PDA

View Full Version : SUV Question

codetrap
07-20-2010, 09:16 AM
We're looking at purchasing something a little bigger than the Jetta. Shortlisting the Porsche Cayenne, Toureg (2011?) or the Audi Q7. Anyone have any experiences they'd like to share?

I'd like to get away from a roof box for stuff, so a little more trunk type storage is more important that 3rd row seating to me. We usually travel with the dog in the hatch, and the kidling in the carseat. I'd like it if the wife didn't have to have the front seat forward, so decent rear room is a must. I'm pretty sure all 3 of these cover that off.

Also, is it worth bringing one in from the states for the price difference? Thoughts?

atgilchrist
07-20-2010, 10:06 AM
The new Touareg/Cayennes are supposed to be awesome, much lighter than the old ones. My dad has an 06 V8 Touareg, and the thing is a beast. But it also feels like it's been carved form one piece of metal, nice solid ride.

The look of the new Cayennes, especially, is :drool: . The underpinnings of all three are similar, and you can't go wrong there, imho.

rogermiles
07-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by atgilchrist
The new Touareg/Cayennes are supposed to be awesome, much lighter than the old ones. My dad has an 06 V8 Touareg, and the thing is a beast. But it also feels like it's been carved form one piece of metal, nice solid ride.

The look of the new Cayennes, especially, is :drool: . The underpinnings of all three are similar, and you can't go wrong there, imho.

I AGREE! the new Cayennes is amazing.... :thumbsup: