PDA

View Full Version : Anyone good at Social Studies?

Dope Dealer
12-18-2003, 02:33 AM
Have to write an essay but I am having a hard time thinking of for/against arguments. Can anyone lend a hand? :)

1. Some people believe that the United Nations should continue to persue its mandated purposes within its current structure. Other people believe that the United Nations should redefine its goals and restructure its organization because of the changing global situation.

SHOULD THE GOALS AND/OR ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS BE CHANGED?

2. Prior to and during the 20th century, governments and patriotic leaders of all descriptions have encouraged the growth of devotion to one's country and 'motherland'. They believe that such a commitements among the population enchances the establishment of a strong and unified nation state. Other governments and leaders pareticularly in recent times have questioned the value of such natrionalist loyalites. Rather, they believe that such commitments need to be more global in focus in order to preserve world peace and stability.

SHOULD NATIONS ENCOURAGE THE GROWTH OF PATRIOTISM AMONG THEIR POPULATIONS?

If you could contribute anything it would be appreciated.

nismodrifter
12-18-2003, 02:35 AM
dope dealer: I did the exact same topc as #1 in social 30 last year and the topic on the exam was nearly the same as that one :D

I'll check if I still have the essay on my HD......

nismodrifter
12-18-2003, 02:38 AM
chcek your PM....I can help you out with this one :D

Dope Dealer
12-18-2003, 02:40 AM
Awesome! Thanks Nismo!

nismodrifter
12-18-2003, 02:54 AM
no problem :thumbsup: :)

Melinda
12-18-2003, 03:15 AM
Another homework crisis solved by beyond.ca! :thumbsup:

nismodrifter
12-18-2003, 03:19 AM
haha yeh.........beyond homework hotline: operators are always standing by :D :D

Dope Dealer
12-18-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
haha yeh.........beyond homework hotline: operators are always standing by :D :D

Haah, I was actually hesitant to post this because my essay has to be written in like 5 hours and thought no one could come to the rescue before then :)

Weapon_R
12-18-2003, 10:18 AM
I take it that it's too late?

I have a pretty awesome essay titled "The Continued Role of the United Nations" that I just got back today from one of my profs. Let me know if you need it still.

rc2002
12-18-2003, 10:29 AM
Craziness. I had the exact same questions for my Social 30 Diploma (about 5 years ago now)... For some reason they didn't like my essay, but I aced the MC.

Dope Dealer
12-19-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I take it that it's too late?

I have a pretty awesome essay titled "The Continued Role of the United Nations" that I just got back today from one of my profs. Let me know if you need it still.

Hey man,

Yeah, I wrote it this morning. Thanks for the offer though, appreciate it.

the-240sx-guy
12-22-2003, 04:52 PM
what happens if in the off chance they catch you using your friends paper at the university? fail course? kick out of school?

3G
12-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Somebody hook me up with some essays

Weapon_R
12-22-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by the-240sx-guy
what happens if in the off chance they catch you using your friends paper at the university? fail course? kick out of school?

The bare minimum is a 0 on the course.