PDA

View Full Version : b-day party suggestions anyone?

will_e_chill
07-13-2010, 02:31 PM
i'm planning my wife's 30th b-day and plan to throw a surprise party for her and maybe 15-20 of her friends.

does anyone have any suggestions for a nice restaurant (private room or otherwise).

does not need to be fancy or expensive but some place with decent food is a must.

thanks!

t-im
07-13-2010, 02:44 PM
La Chaumiere has a room that can fit 15ish comfortably...it's not too pricey, but some find it kind of stuffy.

lint
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
for something a little different you could do apps at Anju? you can book the top floor, intimate setting

will_e_chill
07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Anju sounds interesting. i've read some good things about it.

was thinking about West, Mercato or Mango Shiva as options also.

La Chaumiere might be a little pricey and too formal for our guests...

20incheyes
07-13-2010, 03:28 PM
West has lots of different private areas upstairs. If you want a private room where your group can be loud and have a good time without being bothered check out Redwater Grille on McLeod. I have my 16 person company xmas party there every year and will keep going back.

t-im
07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by will_e_chill
Anju sounds interesting. i've read some good things about it.

was thinking about West, Mercato or Mango Shiva as options also.

La Chaumiere might be a little pricey and too formal for our guests...

You'd be surprised by how reasonable La Chaumiere is in terms of cost, especially when having larger functions. It's kind of my go to for larger parties when I'm looking for somewhere with a nice atmosphere, consistently decent food (the menu hasn't changed in eons) at an OK price.

I'd skip Mercato if you're going to have 15-20 people. I held a large-ish (17 people) dinner there and it was awkward - split into 2 tables, and with a large party they make you order family style..which is a +/- depending on how you look at it.

I haven't been to mango Shiva but I heard it was atrociously pricey (especially for the portions), and not good at all.

Have you considered Rush or Alloy? I've personally never had a bad experience at Rush, and they do have private rooms.

DJ_NAV
07-13-2010, 10:32 PM
The met on 8th... they have room for 15-20