PDA

View Full Version : Finally you can buy single mp3's in canada

Moonracer
12-18-2003, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure if there was a site in canada before this one where you could buy single mp3's, I don't think so, but I saw a commercial on tv for this one and signed up right away. It's about friggin time!

Puretracks (http://www.puretracks.com)

962 kid
12-18-2003, 10:27 AM
yah but all of the songs suck, theres no selection at all. Blink 182 isnt even in their database, neither is metallica

Moonracer
12-18-2003, 01:30 PM
Yeah well give it time they're just starting out.

Moonracer
12-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Anyone else going to buy a few mp3's here and there for a buck or so? I mean the artists need to get paid something but $15 for a full cd with only two songs on it that are any good is :thumbsdow Hence all the free downloading of mp3's by everyone, the industry should have implimented this a long time ago.

E36M3
12-18-2003, 06:05 PM
You're saying that like it is a bad thing.

Originally posted by 962 kid
yah but all of the songs suck, theres no selection at all. Blink 182 isnt even in their database, neither is metallica

4wheeldrift
12-18-2003, 06:28 PM
I'll wait until I can actually find something in those things I want to listen to. Until they get the selection, I'll continue to visit the record store.

E36M3
12-18-2003, 06:33 PM
The Apple iTunes store is awesome.. I've already bought probably 30 albums from it (or the equivalant, since I've bought lots of single songs).

I'm sure they will bring it to Canada soon enough.

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
I'll wait until I can actually find something in those things I want to listen to. Until they get the selection, I'll continue to visit the record store.

4wheeldrift
12-18-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
The Apple iTunes store is awesome.. I've already bought probably 30 albums from it (or the equivalant, since I've bought lots of single songs).

I'm sure they will bring it to Canada soon enough.

The problem is, sites like i-Tunes only carry main-stream music, if you want something unpopular or different it can be very difficult to get it. If someone really wanted to make some money selling MP3s on the internet, they'd hook up with every obscure label known to mankind along with the big names and provide a comprehensive warehouse of songs (preferably every song ever recorded of which a copy still exists, somewhere ;))

E36M3
12-18-2003, 06:46 PM
I don't know.. they seem to have a lot, and their coverage of indepedent labels is just getting better. They have far more than a typical record store would, that is for sure.

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
The problem is, sites like i-Tunes only carry main-stream music, if you want something unpopular or different it can be very difficult to get it. If someone really wanted to make some money selling MP3s on the internet, they'd hook up with every obscure label known to mankind along with the big names and provide a comprehensive warehouse of songs (preferably every song ever recorded of which a copy still exists, somewhere ;))

962 kid
12-18-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by E36M3
You're saying that like it is a bad thing.

heh, just examples, they have huge amounts of alblums, and not a single song is on there

Napster has no plans to come to canada, and I don't think that iTunes is going to be here for a while either. Kinda like windows compatability for the ipod, except that unlike windows, 90+ percent of the market does not reside up here in canucksville

Moonracer
12-18-2003, 11:00 PM
There's not a ton of stuff I want on this new site yet either but like I said it's a start. When they see the revenue coming in from what they have they'll be uploading as much stuff as they can.