PDA

View Full Version : Bringing a car to Calgary from Kelowna?

mowglee
07-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Hey Beyond,

I'm planning on bringing a car from Kelowna to Calgary and I'm trying to find some companies that transport cars and just do some shopping to find a good price. I've tried google searches but I've only found 2 companies that come from Kelowna. Has anybody done anything like this before? I'm also contemplating driving out there and throwing the car on a trailer and driving back. What do you guys think? All help is greatly appreciated and I really want this car :)

Thaco
07-21-2010, 10:11 PM
greyhound it there and drive it back.

Drsuce
07-22-2010, 12:22 AM
or a cheap westjet flight...

RecoilS14
07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Take a friend with you and drive both back.

Alak
07-22-2010, 09:40 AM
The company that delivers cars to the dealerships in kelowna run all the way from calgary. You can always arrange for your car to be on the return trip.

Dont ask me what the company is called because I dont know. The dealership would know though.

masoncgy
07-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah, for the price of a transport you could just take a one-way WJ flight out and drive it back home.

derran.m
07-22-2010, 02:06 PM
^^^
Drive it back yourself. being in the trucking industry ... that's gonna cost you AT LEAST $6-800+ to bring it here. Kelowna is bum fawk nowhere, any trucks coming back this way loaded up outta Vancouver with lumber etc and got no room to fit a vehicle, they would have to leave the coast with enough room for your car, therefore needing to make up for the lost revenue. Spend the pocket change to fly/bus it out there and drive it back. Plus, it's a great drive back from Kelowna ... gives you a good first drive in your new ride!

mowglee
07-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Forgot to mention that I can't drive it back. it needs a bit of work and its a soon-to-be classic so I don't want to rack up the km on it. I figure it will cost around 7-800 and I'm not worried about that a whole lot as long as I get the car.

Moe Man
07-22-2010, 11:45 PM
fly to kelowna then rent a uhaul and trailer. load it up and drive back to calgary leaving the uhaul here.

only way I can think of doing it.

Cooked Rice
07-22-2010, 11:52 PM
U-Haul. Probably be Just under 500 bucks when all said and done.

mowglee
07-26-2010, 11:28 PM
U-Haul is an option, but isn't there some way to throw it on the back of one of those trucks that carry cars?

thepyrofish
07-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by mowglee
U-Haul is an option, but isn't there some way to throw it on the back of one of those trucks that carry cars?

Originally posted by Alak
The company that delivers cars to the dealerships in kelowna run all the way from calgary. You can always arrange for your car to be on the return trip.

Dont ask me what the company is called because I dont know. The dealership would know though.

:dunno:

mowglee
08-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I found a company called Keywest. Right now its in their lost and as soon as they have a full truckload they will be on their way to Calgary. It should be here in about a week or two. Ill post pics when she gets here!