PDA

View Full Version : $300 ticket, count or not?

Atombomb
12-18-2003, 12:08 AM
I gotta $300 speeding ticket yesterday, I slept in for my exam and sped to school, an intreped, unmarked pulled behind me, I didn't know he was a cop, thought he was some ass whole that was going even faster then me so I switched lanes, he was on my ass... he switched into my lane behind me, I switched lanes again, and again he came behind me... so I sped up to get him off my ass and there were the flahsers...

my question... do I fight this do I tell the judge, yah... I thought the guy was tailing me and driving unsafe, I didn't know he was a cop and thats why I sped up.. or do I say look I was on my way to a test which I was going to miss because I slept in?

I have out of country plates (US plates) do they get the info on the ticket??

Input would be great, thanks!

ryder_23
12-18-2003, 12:17 AM
ur insurance / registration from u.s as well

Atombomb
12-18-2003, 12:19 AM
Yup, everything, I'm here for school.

I don't htink the guy believed me when I told him I had a test.

ryder_23
12-18-2003, 12:24 AM
just pay it, 99% sure wont affect your insurance down there etc...you could fight it and get demeritts dropped, or see if you can get ticket reduced and keep demeritts etc...dont make excuses though, just go talk to the cp in a couple weeks, and see what you can work out...

Zero102
12-18-2003, 12:28 AM
The demerits won't stick, so the insurance shouldn't even know, but, just to be safe, go and fight it down so you don't have to pay as much.

ryder_23
12-18-2003, 12:29 AM
make sure you pay it tho...or else might have some problems coming back into the country if they put a warrant out for you (unpaid ticket)

Atombomb
12-18-2003, 01:22 AM
Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the input.
I don't think I should say anything, the cp usually try's to bargain with ya right either way... but on a 40 over in an 80 , the cp might not because its so big...

i don't know, I guess I'll go down and make a date, whats the worst that could happen right?:confused:

rice_eater
12-18-2003, 12:42 PM
actually i heard that insurance companies from across the boarder and canada talk to eachother and tickets we get in the states actually pop up on our driving record here! Considering that most of the insurance companies in canada are part of some bigger companies in the states i could see how that would be. SOmeone should confirm this but i'm sure i've heard this numerous times:dunno:

ehos
12-18-2003, 01:58 PM
I got a few speeding tickets in the US, never paid any of them and haven't heard from them since. Now it's you pay right there if you get a ticket (which is stupid, what happens if you want to fight it?)

I don't know if it works the other way around.

Speed_Dreams
12-18-2003, 05:30 PM
but in the states the insurance companies don't care about tickets do they? that what i heard

ryder_23
12-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ehos
. Now it's you pay right there if you get a ticket (which is stupid, what happens if you want to fight it?)

I don't know if it works the other way around.

:english:

Insurance find out about tickets threw registeries/police drivers abstract. AB registries dont share info with places in the us, i think, but i dont think your insurance will be calling ab to get your drivers info. your insurance wont find out about this, unless you get insurance in ab.