PDA

View Full Version : Sending Money to someone in another Province

/////AMG
12-18-2003, 11:16 AM
What is the safest, easiest, fastest way to send money to a person in Ottawa?

I bought something from him and he doesn't have paypal and is extremely busy. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

RSeXy
12-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Money Mart? I always see their commercials!

Do you bank at the same bank? Maybe you can do a direct transfer into his acct? :dunno:

ZMan2k2
12-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Go to the post-office, like the ones in 7-11 or Shoppers Drug mart, fill out a money order. It'll be ready for him in 48 hours, and he can pick it up at his local PO. Done deal.

rc2002
12-18-2003, 11:24 AM
FedEx him a check/money order.

91_Integz
12-18-2003, 11:27 AM
email money transfer is the easiest and quickest if you both have online banking

1badPT
12-18-2003, 11:39 AM
I find it odd that he won't go out of his way to get the money off you. Can you trust that this guy will send the item if you give him the money?

I mean, if he's got enough time on his hands to open an auction, you'd think he would have figured out a way to get paid, or at least have some motivation to set a payment method up.

JAYMEZ
12-18-2003, 11:52 AM
get a postcard and put it in? i get money sent from UK all the time that way , nothing goes wrong?

max_boost
12-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
get a postcard and put it in? i get money sent from UK all the time that way , nothing goes wrong? :rofl: If the postcard goes missing, there is no way to track it

itsalebaron
12-18-2003, 01:10 PM
It doesnt matter if you bank at the same bank. As long as there is a bank out here eg. TD CIBC Royal, which he uses, and HE supplies you with his account number you can deposit money for him directly into his account.

4G63Power
12-18-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by itsalebaron
It doesnt matter if you bank at the same bank. As long as there is a bank out here eg. TD CIBC Royal, which he uses, and HE supplies you with his account number you can deposit money for him directly into his account.

Yup this is exactly what I did when I bought an engine off a guy from Edmonton. Simply went in with his account number and made a deposit. It makes the transaction simple and quick.

fast_cars
12-18-2003, 02:18 PM
i dont know
can western union work???
i dont know for sure..but if it does you can use that!!

GTS Jeff
12-18-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by fast_cars
i dont know
can western union work???
i dont know for sure..but if it does you can use that!! quality post once again. :rolleyes:

p944: the fastest way is to get the guys bank acct # and deposit the money right into his account. when u deposit, make sure u deposit cash, certified cheque, money order, or bank draft so that his bank wont hold the funds.

#1Stunna
12-18-2003, 02:29 PM
Just find out where he banks and deposit the money straight into his account. It will save you money and your friend will get the money right away. :thumbsup:

cocoabrova
12-18-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
quality post once again. :rolleyes:

p944: the fastest way is to get the guys bank acct # and deposit the money right into his account. when u deposit, make sure u deposit cash, certified cheque, money order, or bank draft so that his bank wont hold the funds.
:werd: on the quality posting
GTS Jeff is right.....Directly deposited into their acct. is the quickest/most accurate. Although, if the other party doesn't want to give you their acct. number, the next best thing would be Western Union. As long as ALL the info is correct, fund transfer usually take a matter of minutes through WU.

GTS Jeff
12-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
Although, if the other party doesn't want to give you their acct. number... BONG.

if the other party is being stupid about giving out their account #, u can let him know that u cant do anything with their account number other than deposit shit. the banks arent allowed to give u any account info, nor withdraw cash unless u can prove that u are actually the account holder.

/////AMG
12-18-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
I find it odd that he won't go out of his way to get the money off you. Can you trust that this guy will send the item if you give him the money?

I mean, if he's got enough time on his hands to open an auction, you'd think he would have figured out a way to get paid, or at least have some motivation to set a payment method up.

I am not going to give him full pay until I recive the item. Probablt about 25% or 5% depending on how low I can go, just in case he is trying to screw me over (which he is not).

BTW, He didn't open an auction, he was going to simple put it in the Bargain Finder, but I said I'll take it and he is glad since he is really busy.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
quality post once again. :rolleyes:

Thanks! I'll do that:thumbsup:

04blackMAX
12-18-2003, 06:23 PM
lol..man if you dont know this i dont think you should be driving a car

check
certified check
money order
find out his bank account # and branch # and deposit into his account

anymore brain busters?

/////AMG
12-18-2003, 07:12 PM
Sending money has nothing to do with driving a car.:rolleyes: