PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Hamptons have ADSL!?!?!

l/l/rX
12-17-2003, 10:10 PM
okay well im getting really sick and tired of this bullshit 56k internet that downloads songs at 3kb/sec. im in desperate need of ADSL. i dont have cable internet because...no cable tv, too much stuff to install (er so i heard) and its linked up with all these other servers which can be pretty slow at times during the "busy hours".

but yea just wondering if anyone in the hamptons have ADSL yet? i've emailed them no reply though. and their site has said hamptons is on the list to get ADSL...but that was frickin like a year and a half ago!!! im getting impatient >_<.

edit: o yea i have heard about this "light speed" thing from SHAW, which to my understanding is a bit slower than normal cable internet (whatever thats called). which involves not alot of installing. can someone fill me in? and with a monthly price on this?

3G
12-17-2003, 10:40 PM
high speed cable and lite speed cable need the same amount of install etc. Lite speed is a joke, you download at like 14 kb/sec, save yourself the time and get highspeed

Ajay
12-17-2003, 10:45 PM
I live in Hawkwood and apparently ADSL became available here only this past summer.

I use Shaw anyway....just get Shaw high speed and you'll be good to go.

Chester
12-17-2003, 10:55 PM
yo pritpal has ADSL, and when they install cable it takes like 10 mins max, they dont need to do anything

DeSi
12-17-2003, 11:00 PM
hehe deji, too much hows abe?

and when did hamptons get dsl?

Chester
12-17-2003, 11:02 PM
gay man

hamptons got dsl like 3 months ago

YCB
12-17-2003, 11:43 PM
with DSL u can download more (amount).. not super duper fast.. but its dedicated..

FiveFreshFish
12-18-2003, 12:05 AM
I heard from someone that if you get Shaw high-speed only without cable, you will get Tier 1 cable channels without paying for it. Can someone confirm this?

GTS Jeff
12-18-2003, 02:57 AM
i currently am able to subscribe customers for shaw. for high speed internet, u pay 59.95 for the modem, u get your first month free, free install, the next six months 29.95, and after that, 37.95. if u have any sort of cable, u get a nice discount on that monthly rate.

pm me if u have any questions at all.

the-240sx-guy
12-18-2003, 05:43 AM
pm me your number if and i will see if u can get adsl with telus

if you qualify, i can get you the modem for free, first month free, next 6 months at 16.95 and on going regular price for 34.95

if you subscribe to any calling features, like call display..etc, i may be able to get you an additional discount on the above prices

Frostiex
12-18-2003, 04:23 PM
yah if you have adsl you can get a sig select bundle for 15.95 with 4 services and save 5 dollars on it but you would have to jack up the adsl for the first 6m othns to 21.95 and then after that 29.95 and 15.95 for the bundle so in the long run you'll end up saving money...

if you guys want i can check if you have coverage in your area

Frostiex
12-18-2003, 04:23 PM
hey 240 you work at telus???

rage2
12-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by YCB
with DSL u can download more (amount).. not super duper fast.. but its dedicated..
Dedicated... hehe... you should do a search for old cable vs ADSL threads. Very technical ppl with very technical explainations to see why the dedicated argument is incorrect.

tc3
12-18-2003, 08:31 PM
U don't require tv cable service in order to have cable internet. Shaw is more reliable than adsl in the Hamptons with my experience. If u want shaw, PM me. I can get u hooked up the next day and get u a free install and free month.

TC:)

GTS Jeff
12-19-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by tc3
U don't require tv cable service in order to have cable internet. Shaw is more reliable than adsl in the Hamptons with my experience. If u want shaw, PM me. I can get u hooked up the next day and get u a free install and free month.

TC:) or PM me, cuz im the shit. haha

ive used both and shaw can cost more in certain situations, but its worth the few extra bucks a month to go with shaw over telus.