PDA

View Full Version : Why Calgary?

curious_joe
07-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Hi. I want to move to Calgary but there seems to be something that is stipping me. Something i cannot explain. Probably need more reasons for me to make the move. Hope somebody give me some thoughts about living in Calgary. Thanks

BigDannyCool
07-20-2010, 11:27 PM
well you obviously don't want to move to calgary then

bastardchild
07-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Calgary Weather, everyone loves it.

Disoblige
07-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Been living here all my life.. Regarding Calgary, nothing too bad, but not too good either. Were in this crappy phase where the city needs to catch up with the population, so many come by in 10-15 years!

A790
07-21-2010, 01:12 AM
LOL move to BC dude. Seriously.

turbotrip
07-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Money. The only reason to move to Calgary

yellowsnow
07-21-2010, 06:02 AM
^^ yup. i grew up in calgary, so my family/friends are all here. else i'd move to vancouver or someplace warm.

the rocky mountains are great though. snowboarding/skiing, x-country skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, cycling. lots of good outdoor activities a couple hours away from the city

whodiman
07-21-2010, 06:51 AM
if you need a job or want to catapult your career then come to Calgary. If you already have tons of money and don't need to work again then Vancouver is a much better place.

btw which city would you be leaving?

Xtrema
07-21-2010, 07:06 AM
From Manila?

Def for $. U probably will like Vancouver more tho.

ExtraSlow
07-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Lots of cons to Calgary
People from other areas of the country never seem to get used to the yo-yo weather that we have here. Also, depending on your political views, you might see the local conservative majority as somewhat backward and "hick" in their thinking. Plus housing is very expensive and traffic sucks if you live in the 'burbs.

If you aren't sure, don't bother moving to Calgary.

I've lived in the Calgary area my whole life, and there's nowhere else in Canada I'd rather be. It really annoys me when people move here and bitch about how unhappy they are.

R-Audi
07-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Every city in the world has its positives and negatives... just gotta figure out which ones mean the most to you and go from there!

masoncgy
07-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Calgary isn't so bad... I bitch about it a lot, but it's been good to me, so I really can't complain.

I moved here when I was 20, so at the time I thought it was amazing... and held that position for years.

I've made great money here. I've almost met a lot of cool people over the years that have made it a fun place to be.

Of course, now that I'm a little older, I find Calgary to be a pain in the ass most of the time. The weather sucks, the traffic sucks, I find most people are rude/lame & it's pricey to live here.

Hence why I'm moving back home to BC. :)

curious_joe
07-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by whodiman
if you need a job or want to catapult your career then come to Calgary. If you already have tons of money and don't need to work again then Vancouver is a much better place.

btw which city would you be leaving?

looking for work is my priority as a new immigrant. Abundance of jobs is the main and probably the only reason why a big part of me wants to move to Calgary. I am from the Philippines and i have toured vancouver, toronto and calgary few years ago. But just stayed for 4 days in each city