PDA

View Full Version : 666 workout from hell

scboss
07-16-2010, 05:56 AM
Hey guys i think you should check this out, ive been doing it for 3 weeks now and im getting pretty lean and cut plus my strength is going up like crazy. The workouts dont take to long at all im usually done in about 1 hr 15 min including cardio and changing/showering all that good stuff. Ill post some numbers after my month and a half.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast36.htm

max_boost
07-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Is this a "toning" workout VB142 should look into? :D

wintonyk
07-16-2010, 09:02 AM
I may give this a shot. Been looking at something different than what I have been doing.

Seeing the thread title made me think of the crossfit mentality.

http://crossfithfx.com/photos/318927_the%20crossfit%20mindset.jpg

Haha specifically. I fear no man, but i fear my workout, if i don't fear my workout its not hard enough.

scboss
07-16-2010, 01:01 PM
yeah lol the first few workouts i was so close to puking. Im good now tho unless i do wind sprints at the end:D The pump you get from this workout is unlike any other i have tried esp the arm and leg days.

403Gemini
07-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Is this a "toning" workout VB142 should look into? :D

Thread #6, coming 2011 :rofl:

:devil:

Anyway, I think I'll give this workout a shot, looks pretty damn good!

scboss
07-19-2010, 01:39 AM
btw im at golds northgate if you guys care to join me and my buddy.

scboss
07-21-2010, 02:59 AM
Man doing cardio everyday is a huge change for me but I feel pretty good and can now jog 30 min straight for the first time since high school.:bigpimp: The leg days are brutal but so far everything is going up and im almost at what i was doing previous but now 6x6 with 30 second breaks instead of 4x8 with 2 min breaks. These are all my numbers after 4 weeks
(keep in mind this is same weight 6x6 30 sec breaks)
Day 1
Incline Bench (140 bar)
Flat Bench (60 dumbbells)
Pec deck (150)
Hammer Strength incline (60 each side)
Day 2
Pull ups- Bodyweight 4x6(195)
Reverse grip rows (100)
Lat pulldowns (130)
Pullovers (50)
Cable rows (140)
Deadlifts (100)
Seated Calve Raises (125)
Day 3
Barbell curls (60)
Cable pressdowns (100)
Preacher curl (50)
Close grip bench (90)
Incline Hammer curls (30)
Dips- Bodyweight(195)
Day 4
Squats (170)
Leg Press (270)
Leg curls (100)
Lunges(22.5) dumbbells
Standing calve raises(270)
Day 5
Standing shoulder press (70)
Side raises(25) dumbbells
Front raises (22.5) dumbbells
Reverse pec deck (120)
Shrugs (70) dumbbells

Main thing ive noticed is the initial fatigue is gone and i have no problems with 30 seconds rest. Most things ive been increasing 2.5 to 5 pounds every week.

BenC
07-22-2010, 01:48 AM
Jus tried this workout the other day. I am sooore!

Dumbass17
07-22-2010, 02:08 AM
stoked to do this!

i now bike 9.7kms to work each way!
this is gonna destroy me

scboss
07-28-2010, 01:30 AM
so did anyone else start this? Now that my numbers are almost the same as my old workout i must say deadlifts are so killer, I sweat so much when doing them. Overall tho i gotta say instead of just getting wider im getting much thicker now.

SlickA70
07-28-2010, 01:54 AM
Me and a buddy have been doing this since it was posted and I have to say its one of the best workouts I've had in a long time.

I find a even burn all through out the exercises from beginning to end, as well as a good combination of bulking and shredding in one exercise.

I've combined this with a solid 30 minutes of cardio (Treadmill on max incline, Speed at 3.5 [Whatever that equates to]), A strict diet (Lots of liquids and subways lol) and I've dropped around 13lbs and have bulked up a bit.

I would definitely recommend!

JEFFRIX
07-28-2010, 01:57 AM
a hoi hoi?

gqmw
07-28-2010, 02:27 AM
I'm gonna try this tomorrow, I've been looking for a new workout - have been testing out "the training split" but this seems more intense.

scboss
08-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Just shooting an update up. Pretty lazy to type everything but here is the major ones. Keep in mind im on the 4th week now

Flat dumbbell press 50--> 65
Incline bar 135--> 145
Pullups BW 3x6--> 5x6
Cable rows 110--> 150
Deadlifts 90--> 105
Dips BW--> BW+20
Squats 165--> 185
Lunges 22.5--> 25
Standing Shoulder press 65--> 75

So far so good my weight has actually started to go up and im sitting right around 200 right now. Gonna be getting a weight vest soon to spice up the cardio. Anyone else still doing this?

lint
08-14-2010, 12:29 PM
are those numbers in kgs?

scboss
08-14-2010, 10:21 PM
pounds check out the workout you do 6x6 30 second breaks with the same weight. I had to drop alot of my stuff compared to my old workout. Before i was doing
Flat dumbbell press 75
Incline bar 175
Pullups BW 10
Cable rows 180
Deadlifts 145
Dips BW+45
Squats 225
Lunges (didnt do before)
Standing Shoulder press 95
Doing this was 10x4 with 1.5-2.5 min breaks

The 30 second breaks are what own you but i makes you much more solid and you get a way better pump.

Wish i could do more for deadlifts but my lumbar joint is so fucked from 3 years ago so no more 2 plates :banghead:

5hift
08-15-2010, 10:29 AM
This is essentially a body part per day type workout that I thought we left behind.

An entire day to arms ....

Only one day of squatting per week...

Going lighter on the weight to do more reps ...

:thumbsdow

scboss
08-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
This is essentially a body part per day type workout that I thought we left behind.

unlike alot of people i change my workouts every 2 months. If you do this leg day there is no way you can do it more then once per week. As regards to the amount of reps/weight like i said this is just a 2 month cycle and although my stength has lowered im am alot faster an i never gas now. Have you ever played football or taken a BJJ class after doing one of those strength programs? It blows and you gas after 2 minutes plain and simple.

Haha what would be better you squatting 220 4x6 with 2 min breaks or when i get back to 220 with 30 second breaks?

:dunno:

ddduke
09-09-2010, 12:42 PM
I think I'm going to change my workout to this for a few weeks, but one thing I dont get is why are there 2 incline chest workouts in one day and no decline?

lint
09-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by warcaster
As regards to the amount of reps/weight like i said this is just a 2 month cycle and although my stength has lowered im am alot faster an i never gas now. Have you ever played football or taken a BJJ class after doing one of those strength programs? It blows and you gas after 2 minutes plain and simple.

Have you ever heard of Bill Starr author of "The Strongest Shall Survive - Strength Training for Football"?

scboss
09-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Hmm never heard of this but im gonna research it. I finished this program couple weeks ago got me pretty cut like when i did p90x without losing as much size. Btw when i said football it was just an example as i was just training so i got more stamina for playing random sports. Right now the only serious thing im doing is BJJ.

I think there is no decline because of the weighted dips but I could be wrong, I just did what was on the website and to be honest my lower chest is the largest part of my chest by far.

ddduke
09-09-2010, 07:11 PM
I think there is no decline because of the weighted dips but I could be wrong, I just did what was on the website and to be honest my lower chest is the largest part of my chest by far.

I guess that would make sense. I started this today, I did throw in decline bench into the mix though. It was actually kind of nice doing this, I'm so used to doing 4 sets of 8.

scboss
09-09-2010, 09:27 PM
interesting so did u do that instead of the incline hammer strength?

ddduke
09-10-2010, 12:06 AM
interesting so did u do that instead of the incline hammer strength?

Nope, did both inclines and also did 6 of 6 decline bench.

I gotta say though, the burn off doing 6 of 6 is pretty good.

Darkane
09-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

Although I don't agree with ALL of this program, it is solid for it PURPOSE.

That Purpose is cutting, not strength, not massing. Although putting on mass is almost entirely dependent on diet (90%).

They say not to use Carbs for a reason. With this workout a lactic acid release is used and that triggers Growth hormone. Carbs blunt growth hormone release.

You guys should check out some German Body Composition training. 10x10, that shit will put hair on your chests hair.

Darkane
09-10-2010, 11:39 AM

Wish i could do more for deadlifts but my lumbar joint is so fucked from 3 years ago so no more 2 plates :banghead:

What happened to it? Joint issues aren't as bad as disc and nerve issues.

Which lumbar Joint is it? There are lots of remedies for this.

Don Tigny has lots of Mobility work published for this type of issue. Always look for an alternative before being defeated.

Not only will you see 2 plates per side again, but maybe 4 in the future if you want it.

scboss
09-10-2010, 11:18 PM
My back got messed at my old job lifting a heavy ass bundle of aluminum. The joint is at the 1.4 spot right above my waist.

Now that ive been in school to be a personal fitness trainer my perspective on things have changed. I use to be a huge 210 but now im down to a 195 pretty cut kept most the power and have way more agility/stanima.

Right now im trying to add some height to my vert and gain a bit more explosiveness. I just got my dumbbell press to 80 lbs finally which was my goal for a while.

And damn i gotta search up that 10x10 stuff that would be intense!

403Gemini
09-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Starting this up again now that I'm finally all settled in my new place and my weights are unpacked and shit.

Only problem is I dont have any adaquete doors for a chinup bar (the doors are weird, there aren't any casing for the hooks of the iron gym to hook up to on the top part of the door).

Any suggestions for perhaps using a dumbell or barbell to supplement for chin ups to workout the shoulders/back?

ddduke
09-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Arm day seemed kinda weak to me, think it would be a good idea to throw in another bi and tri workout into the mix? I upped my weight like crazy and pushed myself and didn't even feel a burn.

scboss
09-19-2010, 01:10 PM
did u not use the calculator then? In this program you shouldnt be adding weight unless you can do more then 6 reps on the last set. Pretty much the first week should be you doing the workout without the 6x6 so you can calculate what u should be lifting. Make sure no matter what you are doing THIS plus 30 seconds breaks max.

When i was at the end of the program i found my muscles would recover even faster then 30 seconds.

scboss
09-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Starting this up again now that I'm finally all settled in my new place and my weights are unpacked and shit.

Only problem is I dont have any adaquete doors for a chinup bar (the doors are weird, there aren't any casing for the hooks of the iron gym to hook up to on the top part of the door).

Any suggestions for perhaps using a dumbell or barbell to supplement for chin ups to workout the shoulders/back?

yeah there is nothing you can really supplement for a chin up, if your really serious you can do what i did before and get the one that drill into the door frame for like 20 bucks. If you want a strong back you MUST deadlift and do pullups