PDA

View Full Version : WARNING ! about a shop.

bakerboy
07-18-2010, 09:19 PM
hey all, i have a warning about a shop i got work done at and wanted to spread the word so no one else goes there. its called redline preformance he mainly does diesels but also does cars.

i have a tsi talon i brought it in there for head studs, new lifters, and a metal head gasket !
i dropped off the car and it sat there for 2 and a half months before he got it done i had to keep calling in and hasseing him to get it done but he ways always out gettig drunk instead of being at his shop working on the cars and trucks he had in there. in the end i had to go to his shop push my car in there and help him do it and he still charged me full price.

he told me he felt bad and it wouldnt happen again.

about 6 months later my stock turbo went and took out a rod bearing so, i called him up and asked if he was busy and he said no and felt bad for the last time so he would give me a deal and get it done right away.

i went and bought a rvr evo bottom end. i dropped off the car and motor, and the car sat there for roughly 6 months and i would call him once a week to see if he needed anything part wise and he would tell me oh sorry i havent been working on your car im to busy.....

about 6 months of bugging him i finally went down and he was sitting at his shop drunk not working on anything. so i went in had a chat with him and once again i had to push my car in and help them pull the motor and replace it.

the car total sat there for 7 months. before it got done. and i had to do half the work. and still got charged full price.

i picked up the car and drove it for about 2-3000 kms brought it back in for a check up because it was making a noise i found out the rear balance shaft bearing broke. so i bought the blance shaft eliminator kit and he installed it, BUT ! he took out the rear balance shaft and kepy in the front and hooked up the front balance shaft. witch unblances the motor.

i drove it to my house and it started ticking like crazy and died down my street. the guy came with a tow truck and brought it to his shop. i called him a month after he towed it to his shop he told me that he didnt have time to look at it and it needs a motor rebuild and he said he will do it.

the car sat there from dec 10 2009 till july 2010 and he didnt even look at the car.....

after him telling me it needs a whole motor rebuild i finally went there and got the keys and took it home.

i found out its just a lifter that went and is a $10 fix.

please dont waiste your time with this shop all you will have is problems.

GoChris
07-18-2010, 09:27 PM
why the hell did you go back the 2nd time??

jdmXSI
07-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Shitty deal... I don't understand why you went back after your first issue with him... Personally I would have found another shop if it more took than 3 weeks to get in for repair.

ZorroAMG
07-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Fool me once, shame on you...

bakerboy
07-18-2010, 09:33 PM
yea it was my roomates buddie thats the only reason i went back.

my old roomate has a jack up diesel says redline preformance on the back he spent roughly $50 000 + at this guys shop and the fastest run he got out of his truck was a mid 15s.

and the truck was always in for repairs. with stuff not done correctly or shotty work.

sevewone
07-18-2010, 10:04 PM
dude you a moron for constantly going back to the same shop, should have learned your lesson the first time.

G-ZUS
07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
When a shop leaves a bad taste in your mouth, you don't go back.

ByTeMe
07-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by GoChris

This says it all.

BlackArcher101
07-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by GoChris

Not to mention letting him keep it for 7 months the 3rd time.

It's stories like this that I ignore. Obviously this shop owner isn't doing this to all his customers, or else he would be out of business with the lack of cashflow coming in. This makes me think there's something else going on between just the OP and the shop owner.

dsr7723
07-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by bakerboy
yea it was my roomates buddie thats the only reason i went back.

my old roomate has a jack up diesel says redline preformance on the back he spent roughly $50 000 + at this guys shop and the fastest run he got out of his truck was a mid 15s.

and the truck was always in for repairs. with stuff not done correctly or shotty work.

50 grand on most diesels should get you into the 11's. This guy's a clown big time, thanks for the heads up!

2EFNFAST
07-19-2010, 12:31 AM
uh, there doesn't appear to be such a thing as Redline Performance in calgary that matches your description

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search?where=calgary&stype=si&what=redline&AFC-QC3312952991?

The closest is this one, but it seems to mostly focus on tuning as opposed to general repair and diesel trucks

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search?where=calgary&stype=si&what=redline&AFC-QC3312952991?

bakerboy
07-19-2010, 12:39 AM
he runs out of all lube hes got diesel trucks around with big sticks on the back that say red line preformance. he use to have a shop right by the road king and he was running out of biz and money and couldnt afford the shop so he moved in with his partner who owns all lube and runs his red line out of there. witch is up the street from bull shit tims just off barlow.

and i not putting this up to be asked why i went back, i posted this so no one else waiste your time and money.

bakerboy
07-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

Not to mention letting him keep it for 7 months the 3rd time.

It's stories like this that I ignore. Obviously this shop owner isn't doing this to all his customers, or else he would be out of business with the lack of cashflow coming in. This makes me think there's something else going on between just the OP and the shop owner.

he use to be south of road king right beside the regestry. he was looking money like crazy he had a few motors he installed blow, or always back in for problems.

he recently moved out of there because he couldnt afford it any more due to loosing money.
and now hes moved into all lube ( his partner ) i beliv its on 61st, right beside bull shit tims.

im not here to be asked why i went back, just a warning not to waiste your time or money. spec the diesel guys.

Jeremiah
07-19-2010, 10:13 AM
This is your own fault, why would you continue going back somewhere who doesn't a) appreciate your business and b) wastes your time

FraserB
07-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
This is your own fault, why would you continue going back somewhere who doesn't a) appreciate your business and b) wastes your time

Pretty much this. If a place screws you big time once, chances are they won't be changing if you go back a second or third time. I had a similar issue with a shop in town, guess what, I don't go there anymore since I can get better service at their competitor.

Zewind
07-19-2010, 07:33 PM
BBB them?