PDA

View Full Version : FS: Ibanez Tube King Distortion Pedal

Mckenzie
12-18-2003, 02:41 PM
Rare TK999 Model

(Japanese Model, Better than the TK999 US Model)

Gain
Treble
Middle
Bass
Master Volume Control

Also: Noise Gate Feature

3 12AX7 Power Tubes in the gain section.

This thing seriously rocks, but so does my new Mesa Boogie Amp. I have no need for this pedal as I am using the gain section on my new amp now.

You can get a great variety of tone with this bad boy.... the 3 way EQ really helps. Scoop the mids, and crank the bass and treble and you can get that really heavy metal sound. Turn up the mids and turn down the bass a bit and you will get hat nice classic rock tone. Much more to be discovered when you play with the knobs....

Mint Condition. Retails over $230 New. I paid $170 for it in the summer. I will sacrifice at $125. Comes with original box and power supply.

For reviews and Pics see this link.... http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Ibanez/TK999_Tube_King_Overdrive-01.html

p3nnywi5dom
12-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Hey Cole, I might have to take you up on this offer.
I just need to run into some money.

Mckenzie
12-19-2003, 09:06 PM
Cool Bryan....let me know...:) Man....you got me started on this PRS thing. I think I need to buy another one. I am already looking at another one and I am thinking of selling my Les Paul. :( Ahhhh...what did you get me into!!

I am sure you will run into some money over the holidays so just shoot me an email to [email protected] if you are interested.

If it does not sell on the internet over the holidays, I will be putting it in the bargain finder during the first week of January for probably around $140. I will give you guys the first shot for a lower price though.

rage2
12-19-2003, 09:25 PM
check pm dude. sent it earlier today. don't u notice your PM bar blinking? :)

finboy
12-19-2003, 09:32 PM
good deal, i really need to pick up one of my gutiar's more often :(

p3nnywi5dom
12-19-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
Cool Bryan....let me know...:) Man....you got me started on this PRS thing. I think I need to buy another one. I am already looking at another one and I am thinking of selling my Les Paul. :( Ahhhh...what did you get me into!!

I am sure you will run into some money over the holidays so just shoot me an email to [email protected] if you are interested.

If it does not sell on the internet over the holidays, I will be putting it in the bargain finder during the first week of January for probably around $140. I will give you guys the first shot for a lower price though.

I want your LP :hitit:
What year was it again?

I'm thinking my next guitar would be an LP or a Jackson Flying V.

What other PRS are you looking at?

Mckenzie
12-19-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by rage2
check pm dude. sent it earlier today. don't u notice your PM bar blinking? :)

You Have PM. :)

I think I need glasses sometimes :nut:

I want your LP

What year was it again?

I'm thinking my next guitar would be an LP or a Jackson Flying V.

What other PRS are you looking at?

Its a 77 Heritage Cherry Sunburst Les Paul Deluxe. They are fetching a pretty penny on EBAY right now, so I will be looking for around $2000 for it.

I am looking at either the Custom 22/24 or the Standard 22/24. Either way, I want a bolt on neck. I also dont like the McCarty's that much. The neck feels awkward and they are overrated IMO.

I am thinking about custom ordering one. I want a Whale Blue or Matteo Blue Ten Top Quilt soooooo Bad. They are so beautiful. I also like the electronics on them better.

BTW, I put the dragon Is in my Swamp Ash Special that you saw. They sound wicked. :thumbsup:

p3nnywi5dom
12-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Very nice.
Dragons all the way!
I'm tweaking with my RP100, and I found a tone that sounds exactly like Slash.
I think I'm actually going to practice the Sweet Child solo untill I get it.
I can't get enough of it.

Do NOT sell your LP! It's such a keepsake.

Mckenzie
12-20-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by p3nnywi5dom
Very nice.
Dragons all the way!
I'm tweaking with my RP100, and I found a tone that sounds exactly like Slash.
I think I'm actually going to practice the Sweet Child solo untill I get it.
I can't get enough of it.

Do NOT sell your LP! It's such a keepsake.

Thats a tough riff, let alone solo. I think you have the coordination to do it though.

I have been trying to nail Stevie Ray Vaughns Texas Flood. Fuck that song is hard. I swear I stress myself out because I try and learn songs that are beyond my capabilities sometimes. ;)

As for the LP, it is a sweet guitar for sure, and it will increase in value. But I am really diggin the craftmanship on the PRS guitars. I have also always wanted a blue guitar and they dont make blue gibsons. :(

It was defenitaly a spuratic thought so we will see if it materializes or not :dunno: .

p3nnywi5dom
12-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Well, I went to to work today, but I wasn't on the sched, so I came back here and started on it again. I have most of it memorized, I just need to work on the speed.

You should learn Little Wing or Life Without You.

I came home a week ago and I found my dad listning to a SRV greatest hits cd. I would have never expected that to happen.

Mckenzie
12-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Well, I went to to work today, but I wasn't on the sched, so I came back here and started on it again. I have most of it memorized, I just need to work on the speed.

You should learn Little Wing or Life Without You.

I came home a week ago and I found my dad listning to a SRV greatest hits cd. I would have never expected that to happen.

That SRV greatest hits CD is really good. Future Shop also has a double greatest hits CD. If you really want to see this guy play, go buy the Austin City Limits DVD. Its fuckin nuts!

He plays this killer solo with his eyes closed behind his back! :bigpimp:

As for little wing, I have been trying to learn that for quite a while. I can get through the first minute or so, but it is defenitaly a tough song. 7 minutes or something like that. Lots of chord phrasing and moving around. I will get it sooner or later though. ;)

finboy
12-20-2003, 11:55 AM
damn high rollers, i just have an epiphone les paul, or ricer les paul if you will :D

p3nnywi5dom
12-20-2003, 12:38 PM
lol.

Those are good guitars for the money though.

Mckenzie
12-20-2003, 01:27 PM
Sorry Bryan. Sold to Rage.:dunno:

:)

p3nnywi5dom
12-20-2003, 01:33 PM
Awwww...

Ah well, we were starting to whore up this thread anyways.

Mckenzie
12-20-2003, 01:54 PM
Awwww...

Ah well, we were starting to whore up this thread anyways.

lol.....true....might as well...:bigpimp: