PDA

View Full Version : Looking to take up Tae Kwon Do or something

IggyB
07-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Looking to take up martial arts. For fitness more than ass kicking. Not MMA type as my body won't take it :)

Any suggestions on the South side of town? I live in Sundance.

Rather not be in a class with little kids.

RUQUIKR
07-19-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd reccomend Wing Chun. There is a great place that I go to just off Blackfoot.

http://www.wingchun-canada.com/

j.garner
07-26-2010, 07:59 AM
try kick boxing/ muaythai. When i use to go to mike miles they had a cardio kick boxing class mostly for cardio not to much theory

Cos
07-26-2010, 08:07 AM
I used to take TKD, I did ITF, there is also WTF. I am now taking Hapkido. I like it, good mix of TKD and Judo.

1barA4
08-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Cardio Boxercise/Kickboxercise?

If you're not in it for actual contact or training but just for fitness, go to the one that works them the hardest.

Otherwise you can stick to the big names (Mike Miles, but the closest to you is the downtown location), or do the programs at MRU (I imagine they are cheap).

However, if you want to chop socky the air without breaking a sweat, and therefore not actually get into shape, there's plenty of bullshido/mcdojos in Calgary...

Side benefit of kickboxercise, at least what my friend tells me -- crazy hot girls (if you're a guy)...and if you're a girl, crazy hot girls (c'mon, every girl is only 12 beers away from a lesbian experience...or vomiting...I never remember which)