PDA

View Full Version : Parking Question.

JfuckinC
07-19-2010, 11:40 AM
So you know how all over the belt line/uptown they have 2h and 3h parking zones, usually timed 900-1800 or 800-2000. So i park in these for work all the time and just move my vehicle(learned this from a fellow beyonder working aroudn 17th).

Now if i am to be parked in a 3h zone for the 3 hr's, and i go move my truck, as im driving away the parking guy watches me drive away. I returned to the exact same spot say 10 minutes later after i picked up some yummy subway. i should be good for another 3h's right? haha

What do you guys think haha

FraserB
07-19-2010, 11:43 AM
If he has chalked your tires I would think you would be fine since the lines would not match.

Tomaz
07-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Try it, let me know how it goes. ;)

How the hell do you find any parking during the day?

adam c
07-19-2010, 12:02 PM
just remove the chalk from the tires if they still do that

Zero102
07-19-2010, 12:12 PM
I have been told by them that it is 3 hours per day you are allowed, but I am not sure how strictly they enforce this. I got hassled by a parking guy one day because I moved my car forward 5 feet when he came walking up.

inline6turbo
07-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Back in the day I went to St Mary's High School on 17th ave. We would do that religiously. It was all 2 and 3 hour parking in front of the school and at lunch we would all rotate cars and unchalk the tires. Never got a ticket. I'd say go for it.

JfuckinC
07-19-2010, 12:18 PM
This guy seems to be writing down license plates, not chalking tires.
I guess we'll see when i go check my truck in 3 hours :rofl:

Parking around here is TERRIBLE (anywhere near 17th, if you work in an office).

Zhariak
07-19-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure in Calgary they record plates. In Vancouver I used to get chalked all the time, but never here.

(I'm a consultant and constantly park on the streets).

As far as I know, after 3 hours legally you should be able to drive away, come back and be good.

To be honest, sometimes I go over that time, (I use parkplus on the phone), call the number and re-activate and I've never gotten a ticket for that.

JfuckinC
07-19-2010, 02:34 PM
They chalk here too, I've rubbed it off my tire before haha...

No Ticket though! So that must be legit.. but he'd have to see me take off like today or else he wouldn't know i had left. The lady infront of me just moved her car up one spot haha so obviously that's ok too.

Still, such a hassle parking around here. The pay lots suck, one doesn't have enough room to back out if you drive a truck, so once you're there, you're stuck until the cars around you leave :banghead: