PDA

View Full Version : Hottest wings

Integra10
07-21-2010, 02:42 PM
I have yet to find a wing that was too spicy to eat. I love spicy food and was wondering where in Calgary would have the hottest wings? I think it would be cool to take one of those hot wing challenges.

dirtsniffer
07-21-2010, 02:43 PM
the bull and finch has wings you need a waiver for. there the spiciest ive had, i could still eat them though, just not pleasantly

teknical
07-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Hudsons has a contest going on right now for their hottest wings. If you can eat 10 in 3 minutes you recieve a T-shirt and are entered into a draw for a trip.

wintonyk
07-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by teknical
Hudsons has a contest going on right now for their hottest wings. If you can eat 10 in 3 minutes you recieve a T-shirt and are entered into a draw for a trip.

Was just gonna say i heard about this on the radio.

The hottest i have ever had were the Bull vs Volcano wings at Bull and Finch. The first one was mega hot. After that my mouth was numb so it was easy to finish the next 5.

Hell leaving me though.

Pollywog
07-21-2010, 03:12 PM
3rd degree Hellfire wings at the Unicorn. Anybody been?

swak
07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Never been to the bull and finch, but the worst ive has is at Juliets Castle (yeah.. yeah.. its a sh*t hole).

But me and 2 other buds ordered 40 honey-hot wings, and they were insane.

I ate 5-6 and called it quits... Disgustingly hot.

Grogador
07-21-2010, 03:28 PM
+1 for volcano wings at bull & finch!

chathamf
07-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Go down and try the Johnny Cash wings at the Rusty Cage. They are prob not the hottest in town, but they are the most delicious super spicy wing I've tried. Most really spicy wings aren't actually tasty, but these are the best.

Pollywog
07-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Well if we are talking deliciously hot wings, the Suicide wings at Partners Dining Room and lounge fuckin rule. Every wed/fri up in the foothills its 10c wings.

Swank
07-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog
3rd degree Hellfire wings at the Unicorn. Anybody been?

Yep, brutally hot, I think they use battery acid. Hmmm, it's wing Wednesday, off I go!

msommers
07-21-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't understand how you guys do it. I'm loving it going in, but working its way through and coming out...

chathamf
07-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Haha, coming out is the problem. I usually only eat super hot wings if I have the next day off work and can just sit home all day and suffer. But damn they are good.

bourge73
07-21-2010, 04:40 PM
^^ hahaha +1 I cant usually make it much past the hot ones....Do you think they use Dave's Insanity Sauce for these? man I have never had anything as hot as that shiat.

chathamf
07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Never had Dave's Insanity before. I think the ones at the Cage are a original recipe. They are delicious, but man do they tear my asshole apart the next day.

theken
07-21-2010, 07:00 PM
i could make u a wing you wouldnt be able to finish.

sr20s14zenki
07-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by chathamf
Go down and try the Johnny Cash wings at the Rusty Cage. They are prob not the hottest in town, but they are the most delicious super spicy wing I've tried. Most really spicy wings aren't actually tasty, but these are the best.

fucking hot stuff hahahahh.

They have sooo many flavours there, i only stick to like 10 or 15 of them haha. I find their wings are prepared perfectly crispy.

dirtsniffer
07-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
^^ hahaha +1 I cant usually make it much past the hot ones....Do you think they use Dave's Insanity Sauce for these? man I have never had anything as hot as that shiat.

yea thats easily the hottest hot sauce ive ever come across

Disoblige
07-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by teknical
This starts on WEDNESDAY, JULY 28TH!. It's from 8-10 PM.

I think I will be going. Who wants to go down there after the Chinook Beyond Meet? :rofl:

bourge73
07-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Ill be @ hudsons on Sat night maybe I ll try the wings :devil:

ExtraSlow
07-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Opinions on the hottest ones at the Alcove? It's a total dive, but the non-insane wings are tasty, and the beer is cheap. Plus I have a soft spot for that bar from back in my university days.

Graham_A_M
07-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Grogador
+1 for volcano wings at bull & finch!

ooooooh fuck yeah. If you can finish TWO wings, my hats off to you. I had 1 and a half and that I was having trouble breathing. I couldn't see straight my eyes were watering so much, same with my nose running like a mofo. :cry:
They dont need to come in sixes, two is pure torture.

InRich
07-22-2010, 11:22 PM
If you want em hot, like everyone else here has said, go and try the bull & finch wings.... ask em for the waiver wings... your gonna love em..... mmmmm hotness. btw I've seen 2 ppl TRY and finish a basket of 6, all failed.... I loved laughing at em though.

Lucky97
07-22-2010, 11:26 PM
hudson by far has the hottest wings i have ever had

boarderfatty
07-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I just completed the Hudson's Blazin wing challenge. it is eat 10 wings in under 3 minutes, no napkins, no touching face, no drink, need to sign a legal release. If you complete it you get a T shirt, a Rickard's chicken roaster, and chance on sept 22 to win a trip to chicago. I found it pretty easy, did it in 1 min 18 sec. the wings didn't start burning bad until i only had a few left. just eat fast breathe in through the mouth, out through the nose.

These wings were pretty hot but by far not the hottest wings I have ever had. I find these ones were a spicier/pepperier hot vs the burning vinegar hotness of some other sauces. I find the higher vinegar content burn much worse than the stronger pepper flavor. There are a few hole in the wall bars in E Town that have burnt me much worse than Hudson's.

If you decide to order at Hudson's I suggest pre ordering a glass of milk ( in a dirty glass to prove you are still a man) and some sort of soft drink. I found after these wings most beer ends up tasting like shit for some reason.

[Yu]
07-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty

These wings were pretty hot but by far not the hottest wings I have ever had. I find these ones were a spicier/pepperier hot vs the burning vinegar hotness of some other sauces. I find the higher vinegar content burn much worse than the stronger pepper flavor. There are a few hole in the wall bars in E Town that have burnt me much worse than Hudson's.

Yea, the vinegar content burn more because the vanilloid receptors (pain receptors) in your mouth have a lower threshold due to acid (vinegar) which make it much more sensitive to temperature and capsaicin

Disoblige
07-22-2010, 11:46 PM
What's a Rickard's chicken roaster?

Cool, I knew they started it in Edmonton. Can't wait for Wednesday!

idioteque
07-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty
I just completed the Hudson's Blazin wing challenge. it is eat 10 wings in under 3 minutes, no napkins, no touching face, no drink, need to sign a legal release. If you complete it you get a T shirt, a Rickard's chicken roaster, and chance on sept 22 to win a trip to chicago. I found it pretty easy, did it in 1 min 18 sec. the wings didn't start burning bad until i only had a few left. just eat fast breathe in through the mouth, out through the nose.

If you decide to order at Hudson's I suggest pre ordering a glass of milk ( in a dirty glass to prove you are still a man) and some sort of soft drink. I found after these wings most beer ends up tasting like shit for some reason.

dude, i bet that is gonna burn like hell comin' out...

:devil: :devil: :devil:

let us know what happens! :goflames:

boarderfatty
07-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
What's a Rickard's chicken roaster?

Cool, I knew they started it in Edmonton. Can't wait for Wednesday!

It's that metal cup that you put beer into and sit a chicken on to roast

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/jordanturbo/IMG00011-20100722-2355.jpg
http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/jordanturbo/IMG00009-20100722-2353.jpg
http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/jordanturbo/IMG00010-20100722-2354.jpg
http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/jordanturbo/IMG00007-20100722-2353.jpg
http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/jordanturbo/IMG00008-20100722-2353.jpg

boarderfatty
07-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by idioteque

dude, i bet that is gonna burn like hell comin' out...

:devil: :devil: :devil:

let us know what happens! :goflames:

The only reason it burnt coming out was because of the glass of milk I chased with since I am lactose intolerant and forgot to take one of my pills. As I said before they were hot, but no where near the hottest wings I have ever had. I have had wings done in a salsa from Julio's that were much hotter they were cooked in a habienero pure that have been fermented and reduced. I was singing a little johnny cash after that.

After the finishing the blazin wings the burn was pretty well gone by the time I got my milk which I ordered after finishing the wings. The only real disappointment imo was the fact you had to still pay $3.50 for the wings even if you beat the challenge.

idioteque
07-23-2010, 12:12 AM
I like them hot, but not THAT hot!

nrt_vw
07-23-2010, 12:12 AM
agreed. bull and finch volcano wings were the hottest Ive had

Disoblige
07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
I just did it.. My stomach is burning.. Ugh. At least I got a shirt and chicken roaster.

2:40 was my time lol..

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8506/wingsb.jpg

boarderfatty
07-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
I just did it.. My stomach is burning.. Ugh. At least I got a shirt and chicken roaster.

2:40 was my time lol..

Drink lots of milk eat lots of starches and carbs (bread, fries) and you will be fine in 15-20 min minus maybe some burning lips

HuMz
08-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Bull Vs Volcano for sure, ive seen countless people try only to eat 1 or 2, and i've only seen one person eat all 6.

teknical
08-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Is the burning worth it? I wouldn't mind having one of those chicken roasters ;)

boarderfatty
08-02-2010, 10:41 PM
^^^ Yes it is, its only bad for about 5 min. only thing that sucks is that you still have to pay for the wings which is lie a whole $3.50

theken
08-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm gonna try it next wednesday. I have dehydrated habanero that is probably the hottest shit you will ever taste in your life. I bought like 5lbs of habaneros 1lb of jalepenos 1 lbs of those little red burny peppers and dehydrated them put them in my magic bullet made a powder and put it in soups and shit. The handle end of a spoon almost ruins a soup.

Disoblige
08-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Ok, after the Challenge I've been craving hot wings and the Inferno wings at Classic Jacks are for BABIES! Tastes like normal wings, seriously lol.

I really want to try the Bull n Finch wings now, but from the sounds of it, I don't think the stomach would be too happy lol.. But I gotta try em!

Jeremiah
08-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Are hudsons wings breaded?

Also is the hot sauce a sugary type?

Just wondering for the carb intolerant people out there :D

Disoblige
08-12-2010, 10:54 PM
They are not breaded.
Err.. No it's not sugary like honey garlic. It's wet, but it's not sugary.

calgary403
08-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

ooooooh fuck yeah. If you can finish TWO wings, my hats off to you. I had 1 and a half and that I was having trouble breathing. I couldn't see straight my eyes were watering so much, same with my nose running like a mofo. :cry:

I tried these yesterday. I had two and nearly passed out. The worst part about them is the look. It looks like they don't have any seasoning on them at all so you don't realize how hot they actually are. Long story short these wings kicked my ass.

clem24
08-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Jebus you guys are crazy.. I actually want to enjoy what I eat - not feel like I going to die or get sick from it.

My favorite hot wings are currently the "Burning Hot" buffalo wings from Pizza Hut Wing Street. Not cheap ($8 for 10) but they are freakin' good. They are very hot, which is very strange coming from a restaurant that caters to kids and wussies. For me, they are just hot enough that the 8th or 9th one starts to get painful, but not so effing hot that they aren't enjoyable anymore or make you sick afterward. Try them!

Pollywog
08-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Jebus you guys are crazy.. I actually want to enjoy what I eat - not feel like I going to die or get sick from it.

My favorite hot wings are currently the "Burning Hot" buffalo wings from Pizza Hut Wing Street. Not cheap ($8 for 10) but they are freakin' good. They are very hot, which is very strange coming from a restaurant that caters to kids and wussies. For me, they are just hot enough that the 8th or 9th one starts to get painful, but not so effing hot that they aren't enjoyable anymore or make you sick afterward. Try them!

Lol, Im not trying to make you feel bad, but the Buffalo-Hot @ Pizza Hut are not even in the same ballpark as almost any of the other suggested "hot wings" above.

Dycker
08-17-2010, 10:20 AM
If you can find it, Moberly Pub just outside of Golden, BC has some pretty damn hot wings. Even sticking your face in a snowbank for a couple minutes doesn't help.

For added effect, the cook brings them out wearing welding gloves.

clem24
08-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Pollywog

Lol, Im not trying to make you feel bad, but the Buffalo-Hot @ Pizza Hut are not even in the same ballpark as almost any of the other suggested "hot wings" above.

Like I said.. I want to enjoy what I eat, not die from it. Yeah I've had way hotter than the burning hot wings, but they don't make me feel good afterward. The Pizza Hut wings are hot enough to hurt my mouth and not make me want to curl up in a ball for the next few days waiting for it to pass. The only reason why most people eat anything hotter is just to impress their friends. I don't think any of them would actually do it if they were sitting home alone.

natejj
08-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

I witnessed Sorath finish a plate of these a couple years ago. It was hilarious watching him cry.

theken
08-18-2010, 10:47 PM
K I did them tonight. They were not as hot as they are hyped up to be. My problem was that they were actually hot (temp wise). I was trying to beat the record but I could barely hold them. I did 1:56.

Disoblige
08-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by theken
K I did them tonight. They were not as hot as they are hyped up to be. My problem was that they were actually hot (temp wise). I was trying to beat the record but I could barely hold them. I did 1:56.
lol.. Ya they were still steaming weren't they.. That kinda sucked. But good time for sure!

I remember on the first day, one of the chick servers did it in 1 minute 20 seconds.. Then she ran to the washroom to barf lol.

boarderfatty
08-18-2010, 11:07 PM
I did it again today, I needed a birthday present for my dad and figured I would win him a chicken roaster. My friends and I went back there in the T-shirts we won previously but tore off the sleeves and had them covered in fake blood. They didn't want to give us new T-shirts and we had to bitch forever to get them.

Disoblige
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
2012 Update

Wednesdays at Hudsons from 8 – 10 pm starting July 25.
10 wings, 2 minute time limit.

2 minutes sounds much better. 3 minutes is somewhat too easy as I remembered I paced myself so I wouldn't burn my mouth from the actual temperature of the wings.

FixedGear
07-25-2012, 03:59 PM
There is a Buffalo Wild Wings opening by Chapters on MacLeod and Southland. I've been to US locations, and they have the hottest wings I've ever had.

dj_patm
07-25-2012, 04:06 PM
The Johnny Cash wings at Studio 82 are imo, spicier then the Hudsons wings.

It's all just ghost pepper sauce.

I don't think the time limit makes a difference. Whether I eat them in 2 minutes or 10 minutes, my mouth is fucked anyways.

clem24
07-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Word of warning: the "Industrial Strength" wings at Original Joe's are a complete dud.

josephpeter1
10-04-2012, 11:59 PM
If you are going to get wings delivered, get them from Wings Over Happy Valley.
Food is always good, they're open late, and delivery is usually pretty fast.

Adachi
10-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Disoblige, I got a bottle of "357 MAD DOG" hot sauce if you wanna try it out ;)
Hottest hot sauce I've ever had, I never really expected to cry from it.
I also have a bottle of Blair's Ultra Death sauce, but after the 357 MAD DOG shit, didn't wanna put more than 3 drops on my wings.

CompletelyNumb
11-18-2014, 03:19 PM
2014 bump.

Any new establishments in the running these days?

Swank
11-18-2014, 05:12 PM
www.nixxpub.com/ (Edm trail and 24th NW) has ghost pepper wings, they'll kick your eyes out a bit. Just started going here about 6 months ago for wing nights, they have awesome wings. Very big and filling, all are very tasty, I love the hot parmesan :drool:

BavarianBeast
11-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Speaking of wings.. Who's got a good special on tonight? I feel like eating about 40 right now.

edit: nvm, looks like I found a site that sums everything up.. http://wingsnbeer.com/calgary

riander5
11-18-2014, 05:35 PM
At the beginning of this thread someone mentioned unicorn but no one expanded on it. Holy f*ck those are hot. I had #1 /4 on their suicide list and couldnt even eat 2!!! Neither could my gf, and we love suicide wings at most places.

I challenge any of you to do their hottest wing..... Please post pics of your face 2 mins after hahaha

For me - Unicorn DEFINITELY craziest hot wings :cry: :nut:

Swank
11-19-2014, 09:31 AM
^ yup, they're brutal. I can finish a plate of the level 2's (After Burn) and still somewhat hold it together. One night I had four of the level 3's (Hell Fire) over the course of an hour and felt dizzy. I've had one of the level 4's (Satan's Candy) a couple of times, just a waste of money to order those. The radioactive lava shits you get from those are unprecedented :eek:

KO22
11-19-2014, 09:39 AM
hottest wings in calgary are at the Bull & Finch, Volcano wing's... I dare you to eat those, I've done it twice, regretted it twice. Have to sign a waiver to eat them.