PDA

View Full Version : Attemped Theft

GreyFox
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey Guys,

Looks like somebody tried to get away with my bike within the past 4 or 5 days. I went to go out for a ride and noticed a bunch of screws laying on the ground and upon further inspection, the fairing on the right side is half hanging off and the metal plate that protects some electrical components is missing entirely.

Worst part is, it won't start now. It is trying to turn over, but won't fire up completely. I noticed there is a few wires that look like they've been cut or ripped out from underneath that metal plate that I think might have something to do with the starting issue.

Does anyone have any experience with a problem like this that knows of any way for me to just get the bike started in the first place? I just don't want to have to have it towed to the shop if I can just start it up myself and ride it over there. And if anybody knows any good, reputable shops in Red Deer let me know as I want to get this taken care of as quickly as possible so I can get my bike back onto the road.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!