PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Genesis Coupe

Pages : [1] 2

rizfarmer
07-17-2010, 09:04 PM
*update pg 6, 7

2.0 turbo, 6sp. Pulled the trigger once the cash incentive from Hyundai came around; for the price I paid could not be happier. Fairly exclusive colour as well.

Have to thank Jarod at Tinting Illusions for an insane 3M & tint job

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01236.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01233.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01230.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01229.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01228.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01227.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01224.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01222.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01220.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01217.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/new2teg/DSC01215.jpg

Unknown303
07-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Whats this world coming to that I actually like a Hyundai.

:thumbsup:

K3RMiTdot
07-17-2010, 09:23 PM
congrats on the car =). i love their 4 door as well

nobb
07-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Cant wait for the 2011 Gen Coupe to come out. Probably going to be my next car.

Did you by any chance test drive the 3.8 and have a comparison between the 2.0T? In addition to the more horsepower, I believe there are aesthetic differences as well such as HIDs and interior?

Boost Infested
07-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Nice of you bought it from us. Come back and check out the one in the showroom I just finished dressing up.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/boostinfested/Genesis%20Coupe/IMG_0166.jpg

4doorj
07-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Nice car!
Congrats!

Unknown303
07-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
PIC

But it's soooo red.

derpderp
07-17-2010, 10:36 PM
you got some warning lights bro :D

gpomp
07-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Nice of you bought it from us. Come back and check out the one in the showroom I just finished ricing up.
fixed it for you

JordanAndrew
07-18-2010, 12:53 AM
How much did you end up paying for this?

911fever
07-18-2010, 09:05 AM
congrats on the car!

rizfarmer
07-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by nobb
Cant wait for the 2011 Gen Coupe to come out. Probably going to be my next car.

Did you by any chance test drive the 3.8 and have a comparison between the 2.0T? In addition to the more horsepower, I believe there are aesthetic differences as well such as HIDs and interior?

didn't bother since I wasn't considering paying that much for the car; at the v6 price point my money would have gone somewhere else. I've heard the v6 is not that much better anyhow.

Originally posted by JordanAndrew
How much did you end up paying for this?

about 22.5K out the door; 4,500 factory rebate plus whatever you can take out of the dealships pocket after that.

rizfarmer
07-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Nice of you bought it from us. Come back and check out the one in the showroom I just finished dressing up.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f60/boostinfested/Genesis%20Coupe/IMG_0166.jpg

those wheels don't really do it for me... I'll definately be shoe shopping over the winter.

Do you work in the service or parts department at the dealership?

heavyD
07-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by rizfarmer
about 22.5K out the door; 4,500 factory rebate plus whatever you can take out of the dealships pocket after that.

Wow that's cheap. I know it's Hyundai but there can't be a lot of profit selling these cars at that price.

freshprince1
07-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Dude, you drive a Hyundai.

Just kidding. As mentioned earlier, times are changing when the Hyundai's start to look good. In fact, when I get my next company vehicle, I plan on looking at the 4-door.

MGCM
07-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Dude, you drive a Hyundai.

Just kidding. As mentioned earlier, times are changing when the Hyundai's start to look good. In fact, when I get my next company vehicle, I plan on looking at the 4-door.

Take a look at the new Elantra due in 2011 or 2012, they will be a ridiculously good bargain even with only minimal power. If more power is needed then the Sonata takes over and it's a damn nice car too.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Congrats on the car, good color choice imo.

Zero102
07-19-2010, 01:02 PM

A little too red, but the ugly chairs, messy tire stack and garbage bins really set it off ;)

Phenix
07-19-2010, 01:15 PM

didn't bother since I wasn't considering paying that much for the car; at the v6 price point my money would have gone somewhere else. I've heard the v6 is not that much better anyhow.

Nice color car. I have the same color in a 3.8 GT.

Phenix
07-19-2010, 04:45 PM
you gonna get on gencoupe.ca?

guessboi
07-19-2010, 06:18 PM
What a bargain. Love your car!

rizfarmer
07-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Wow that's cheap. I know it's Hyundai but there can't be a lot of profit selling these cars at that price.

I don't think they make a whole lot of money selling these cars at this price.

The short comings are definately in the suspension/handling compared to say a new GTI; but hey, a new GTI would have set me back an extra $16K. And you'll be impressed to know it shares the same engine as the EVO X. Smaller turbo, fuel delivery, and other components are slightly different, but in most respects it's the same power plant. If you drive both cars back to back it's like they put a tamer version of the EVO engine into the Gen coupe; the similarity between the driving characteristics of the engines is fairly surprising.

Originally posted by Phenix
you gonna get on gencoupe.ca?

I think I registered on there a couple weeks ago... I'll check my user name their and post back here.

JordanLotoski
07-19-2010, 09:59 PM
:thumbsup: Awesome car, Lovin the white

Jeremiah
07-19-2010, 10:11 PM
As someone pointed out in the other Genesis thread, you can drop a bigger turbo (~$1500) in and gain 100 or so hp. Not bad :poosie:

rizfarmer
07-19-2010, 10:17 PM
for 5-$6 grand this could be turned into a decent street machine. Suspsension/drivetrain components plus a more agressive tire should be anyone's priority with this car.

max_boost
07-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Congrats dude. Enjoy.

And Holy god damn $22.5k that is cheap for this car. Ya a GTI is closer to $40K once optioned out but I love mine lol

kamakurakid
07-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Good value, when one considers what my sister paid last year for her 2003 RSX, the Genesis seems the smarter path. If it drives anything close to an RSX, good going.

I like the lack of chrome on the car, the tint (Jarod is the best) and the colour (not seen one before). All good.

HiSpec
07-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I read somewhere there's a R-Spec coming soon.

TYMSMNY
07-20-2010, 11:43 AM

Why not? They didn't put much into R&D. Most of their budget probably went into design work on the exterior. Even at that low price, they are still making money. PLUS... at the rate they are moving cars out the door... it'll create excitement + demand from the consumers, essentially a snowball effect.

rizfarmer
07-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Congrats dude. Enjoy.

And Holy god damn $22.5k that is cheap for this car. Ya a GTI is closer to $40K once optioned out but I love mine lol

If the GTI had a few more inches in the leg room department that's what I would be driving right now. DSG...:drool:

Originally posted by HiSpec
I read somewhere there's a R-Spec coming soon.

I think it's out in the states already. It's likely just upgraded suspension/brakes with fewer power features

Phenix
07-26-2010, 09:10 PM
There is also a r spec for the 3.8 coming out too. I'm can't wait for them to come out with a rwd v8.

rizfarmer
07-26-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm can't wait for them to come out with a rwd v8.

They should have done this from the beginning.... do you think it will actually happen?

Phenix
07-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Eventually. I'm pretty happy with my v6 gt for now. But when a v8 comes out ill get that for sure.

HiSpec
07-26-2010, 10:34 PM
is the V6 smoother then the 2.0T?

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
07-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY

Why not? They didn't put much into R&D. Most of their budget probably went into design work on the exterior. Even at that low price, they are still making money. PLUS... at the rate they are moving cars out the door... it'll create excitement + demand from the consumers, essentially a snowball effect.

I don't think they're moving as well as you think. 4500 dollar deal generally means they're desperate to sell.

911fever
07-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

I don't think they're moving as well as you think. 4500 dollar deal generally means they're desperate to sell.

Hyundai is far from desperate on the Genesis, they are just trying to attract people into their cars with huge incentives. And it's working, people are loving the Genesis and it's had great sales numbers
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/20/hyundai-to-sell-50-000-genesis-per-year-sonata-hybrid-coming-in/

Aleks
07-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by 911fever

Hyundai is far from desperate on the Genesis, they are just trying to attract people into their cars with huge incentives. And it's working, people are loving the Genesis and it's had great sales numbers
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/20/hyundai-to-sell-50-000-genesis-per-year-sonata-hybrid-coming-in/

That article was written in 2008 before Genesis was available for sale. Those numbers were projections. Where are the actual sales figures?

Phenix
07-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by HiSpec
is the V6 smoother then the 2.0T?

Yes it's a very smooth engine. great low end torque too

911fever
07-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

That article was written in 2008 before Genesis was available for sale. Those numbers were projections. Where are the actual sales figures?

http://www.hyundai-blog.com/index.php/2009/01/12/hyundai-genesis-sales-how-many-units-has-hyundai-sold-in-usa-so-far/
Since its introduction in July, the company has sold 5,127 units (till the end of November ‘08). Even in December ‘08, in one of the worst sales months in the past 12 years, Hyundai moved 1,041 Genesis sedans from dealers showrooms!
that was last June.

Aleks
07-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by 911fever

http://www.hyundai-blog.com/index.php/2009/01/12/hyundai-genesis-sales-how-many-units-has-hyundai-sold-in-usa-so-far/
Since its introduction in July, the company has sold 5,127 units (till the end of November ‘08). Even in December ‘08, in one of the worst sales months in the past 12 years, Hyundai moved 1,041 Genesis sedans from dealers showrooms!
that was last June.

That's still the wrong car. We are talking about the coupe.

I've seen quite a few Gen Coupes around town, but incentives are there to help move stock for sure. Most likely in response to Ford Mustang pricing which is very close to the Genesis with incentives they have going.

Type_S1
07-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Its still a hyundai?
It's nicer than the rest of the company line up...but still a hyundai

tobypaddock
07-28-2010, 12:20 AM
^^^^:whocares:

this kinda stuff pisses me off, its like when people compliment you on something you're wearing, then ask where you got it - if its from Winners and not Underground all of a sudden its not so nice to them.

:dunno:

msommers
07-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Its still a hyundai?

If Hyundai is able to do cheap, fast, reliable...why not?! Sure it's not going to be as luxurious as a MB, but it never was intended to be. For their target audience, I think this car is doing very well :thumbsup:

Type_S1
08-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by tobypaddock

this kinda stuff pisses me off, its like when people compliment you on something you're wearing, then ask where you got it - if its from Winners and not Underground all of a sudden its not so nice to them.

No it is like if I buy a Prada suit it is awesome quality, they will perfectly fit it to you and will look amazing. You will also get compliments because people will know its a Prada suit. Now if I go to moore's and get a suit, sure its a suit, it does the job but it is still from moore's.One is obviously of better quality material, will last longer and look better.

I said what I did because people are acting like this car compares to BMW's Merc's TL's etc....IMO it is just a fancy tiburon...which IMO are bad quality and tacky.
Until Hyundai completely remakes a car that is proven to be decent quality(this car is pretty much an upgraded tiburon) I would never ever buy one or even think of it.

Phenix
08-01-2010, 11:48 PM

I would never ever buy one or even think of it.

good.

now stop posting in here

Phenix
08-01-2010, 11:56 PM
and here it is:clap:

Type_S1
08-02-2010, 12:14 AM

good.

now stop posting in here

Sorry I forgot this is not an open forum and I cannot post opinions. :rofl:

Go buy your tiburon

lauphman
08-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Maybe I just had a lemon, but I had to get rid of mine. I had to many issues
Every body panel was mis aligned, my brakes failed twice had air in the lines. My rear lights were always fogging up, the interior chrome trim was flaking off, my shifter was completley worn out. All this in under a year. My bluetooth always had problems.
The rpm issue at shifting was never properly repaired even though the dealership said it was twice, For 22.5k I guess u can't complain to much but the body panels being mis aligned was my biggest issue and I see it on every single one on the road.

rizfarmer
08-03-2010, 12:16 PM

Sorry I forgot this is not an open forum and I cannot post opinions. :rofl:

Go buy your tiburon

you're an idiot. The only thing the tiburon and genesis have in common is they are both coupes and both made by Hyundai.

Originally posted by lauphman
Maybe I just had a lemon, but I had to get rid of mine. I had to many issues
Every body panel was mis aligned, my brakes failed twice had air in the lines. My rear lights were always fogging up, the interior chrome trim was flaking off, my shifter was completley worn out. All this in under a year. My bluetooth always had problems.
The rpm issue at shifting was never properly repaired even though the dealership said it was twice, For 22.5k I guess u can't complain to much but the body panels being mis aligned was my biggest issue and I see it on every single one on the road.

What's the rpm issue at shifting you're talking about? So far everything works fine on my car - even the bluetooth. If anything I'd say the quality/fitment of body panels/trim is where Hyundai outdid themselves for a car of this price:dunno:

jsn
08-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Its still a hyundai?

Who the fuck cares if it's a Hyundai. Hyundai have been building better quality cars with better performance as of late. The "it's just a Hyundai" sentiments are getting old. This car is nothing like the Tiburon. :rolleyes:

And on a side note, what do you drive if you don't mind me asking.

tomt64
08-03-2010, 06:59 PM

.IMO it is just a fancy tiburon...which IMO are bad quality and tacky.

A fancy tiburon? Wow :facepalm:

2 totally different cars mate. Why dont you go test drive one before knocking it, you cant base your opinion on a completely new model from one thats been around since gods knows when.

Type_S1
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM

you're an idiot. The only thing the tiburon and genesis have in common is they are both coupes and both made by Hyundai.

Maybe also that from the 3 friends who have owned them everyone of them regrets buying it. The only thing they liked is that it was decently fast for the price they paid for the new car. I have driven them, they remind me of sitting in a Tiburon. There's a reason they are be sold for $22k...it is called quality.

I think they look like a tiburon :dunno: just a redone one and a different name. Anyone protecting this car must have owned one and had a good experience(lucky for you) or don't know anyone who has owned one.

heavyD
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by lauphman
For 22.5k I guess u can't complain to much but the body panels being mis aligned was my biggest issue and I see it on every single one on the road.

This is what people have to understand. There's no way it's going have build quality on par with a $30K car but the tradeoff is that you get a fair bit of car for the money.

Disoblige
08-03-2010, 07:27 PM

Maybe also that from the 3 friends who have owned them everyone of them regrets buying it. The only thing they liked is that it was decently fast for the price they paid for the new car. I have driven them, they remind me of sitting in a Tiburon. There's a reason they are be sold for $22k...it is called quality.

I think they look like a tiburon :dunno: just a redone one and a different name. Anyone protecting this car must have owned one and had a good experience(lucky for you) or don't know anyone who has owned one.
The fact of the matter is, why are you shittin on this guy's thread? He's posting that he purchased a new Genesis, which is exciting for him, and you go on here and say "It's nicer than the rest of the company line up...but still a hyundai"..

Yeah, it's an open forum, but there are rules you need to adhere to. Also, just because it is an open forum doesn't mean it's necessary to be such a dick.

5hift
08-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Great buy, but how much driving have you done so far

659 km on the Odo seems like a lot for a brand new car.

idioteque
08-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Its still a hyundai?

What do you drive? If you even have a car, I'm willing to bet it's a $1500 beater that your parents bought for you.

Also, anyone shitting on Hyundai these days has obviously never driven one OR read the related auto literature over the last decade. The fact is that Hyundai is making excellent cars these days, on par with Honda and Toyota in terms of options, fit and finish, AND reliability. Honda and Toyota are living on old and aging reputations for quality, and are overpriced for what you get... In addition, for the same price, you can get a far superior Hyundai than Honda or Toyota.

The Genesis' are great, and I really love the Sonatas too. If Hyundai offered a mid-sized V6 hatch (e.g. Sonata wagon or hatch), I would drive it in a second.

Disoblige
08-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by idioteque

What do you drive? If you even have a car, I'm willing to bet it's a $1500 beater that your parents bought for you. (Note to the Bet Trolls: that was a sarcastic statement.)

Furthermore, anyone shitting on Hyundai these days has obviously never driven one OR read the related auto literature over the last decade. The fact is that Hyundai is making excellent cars these days, on par with Honda and Toyota in terms of options, fit and finish, AND reliability. Honda and Toyota are living on old and aging reputations for quality, and are overpriced for what you get... In addition, for the same price, you can get a far superior Hyundai than Honda or Toyota.

The Genesis' are great, and I really love the Sonatas too. If Hyundai offered a mid-sized V6 hatch (e.g. Sonata wagon or hatch), I would drive it in a second.

Well... I wouldn't go as far as saying their cars are "excellent". Ford definitely might fit the case in terms of a full overhaul, but Hyundai is slowly becoming a better manufacturer. I have sat in every single car of their current line up and they are alright for what you pay.

Type_S1
08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by idioteque

What do you drive? If you even have a car, I'm willing to bet it's a $1500 beater that your parents bought for you.

Also, anyone shitting on Hyundai these days has obviously never driven one OR read the related auto literature over the last decade. The fact is that Hyundai is making excellent cars these days, on par with Honda and Toyota in terms of options, fit and finish, AND reliability. Honda and Toyota are living on old and aging reputations for quality, and are overpriced for what you get... In addition, for the same price, you can get a far superior Hyundai than Honda or Toyota.

Look at the name, Might give you a hint :rofl:

Maybe you should read my last post....LOL I have driven them...you get what you pay for. You cannot compare a 22K hyundai and a Honda/Toyota....they have a completely different feel when driving them. I'm sorry if you drive one and think its gods gift for the price...its a decent car but people are acting like its some superfast sportscar with amazing quality which it is not.

Talon_66
08-04-2010, 12:53 PM

I don't think they make a whole lot of money selling these cars at this price.

The short comings are definately in the suspension/handling compared to say a new GTI; but hey, a new GTI would have set me back an extra $16K. And you'll be impressed to know it shares the same engine as the EVO X. Smaller turbo, fuel delivery, and other components are slightly different, but in most respects it's the same power plant. If you drive both cars back to back it's like they put a tamer version of the EVO engine into the Gen coupe; the similarity between the driving characteristics of the engines is fairly surprising.
Unfortunately whoever lead you to believe that the 2.0T in the Genesis is the same as the 2.0T in the Evo, gave you false information.

Disoblige
08-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Talon_66

Unfortunately whoever lead you to believe that the 2.0T in the Genesis is the same as the 2.0T in the Evo, gave you false information.

The Genesis 2.0T engine came from the same GEMA World Engine architecture as the Evo 10. Not same engine obviously. I think that's what he meant.

Talon_66
08-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

The Genesis 2.0T engine came from the same GEMA World Engine architecture as the Evo 10. Not same engine obviously. I think that's what he meant.

Im sure it was. I could have gone more in depth with my post.
But comparing the 4B11T to the Genesis 2.0T is comparing apples to oranges.

jsn
08-04-2010, 06:01 PM

Maybe you should read my last post....LOL I have driven them...you get what you pay for. You cannot compare a 22K hyundai and a Honda/Toyota....they have a completely different feel when driving them. I'm sorry if you drive one and think its gods gift for the price...its a decent car but people are acting like its some superfast sportscar with amazing quality which it is not.

Not one person made it out to be a superfast sports car. For the price, the genesis is a pretty decent car with decent performance. And you say you cant compare a 22k Hyundai and a honda? At 22K you're looking at a civic. Not a type S civic either, just a normal civic. I'd rather drive a genesis coupe over a civic. No one's saying it's a super car or even compares to high end mercedes/bmw's. Also, what other car can you get that's a rear wheel drive coupe in this price range?

heavyD
08-04-2010, 06:47 PM

So what? You drive an unremarkable car like an RSX that sold so poorly it was discontinued?

Aleks
08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by jsn

Also, what other car can you get that's a rear wheel drive coupe in this price range?

305hp Ford Mustang is the only one I can think of.

Starting at $21,949 right now for a base model.

luxor
08-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by tobypaddock

How is this even the same as comparing a Hyundai to other brands?

You buy a Hyundai from an exotic dealership and it's still a Hyundai. It's the same Hyundai even if you buy it from an impound auction, no one is going to think any different, it doesn't matter where you got it from.

You will still look good wearing an expensive Lacoste golf tee from Winners compared to some shitty douche bag brand golf tee from Underground. Get it right.

ZorroAMG
08-05-2010, 02:27 AM

So what? You drive an unremarkable car like an RSX that sold so poorly it was discontinued?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love that he declared his Type S as if it wasn't an overpriced honda. Even the Tiburon he was making fun of was a nicer car than the RSX. The Genesis coupe KILLS the RSX all around.

jsn
08-05-2010, 03:23 AM

305hp Ford Mustang is the only one I can think of.

Starting at $21,949 right now for a base model.

True. Wasn't thinking about American muscle. I was just comparing against Imports seeing how the OP bought a Hyundai.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

I love that he declared his Type S as if it wasn't an overpriced honda. Even the Tiburon he was making fun of was a nicer car than the RSX. The Genesis coupe KILLS the RSX all around.

Exactly why I asked him what he drives. Makes fun of OPs car when it's pretty much in the exact same league as his. A RSX isn't exactly a "super fast sports car" either :rolleyes:

sillysod
08-05-2010, 10:43 AM

Uh... if he has a type S1 I would love to see it, beautiful and relatively rare car. No idea what an RSX has to do with "Type S1"?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/162/432498480_d125f956ef.jpg

and IMO the Genesis is a great bang for your buck car.

People forget that Hyundai makes everything from microchips to super tankers. Pretty sure they know how to make a decent car.

911fever
08-05-2010, 02:44 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :rofl:

A3GTiVR6SC
08-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by sillysod

People forget that Hyundai makes everything from microchips to super tankers. Pretty sure they know how to make a decent car.

:werd:

ringmaster
08-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I took the Gen coupe out for a test drive and I was fairly impressed.. As with S1, I have also been in a tiburon and felt that the interior/exterior styling for the Gen coupe was typical Hyundai... but for under 25K out the door with comprehensive 5 year warranty, low finance rate and turbo RWD is that a bad thing?

My experience at the dealership left a good impression on me too... the salesman didn't try for the power close after the test drive! In fact, he was more than willing to let the traction control come off and I was actually laughing at/"with" him as his head was snapping back and forth as I gave his demo car a good thrashing.

Neil4Speed
08-06-2010, 10:19 AM
There is also a r spec for the 3.8 coming out too. I'm can't wait for them to come out with a rwd v8.

That would be amazing if they used their Tau V8 the 4.6L engine produces 385 hp and 333 lb-ft. In the Genesis Coupe chassis, I bet times of under 5 seconds 0-60 might be possible.

gpomp
08-06-2010, 10:22 AM
For that money, you'd be dumb not to buy a Mustang GT

sillysod
08-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Let me get this correct is Type_S1's car a Old Jaguar E type -S1? or is there some sort of other Type - S1 that I am not aware of?

Pahnda
08-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Let me get this correct is Type_S1's car a Old Jaguar E type -S1? or is there some sort of other Type - S1 that I am not aware of?

My assumption is some random Honda something Type S... Oops, I mean Acura something Type S... Get them confused with the amount of inbreeding that goes on between them. Not as bad nowadays technically, but it sure took a toll on the genetic deformity of a 'face' on the new generation of Acuras :barf:

sillysod
08-06-2010, 11:38 AM
oh hahaha, because Honda (or acura) makes vehicles that are so far superior to anything the Koreans could make. hahaha

teknique
08-06-2010, 04:43 PM
type-s1 needs to realise that the "its still a Hyundai" bandwagon is falling apart and he is the only one still riding it.

Grow the fuck up. Its a $22,500 car, RWD, over 200hp and looks great. An amazing car FOR THE PRICE. Yes its no 200 000 dollar ferrari but lets be reasonable here. For another 10g's this thing could be turned into a machine if you want to compare it to a mid range BMW or audi price.

A790
08-06-2010, 05:04 PM
oh hahaha, because Honda (or acura) makes vehicles that are so far superior to anything the Koreans could make. hahaha
LOL What's Honda's youth-focused car? The Civic Si? Woo, because the whole high-strung 4 banger NA FWD thing hasn't been beaten to death.

Good on Hyundai for having some balls and building a cheap turbo RWD platform.

Haters gonna hate. The rest of us can enjoy what's out there :)

Phenix
08-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Screw their current v8. The new v8 there are building is a 5.0 and has 430 hp. That will be what I'll buy if it comes out

Boost Infested
08-06-2010, 06:56 PM
5L V8 is just a rumor.. most likely will only be in the Genesis sedan or the new Equus.

Aleks
08-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
For that money, you'd be dumb not to buy a Mustang GT

Yup, there already exists a sporty rwd coupe with 412hp priced at $32,900 + fees/tax one can purchase now no need to wait. :burnout:

Boost Infested
08-06-2010, 07:14 PM
^ Bingo!

Type_S1
08-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by teknique
type-s1 needs to realise that the "its still a Hyundai" bandwagon is falling apart and he is the only one still riding it.

Grow the fuck up. Its a $22,500 car, RWD, over 200hp and looks great. An amazing car FOR THE PRICE. Yes its no 200 000 dollar ferrari but lets be reasonable here. For another 10g's this thing could be turned into a machine if you want to compare it to a mid range BMW or audi price.

LOL? A bandwagon? I'm not jumping on anything, it is my true belief from owning at one point, friends owning and driving the newer models of Hyundai's. I'm not just coming out and saying random bullshit without any experience.

You grow the fuck up and learn that you get what you pay for, that's all I can say. When you sit in a Genesis, you can tell the difference driving it compared with other brands. Some people say they cannot and they probably don't drive many cars.

:rofl: at comparing to a BMW. It's a quality difference in the car that you can feel driving it, when you buy a BMW and sit in it and drive it it is 100% a different feel(much better feel, comfort, luxury, performance) then a hyundai in every single aspect you could choose. I don't even like BMW's but they are built well, the Genesis coupe, from my own experience, is not.

22K for this car you are getting what you pay for that is what I said the whole thread. 22K does not buy quality.

Thanks for your stupid reply :thumbsup:

canadiandaytona
08-07-2010, 09:09 AM
My DC5 would be taken off the road if cops followed this law. :nut:

Is this all because your upset that a car of lower quality out performs your used honda?

Better get use to it :thumbsup:

A790
08-07-2010, 09:38 AM

Yup, there already exists a sporty rwd coupe with 412hp priced at $32,900 + fees/tax one can purchase now no need to wait. :burnout:
2011 Mustang V8's start at $34,899.

Aleks
08-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by A790

2011 Mustang V8's start at $34,899.

According to Ford.ca:

It's $32,899 + fees and tax like I said. Most deals are advertised without fees and GST. For example the Genesis 2.0T manual base is advertised at $19,995 which really is the price without fees and tax.

slinkie
08-07-2010, 10:44 AM
mustangs LOL

gpomp
08-07-2010, 10:54 AM
hyundais LOL

SOAB
08-07-2010, 11:38 AM
civic drivers LOL

A790
08-07-2010, 11:43 AM

According to Ford.ca:

It's $32,899 + fees and tax like I said. Most deals are advertised without fees and GST. For example the Genesis 2.0T manual base is advertised at $19,995 which really is the price without fees and tax.
The $32,899 is for a 2010 Mustang GT, which is the 315hp V8 I believe.

Hair splitting aside, I completely agree with the point that if you're going to drop 33K+ on a vehicle, the Genesis Coupe is out gunned by the Mustang and Camaro.

Type_S1
08-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona

Is this all because your upset that a car of lower quality out performs your used honda?

Better get use to it :thumbsup:

hahaha
A dc5 is one of the cars I own :thumbsup: and I garuntee I would beat any model of genesis in any road course.
are you sad that you can't afford either one?

A daytona? :rofl: :facepalm: made me laugh a bit there

A790
08-07-2010, 11:55 AM

hahaha
A dc5 is one of the cars I own :thumbsup: and I garuntee I would beat any model of genesis in any road course.
are you sad that you can't afford either one?

A daytona? :rofl: :facepalm: made me laugh a bit there
How about you stop being a troll? That'd be real nice.

Aleks
08-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by A790

The $32,899 is for a 2010 Mustang GT, which is the 315hp V8 I believe.

Hair splitting aside, I completely agree with the point that if you're going to drop 33K+ on a vehicle, the Genesis Coupe is out gunned by the Mustang and Camaro.

It's for the 2011 model right now as you get $5600 off in incentives. Heck of a deal for someone who wants HP as main priority. Can't beat it.

As far as GenCoupe is concerned the exterior has grown on me a lot. I think it looks really nice other than the odd looking grille.

ZorroAMG
08-07-2010, 01:18 PM

:rofl: at comparing to a BMW. It's a quality difference in the car that you can feel driving it, when you buy a BMW and sit in it and drive it it is 100% a different feel(much better feel, comfort, luxury, performance) then a hyundai in every single aspect you could choose. I don't even like BMW's but they are built well, the Genesis coupe, from my own experience, is not.

22K for this car you are getting what you pay for that is what I said the whole thread. 22K does not buy quality.

Thanks for your stupid reply :thumbsup:

OK, now let's compare the Genesis quality to your RSX....LOL

Power_Of_Rotary
08-07-2010, 01:32 PM
A fair opinion from me would be:

Hyundai's never really made any decent high performance vehicles. So I personally wouldnt get one.

Mustangs have been around for a long time, it will be most japanese cars on a quarter mile, and the cars costs alot less dollar per hp.

Reliability Japanese cars seems to do an ok job. I honestly dont think its that big of a diffy from american cars lol. an rsx type s costs more than 30k new, at a whooping 200hp (ohhh and vteeeech) is just sad.

All in all id get a Mustang or a Camaro (426hp around $40k)

soloracer
08-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary
A fair opinion from me would be:

Hyundai's never really made any decent high performance vehicles. So I personally wouldnt get one.

Mustangs have been around for a long time, it will be most japanese cars on a quarter mile, and the cars costs alot less dollar per hp.

Reliability Japanese cars seems to do an ok job. I honestly dont think its that big of a diffy from american cars lol. an rsx type s costs more than 30k new, at a whooping 200hp (ohhh and vteeeech) is just sad.

All in all id get a Mustang or a Camaro (426hp around $40k)

Hyundai's are Korean not Japanese.

idioteque
08-07-2010, 02:13 PM
does anyone else have the feeling that type_s1 is some 15 year old kid who doesn't even have a driver's license?

slinkie
08-07-2010, 02:46 PM
gen coupe nice

sillysod
08-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Isn't an RSX just a civic? I thought they shared the same chassis.

Disoblige
08-07-2010, 08:20 PM

ANY model of Genesis in your RSX? lol.. Okay you must be one phenomenal driver.

Alright, thanks for coming out. Also, thanks for verifying you are a troll.

Isn't an RSX just a civic? I thought they shared the same chassis.
Yeah. The integra did as well.