PDA

View Full Version : Sheldon Chumir Center

JfuckinC
07-20-2010, 08:21 AM
Anyone ever been to the walk in there? What are the wait times like? I haven't seen a doctor in a while and im just really hurtin right now but don't want to waste 2 hours of my day sitting in a waiting room. :dunno:

Thanks.

Neil4Speed
07-20-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Anyone ever been to the walk in there? What are the wait times like? I haven't seen a doctor in a while and im just really hurtin right now but don't want to waste 2 hours of my day sitting in a waiting room. :dunno:

Thanks.

It really depends on your circumstance, if you have a bullet wound they are not going to make you wait 2 hours. But seriously if your "really hurtin" whats 2 hours?

Cos
07-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I had a sinus infection, walked from my office there, and after 20 minutes left and went to my family doctor.

JfuckinC
07-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Cos
I had a sinus infection, walked from my office there, and after 20 minutes left and went to my family doctor.

alright, skipping it then. Thanks. Guess its more like a broken bones place than a sick as fuck placcee. Fuck my family doctor sucks though.

buh_buh
07-20-2010, 08:26 AM
I waited there once for 5 hours for a 5 minute procedure on a Sunday

JfuckinC
07-20-2010, 08:30 AM
i thought they had a walk in clinic part, but i was mistaken. See'ing a doctor in this city is such a fucking hassle, i haven't been in like 3 years cause it's so retarded. :nut:

Cos
07-20-2010, 08:33 AM

alright, skipping it then. Thanks. Guess its more like a broken bones place than a sick as fuck placcee. Fuck my family doctor sucks though.

They do have a walk in. When I went in (at like 1130 on a tuesday or something) there was some chick passed out, some dude was stabbed. I think it is the homeless and druggy drop in.

swak
07-20-2010, 02:21 PM
i haven't been in like 3 years cause it's so retarded. :nut:

x2.

I still have a sheet to get bloodwork done sitting at home because regardless of when you go, its at least a 1-2hr wait.
FUUUUCCCCKKKK THAAATTT!!!

inline6turbo
07-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I always go the clinic in the far south calgary on macleod. Forget the name of it but it's the giant building across macleod from walmart shawnessy. You can see a doctor, do blood work, get xrays, and pick up your perscriptions all in the same building :D

sti420
07-20-2010, 02:31 PM
It's not a real walk in clinic, per se. It's target demographic is inner city garbage that are in real bad shape.

core_upt
07-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by swak

x2.

I still have a sheet to get bloodwork done sitting at home because regardless of when you go, its at least a 1-2hr wait.
FUUUUCCCCKKKK THAAATTT!!!

for blood work, you can book an appointment with Calgary Lab Services ahead of time:
http://www.calgarylabservices.com/Patients/PSC_Patient_Appointment_Service.htm

You just show up at your time and walk right in, do your test and your done. Average blood work is no more then 20 minutes.

I just did mine without an appointment and was out of there in 45...

1-Bar
07-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
I always go the clinic in the far south calgary on macleod. Forget the name of it but it's the giant building across macleod from walmart shawnessy. You can see a doctor, do blood work, get xrays, and pick up your perscriptions all in the same building :D

South Calgary Urgent Care.....closes @ 11pm, but door close @ 10pm. If your visiting close to closing time, good luck to you.....

Both Sheldon/South Calgary are okay if there's something minor wrong with you, all else they'll ship you to the main 4 hospitals.

Kona9
07-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Actually, I have been to Sheldon Chumuir during business hours when my ear was killing me. In and out in less than 30 minutes. It is not always full of street people. Being a newer facility is nice as well.

In your situation JF'nC, I would not hesitate to go there. By now you have probably gone elsewhere. Then again, knowing you, you are procrastinating at this too. :rofl:

93accord
07-20-2010, 06:29 PM
went to Sheldon Chumuir with a deep cut in my index finger from a bandsaw. walked in at 3 pm and walked out at 10 pm. waited 5 hours outside then another hour inside waiting for the doctor. most painful six hours of my life.

G-ZUS
07-20-2010, 07:16 PM
It really depends who is there at the time, and how sick they are. When you get there you see the triage nurse who checks you out and starts up the record. That record has 1-5 on it. 1 being really emergent and 5 not and everything in between. If you are a 1, you will see a doctor really quick. If you are a 5 good luck.