PDA

View Full Version : Date Ideas (Not First)

Spoons
07-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Well in between all my free time I do manage to find time for a quite amazing lady in my life, and I really want to treat her to something nice. She makes me feel awesome so I want to her to feel like a princess. Corny but hey.

Anyways she really loves dinner and events afterwards. Old school. I've got dinner under control, but I want the night to be formal. I want her to be able to wear her best dress, get all dolled up, just a nice night on the town. I know the restaurant, only problem is events afterwards.

Obviously going to a movie after dressed that nice is just weird, and I was thinking a play or something of the sort theatre wise but nothing is going on.

Anyone have ideas on what I can do on Saturday, July 24th that we can go to all dressed up? She loves to dance, so I would be willing to actually go dancing and make a fool of myself. Basically anything where its formal and some what classy.

Yeah, I'm pulling some mad stops.

know1edge
07-14-2010, 09:30 PM
go to whiskey?

scottyy
07-14-2010, 09:31 PM
:rofl:

Spoons
07-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by know1edge
go to whiskey?

I'm talking about legit dress clothes, not Ed Hardy's, jeans, and dress shoes.

And I mean actual dancing, not drunken grinding. Shes not a ho, I'm actually dropping coin on her so it's going to be the whole deal.

This is far past the first date. I just want to make her feel special.

adidas
07-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Try a place that does salsa lessons or maybe stage west for a play, but you guys would probably be over dressed for the latter.

Maybe see if there is anything playing at the theater across the city hall building. Corner of 9th ave and macleod north.

know1edge
07-14-2010, 09:35 PM
haha just kidding

i was actually gonna say stage west as well.

Kobe
07-14-2010, 09:49 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/309698/the-top-51-things-to-do-on-a-second-date/

seems like there is a few good ones in here

swak
07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Go to 'The Laugh Shop' at the Blackfoot Inn
They almost always have good comedians.

... Looks like Ken Valgardson is playing on the 24th.
http://www.thelaughshopcalgary.com/UpcomingComedians/tabid/358/language/en-US/Default.aspx

beyond_ban
07-14-2010, 11:01 PM
I am at a wedding all day saturday. Come on by after for some free drinks :dunno:

dandia89
07-14-2010, 11:09 PM
take her to a comedy show and get her hammered. she'll think you're hilarious the next day

davidI
07-14-2010, 11:42 PM
I used to have a link to all sort of Jazz / Blues evenings in various lounges and bars around town. I'm sure if you did some googling or checked out FFWD magazine you'd find something.

Otherwise, check what's happening at the Jack Singer, U of C , Jubilee, Pump House etc. Theaters.

derpderp
07-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
I am at a wedding all day saturday. Come on by after for some free drinks :dunno:

Free Food?

Nissan_Fanboy
07-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Well, go out for dinner, then maybe go for a nice walk around downtown, like .. what is it, 8th ave or something? The Street/Walking place. Just go through there, enjoy the city, stop off for some drinks, and just spend time together?

I've found that the Moxies on 17th is a great place, not to expencive, yet classy and casual at the same time.

If she really means alot to you, and you mean alot to her, you don't need to go all out, just being with her and spending time with her should be enough.

I'm quite a sap romantic though, =) movies just doesn't cut it anymore, but honestly, just litterally spend a night out on the town, maybe go somewhere where you can either watch the sun set, or rise. Thats something i've always wanted to do.

Look at some of the theatres downtown, like the play theatres, there are many dinner show things, its just finding them.
Can't really help you out on finding them.

Hopefully that helps
-Chase

ps. if you decide to take me up on any of these, lemme know how it goes.
Taking advise from a 17 year old, CHEUHHH!

Kardon
07-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy

-Chase

Hahah

broken_legs
07-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Take her here:

http://www.donquijote.ca/

Then fight off all the latinos.

Go to a comedy club
Go to a play/theater
Go to the opera (its like a play anyways just with singing)
Go to BALLET - I never thought I would like it, but it was actually cool. Again, like opera it's more like a play. It tells a story and theres lots of theatrics, not just gay dancing. Girls like that shit too. Plus you get to watch hot chicks jump around for an hour. ;)
Go to Calgary Tower
Go to a cigar lounge
Go to The Chocolate Bar
Go to a lacrosse game
Go to a hockey game
Go to a soccer game
Go to a baseball game

Shes not a ho, I'm actually dropping coin on her so it's going to be the whole deal.

Sounds like you should just take her shopping, then pull a Mel Gibson.

EDIT:

Fly to vancouver for the night and go to a nice resto-bar and dance place there.

Mskye
07-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Just a walk by the river is usually really nice and dinner. Or if your really set on watching something with her you can go watch dance shows, they are usually pretty formal.

SilverGS
07-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Weekend in Banff Area.

Canoe at Lake Louise
Horseback Ride
Nice Dinner (Several out there)
Stroll Around Banff
Night at Rimrock Hotel
Candles and flowers waiting in room after
Sleep in
Brunch at Banff Springs

swak
07-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by SilverGS
Weekend in Banff Area.

Canoe at Lake Louise
Horseback Ride
Nice Dinner (Several out there)
Stroll Around Banff
Night at Rimrock Hotel
Candles and flowers waiting in room after
Sleep in
Brunch at Banff Springs

This.

Spending time in the mountains always LOADS BETTER than the city!

Spoons
07-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by swak

This.

Spending time in the mountains always LOADS BETTER than the city!

Okay I guess mad coin for me is in the 300-400 dollar range.

visualk
07-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Op how old are you, there are some lounges that arent bad that you and your lady can go dancing at.

malcolmk14
07-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Go to Beat Niq

arian_ma
07-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Mercury lounge is pretty nice. Or the Met...

Zigo
07-15-2010, 05:26 PM
I think if we had pictures of your GF, We could help way more.

Not really classy or anything.. maybe Bowness park for a fire with a few friends as a date idea one summer night?

Just throwing out random ideas, I'v dressed formally maybe twice in my life.

boarderfatty
07-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Go on a limo ride around town with a bottle of Dom, Stop at a place like the Ledge grounds we have in Etown, then slow dance to her favorite to her favorite song, playing from the limo, under the stars. You have to spend a little on the limo, but dancing in a park is free, and then chances are no one will be there to laugh at your moves

project240
07-15-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty
Go on a limo ride around town with a bottle of Dom, Stop at a place like the Ledge grounds we have in Etown, then slow dance to her favorite to her favorite song, playing from the limo, under the stars. You have to spend a little on the limo, but dancing in a park is free, and then chances are no one will be there to laugh at your moves

Except the driver.

boarderfatty
07-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by project240

Except the driver.

Its just a driver, he is not a real person, they are at the same level as waitresses and janitors.

QR25DE-SER
07-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Fiestaval Latin Festival
When: Saturday, July 24, 2010 to Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Contact Number: 403.8801562
Email: [email protected]

Suggestion

Also Body Works at The sci Centre

You could also go for a drive outside of the city & watch the stars, have champange with chocolate ..like a nite time picnic way outside the city . Candle Light & Light mood music :)
Don't forget the roses ..and the nice blanket to sit on :)

Spoons
07-18-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm 21

mugensix
07-18-2010, 03:28 PM
D&D.
Drop and Drag hahahahahahhaha =D

Ashkente
07-18-2010, 04:14 PM
http://www.nectardesserts.com/

It's classy, and the food is fantastic.

boarderfatty
07-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
I'm 21

What a coincidence I am 22!!!!!

Feruk
07-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by broken_legs
Take her here:

http://www.donquijote.ca/

Then fight off all the latinos.

This. You get a great Spanish dinner then there's salsa/marenge (sp?) dancing in the evening.

Idratherbsidewayz
07-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by QR25DE-SER
You could also go for a drive outside of the city & watch the stars, have champange with chocolate ..like a nite time picnic way outside the city . Candle Light & Light mood music :)
Don't forget the roses ..and the nice blanket to sit on :)

Beware of bugs! I found out the "hard" way that bugs are in fact quite active at night and will maul the shit out of you in spite of the great time you're having.

DonJuan
07-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Mercury lounge is pretty nice. Or the Met...

Merc is closed I think.

Proyecto2000
07-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty

Its just a driver, he is not a real person, they are at the same level as waitresses and janitors.

:rofl:

kvg
07-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Hire a second lady:poosie: tell her you wanted to show the how much she means and you needed help:bigpimp:

Nissan_Fanboy
07-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Kardon

Hahah

love you colton ;)

CUG
07-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Fry up some sausages on the grill, fire up a citronella candle, and trip on brightly coloured kid's toys in your back yard, trying to outrun a wasp, while your date looks on. Strap a fake 40 lb gut on to her and glue her vagina closed.

You can call it "playing house".

ee2k
07-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Spoons
Anyone have ideas on what I can do on Saturday, July 24th that we can go to all dressed up? She loves to dance, so I would be willing to actually go dancing and make a fool of myself. Basically anything where its formal and some what classy.

Yeah, I'm pulling some mad stops.

Does it have to be "an event". Could you dance to music, regardless of the people around you? If so, do your dinner thing, then take her to Murietta's on Stephen Avenue. Live Jazz, dance type that you can jam to. Nothing too formal, people around you are decent and well dressed, more food you can nibble on if you wish, drink wine. Again, not an event, but great if all you want to do is focus on you two and could care less what's around you.

Disoblige
07-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Maybe get a cheap hotel in Canmore, and reserve a brunch at Banff Springs hotel? That should be in the $300-400 dollar range. The brunch buffet is the best buffet I ever had so far in my life, its worth it. And also Canmore is a nice little town, I found it more interesting and with more good eats than Banff.

So ya, cheap hotel + brunch + little stuff you add in here n there = one good weekend!

kvg
07-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by CUG
Fry up some sausages on the grill, fire up a citronella candle, and trip on brightly coloured kid's toys in your back yard, trying to outrun a wasp, while your date looks on. Strap a fake 40 lb gut on to her and glue her vagina closed.

That's beautiful:rofl:

msommers
07-21-2010, 12:02 PM
I remember someone mentioned flying lessons out at Springbank which would be totally kick ass! You could also do a quick helicopter tour from Alpine in Canmore and stay the night.

You really sound like you're in love with this chick. How long have you guys been seeing each other? Is she giving you endless bags of weed for free?

@CUG :rofl:...nice.

Spoons
07-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Haven't been seeing her for too long, not in love, but she is a very legit girl.

I wanted to take her to La Chaumiere since my parents are good friends with the owners and they hook me up, but they couldn't clear a table for me since it was a wedding.

Instead we went to Q Haute Cuisine (what La Caille on the Bow is now called) which was actually so good, then walked the pathway beside princess island, listened to the festival and got icecream, then sat up on Rotary Park till the mosquitoes got to us.

All in all it was an awesome night and we had a blast. I have no clue how to handle myself at a fine restaurant and neither did she so it was fun figuring out the best way to eat the dishes and etiquette or what not.

Kobe
07-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by CUG

Really Josh? REALLY.. haha

:rofl: :rofl:

This just reminded me of when you were showing me those pics on your phone @ MRU and the hot chick in my class was looking and listening to your comments hahaha