 2007, and have never had very good service. Finally I stopped going to them, and went to Brasso Nissan, and it has been great.

topmade
07-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Didn't have good experience with them either :thumbsdow :thumbsdow. My dad brought his 04 pathfinder to them because you could not lock the vehicle while inside the car with the car started or not. Idiot SA said it was normal and I told him so it's okay that your kids are able to open the doors while driving? Then he said they would look at it, but would charge a inspection fee eventhough the car was still under warranty. We said f-it and took it to Brasso and they found a pinch in a wire that was causing this and fixed it in about a half an hour with no charges.

Kona9
07-12-2010, 08:24 PM
I am on my 3rd truck from Brasso Nissan. I have had nothing but great, reputable, and classy service from them. There were a few situations that arose in which would be cause for concern for any customer. Brasso was on top of it, professionally, timely and did an excellent job of rectifying the situations.

There is a reason they have as many awards as they do.

Isaiah
07-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I went there eons ago to get a door handle fixed on a Maxima and they took 3 days did an awful job. Then they charged me double what they initially quoted and added me to some shitty mailing list.

6 years later, I'm still on the list and receiving their junk mail after having told them repeatedly by phone, mail, and email that I no longer own a Nissan and wouldn't be returning to their dealership even if I did.

autosm
07-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Went to them to have brake problem looked at.

One rear brake was getting very hot. Had car for 3 days could not find anything wrong with it. Charged me 100$ to check even though car was under warranty.

Picked car up drove home parked in garage could smell burning brakes.

Took car back next morning was told that now car is now Dangerous and can't be driven.
Before I left car I wanted to know what they were going to fix. They said we are going to do the brakes and charge me for it.

Took car to Brasso and they replaced caliper, rotor and pads under warranty while I drove a free loaner car.

Do not go to Stadium nissan

:thumbsdow

Xtrema
07-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Of my 7 year ownership of Altima. I had problems with them once. The could not balance the oem tires and just shave it (no joke).

But I had VIP oil service and I was surprised that they don't do the usual stealership upsale or the typical high charge maintenance jobs. The only work on stuff as I deem needed.

I would love to take it to Brasso but it's just no feasible for living in NW.

Sal0
07-12-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm not a big fan of Nissan in general. I will never buy one again! They don't seem to stand behind there products. We own a 05 Pathfinder that has the very common fuel sensor issue that many believe should be recalled. People were complaining about it forever. Well, they recentally decided to recall it, but for the 2006 pathfinder models and up :(

So those lucky people get it fixed for free, while the rest of us get bent over!

Thanks again Nissan...

msommers
07-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Everytime I hear Nissan, I think Brasso. That says something that other dealerships should pay attention to, actually give a fuck.

Zewind
07-13-2010, 08:23 AM
the ex bought from stadium. Worst idea ever she had nothing but bad things to say.

Teggy
07-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Stadium nissan are all a bunch of crooks!
They tried to tell me things were broken on my suv(in total 4200.00 in repairs) when i went in for my vip oil change. I took the suv by another mechanic, and they told me there was nothin wrong with the vehicle. As far as i'm concerned, i will never buy from those low lives again!

Xtrema
07-13-2010, 08:56 AM
BTW is Royal Oak Nissan run by the same owner as Stadium?

Just noticed there may be a 2nd choice in the NW.

xorina
07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
BTW is Royal Oak Nissan run by the same owner as Stadium?

Just noticed there may be a 2nd choice in the NW.

no i dont believe so, jack carter ownes stadium nissan.

heavyD
07-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Well this isn't related to their service but if you want a new Nissan on the cheap Stadium may be a place to go as from what I hear their inventory got hit bad by the same hail that hit the university.

duaner
07-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Brasso ftw! Never had a problem with them. Very helpful, very good work.

I used to get my car serviced at Fishcreek and had no problems with their actual service. One day I decided to get a quote from Brasso for one of the major service intervals and it was significantly cheaper. Haven't stopped going there for a couple of years and they even have come under their quotes a couple of times, including my crank pulley install.

I also used to work with a guy who took his Xterra to Stadium for service and when he needed new shocks, I told him to get quoted at Brasso as well and once again they came in significantly cheaper. He began taking his Xterra there for regular service as well.

j.garner
07-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Whats sunridge nissan like? i have to take my xterra in to get the timing belt done soon.

Proyecto2000
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by j.garner
Whats sunridge nissan like? i have to take my xterra in to get the timing belt done soon.

Sunridge used to be brutal for service. However they have a new owner/management group now. I have only been twice for parts and I spoke with the new GM who introduced himself to me and he told me that all of the old problems that the service dept. had are gone. They got rid of all of the old staff and replaced them with good new staff.

My CEL just came on so I was thinking of taking my car in for service. I will post how things are once my car is fixed.

Brasso is great for service, my Infiniti salesman actually recommended that I take my G to them for service, as the wait at Infiniti can be long (this was before they moved to their new location).

msommers
07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
I'd take that quote to stadium and raise hell, all the while having an appointment with Brasso LOL. Was it a difference of an hour or two of labour?

HeavyD, how much of a discount would you be thinking? Tomco mentioned the repairs are likely in the thousands in the other thread, would you imagine taking off 5-6k to be expected?

I had to deal with Sunridge only a few times as that's all I could stand. This was strictly with the parts department. Very inconsistent with actually ordering parts and wouldn't even let me know when stuff came in, it was apparently my responsibility to call and ask.

Proyecto2000
07-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by msommers

HeavyD, how much of a discount would you be thinking? Tomco mentioned the repairs are likely in the thousands in the other thread, would you imagine taking off 5-6k to be expected?

My uncle was working for Stampede Toyota when I big hail storm hit NE Calgary a few years ago and they took $6k off each car. The cost for repairs was about $5k to get the car back to its original new state. This was early 2000's so maybe they discount even more now days, as I negotiated almost $10k off a loaded Frontier Pro4x 4 months ago.

Orbie
07-13-2010, 01:14 PM
I've actually only had good experiences so far with Stadium, service as quoted nothing more and always a loaner. Only one mechanic looks at my car though so it might just be differences between the service people. The service manager has also been really good to me. Before that I took my car to Sunridge (old staff) who really had no idea what they were doing. Next time I'll compare prices with Brasso though and see how much better they are.

heavyD
07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by msommers

No idea but depending on the amount of damage $5k+ seems to be the average that I have heard.

beyond_ban
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Sorry yo thread hijack, but ^ i wonder if they had any GTR's outside on the lot :eek:

adam c
07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
there's no GTR's in the lot at Stadium

TT-fast
07-13-2010, 10:10 PM
brasso has a red one out front its used

Bizzareo
07-13-2010, 10:30 PM
FYI for you NW people. There is a new nissan dealership by spy hill...

Mosquito_R
07-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Brasso ftw!

I bought my Versa from Brasso and have been servicing it there ever since. Very professional service and very good with warranty/recall claims. Even though I live in the NW, I still bring my car to Brasso and just take advantage of their loaner car facility.

I would like to give Royal Oak a try and may do that at the next oil change, but I'd rather wait for some user reviews/comments first.

beyond_ban
07-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by adam c
there's no GTR's in the lot at Stadium

That would make sense, considering their shitty service.

Orbie
07-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

That would make sense, considering their shitty service.

I know a few GT-R's that service there actually (service manager says there's 10 but who knows). Definitely some crappy stories in this thread though, has got me curious on how good Brasso really is, definitely trying there next time.

needsawhip
07-16-2010, 02:45 PM
My Infiniti has the same thing, Its the overflow valve, Try a diffrent gas station with a slower pump rate and it will work fine.

Sprockett
06-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Bringing this back to keep everything in one place. I wish I had read it before making my dealership choice.

I never write reviews of businesses but with this place I feel I just had to. They have essentially managed to screw up every individual thing I've ever asked of them as an entity. Its not even one bad apple or something. If anyone still goes here after reading all these reviews, its their fault.

Without going into too much detail, newly purchased car and dealer I purchased from was flipping the bill for some work. Was included to replace the front brakes and get an OOP. I picked Stadium simply because they are a convenient location. I show up for my appointment at 730am and then they tell me there's no brakes parts in stock so they can't be changed today and the tech that does OOPs doesn't work today. I was clear on the phone that I wanted new pads and rotors...not just to check the brakes, just do them whether they need it or not (I wasn't paying for it). And I make an appt for an OOP and they can't do it on the day they make appt for? I mean...how can they waste people time like this? The attitude of the people is the biggest issue, they are not apologetic about it at all. Just come on back! Oh yeah, people have nothing better to do...

End up I left the car there for an open recall that hadn't been done. I added that I wanted them to document the reason for a clunk I was having from the rear end for the dealer I bought the car from (long story). Liquid filled diff bushing was likely blown. I come back and they tell me nothing wrong with anything back there. Re-Torqued all the bolts etc., no issues. I even get the tech out and ask him explicitly if he's familiar with these cars and looked at the rear liq filled bushing? Yup, he knows everything...all good. I go home and look myself cause I simply don't believe him...bushing is torn with like 2" rips both top and bottom and the black stains are obvious on the diff cover even.

Ordered some floor mats from them at the same time. Asked explicitly if I would get a call when they arrive. Yes, for sure. Week or more later I have to phone...yup they are in. No one called? No. Ok...more time goes by and I can't find time to pick up during the day so I call to ask the parts guy to leave them at the front reception (they are prepaid)...no problem. 4 hours later I show up and guess what? Of course they aren't there and no one can get into parts area after hours. Another wasted trip. But no worries, just come back!

This place is truly unreal. Even the simplest thing they manage to screw up and aggravate the customer beyond belief with their attitude.

01RedDX
06-24-2014, 10:09 AM

Sprockett
06-24-2014, 10:11 AM
I've heard that a lot and not taking it lightly. I'm definitely going to Brasso in the future.

Proyecto2000
06-24-2014, 10:40 AM
My last 3 visits to Brasso haven't been that great. I went in for an oil change and I told them to look into the loud squeaking that was coming from the rear of my frontier. Pick up my keys ask about the squeak and they said that they couldn't hear nothing or find anything wrong.

Hop in the truck and drive it back into the service bay and I asked if the tech that worked on the truck has hearing problems. Guy at the desk listens to it and says if I want to bringing it in later in the week to get checked out again.

I take it to a friends shop and he looks at it and the rear u-joint is toast tells me that it should be covered by warranty as I have plenty of warranty left.

Call Brasso and spoke with the advisor and I let him know where the noise comes from and how it should be covered by warranty according to my owners manual.
Guy tells me that u-joints are wear and tear and the manual is wrong but they will look into it. Long story short I dropped it off in the AM and picked it up later that day and didn't pay a dime for the repair because it is covered by the 100,000km warranty .

A week later out of no where both of my leaf springs break into chunks while driving on Deerfoot and back to Brasso it goes (This one had me confused for months because the heaviest load that I had carried in the box of the truck had been 2 ikea dressers, 2 night stands and a bed frame. Never took the truck off road). I am told 4 days for new springs out of the US which turned into 2 weeks and a nice $2k+ charge because the 2 rear bilstein shocks were cracked and leaking also.....

So I haven't gone back to Brasso and I am doing my own oil changes at the house now.

01RedDX
06-24-2014, 10:48 AM

Xtrema
06-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Stadium service (at least 10 years ago) was average. But like any shop, depends on if good people stick around or not.

Royal Oak Nissan isn't bad from what I heard for service at least when they were new a few years back.

My recent story on Nissan is about sale staff @ Brasso. They tried to pull a fast one on a Pathfinder (for coworker) with all the mysterious charges on price sheet plus going 3rd party financing at 2% higher rate than factory's 2.9%.

Royal Oak was honest and up front about everything, cost + 3% and factory finance @ 2.9%.

Anyhow, I think dealer sales/services are cyclical. They all have good and bad periods as staff changes.

Proyecto2000
06-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

haha did you actually say that?

Yes, because you seriously had to be deaf to not hear the squeak. When you put it in drive it was loud and when you went in reverse it was twice as loud! :banghead:

As soon as the bay door opened the advisor came to my door and said "guess they didn't look at the noise hey?"

I attribute my bad experiences to them losing Ken; that guy was a great service advisor who always checked to make sure that the notes that he wrote were looked at by the techs.

anothers10
06-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Brasso bought Stadium nissan.

Chantastic
06-25-2014, 11:51 PM
So what's the current scoop? Which Nissan service department is preferred? I might need to bring my car in soon, and it seems like they all have a few horror stories. And yes I've read through this entire thread.

Edit: Or the best Infiniti dealer?

Chantastic
06-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Chantastic
So what's the current scoop? Which Nissan service department is preferred? I might need to bring my car in soon, and it seems like they all have a few horror stories. And yes I've read through this entire thread.

Edit: Or the best Infiniti dealer?

Anyone?

Canucks3322
06-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Called stadium nissan for a service quote wouldn't give it to me over the phone, basso did. ... Also went online to get wipes on parts brasso replied the next morning still didn't get replies from stadium or sunridge although I ended up buying at sunridge cuz it was on the way home. ....

Chantastic
07-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks!

120Comm
07-03-2014, 06:20 PM
I realize the original post here is 4+ years old, but can someone help me understand how a sensor is supposed to prohibit the transfer of liquid into a container? Unless the sensor was somehow causing some kind of flap to close....?

AE92_TreunoSC
07-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Need more specifics ^