PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: ac compressor for 97 Honda crv

stevescivic
07-13-2010, 08:59 AM
As the title states I need a working ac compressor for a 97 honda crv. My ac clutch bearings are shot and I don't really want to invest a tone of money fixing a 13 year old car. Thanks

Deetz
07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Just a heads up to help out. The crv uses a D series compressor, so you should be able to use one from a civic, i hope that helps expand your options

stevescivic
07-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey deetz, are you absolutely positive a crv uses a d series compressor? Crv uses a b engine so I would've thought that it would use a b compressor. Is there a specific year of d series it uses or is it pretty much the same across the board? I can never r ember all these fine details like you do.

You have like a million parts don't you? I am sure you've got a compressor buried in all that honda stuff that you could sell to me!

Thanks.

Deetz
07-19-2010, 12:04 AM
ha ha, i toss most d series parts, as i'm not too interested in them

Yeah, the crv is an odd ball and uses a d series compressor. In fact, the oem a/c bracket is a high demand item for people with civic's who run a/c and want to swap a b engine, they use the crv bracket to make it work with their stock d series setup :)

lookin4civic
07-19-2010, 08:59 AM
i will be pulling my d series out in favor of a b in the next week or 2. Once i do you can have mine