PDA

View Full Version : tough clutch

mynewaccord
07-22-2010, 12:00 AM
So I just bought my first manual car today. It's an accord. But from other manuals I've drive on, the clutch is tough...

by tough I mean when I push it it wants to spring back hard (tougher to push than those I've tried before).

I've read that it may be the clutch was replaced improperly? Any other diagnosis?

Thanks

Shlade
07-22-2010, 12:17 AM
Might be a stage 1 or 2 clutch in there? A buddy Mustang had the exact same thing. Clutch was softer from the beginning but he installed a Stage 1 Clutch and it was springy as fuck afterwards.

Grabbed so much harder too. I wish my Bullitt was like that.. Soft Clutches suck...

Sentry
07-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Different cars have different clutches. You'll get used to it.

toastgremlin
07-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Yeah, when I first bought my car it had an aftermarket clutch in it that had a really stiff pressure plate. Eventually I just got used to it (about 2-3 weeks).

If it persists you might want to check the hydraulic system attached to the clutch to see if there are any air bubbles in the lines. But that's pretty unlikely and you probably just have to get used to it.

HeyKai
07-23-2010, 12:34 PM
I put a lightened flywheel and stage 1 clutch in and its like I had six guys pushing back on my leg. Once you get used to it you will never want to drive a soft clutch again.

g-m
07-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by toastgremlin
Yeah, when I first bought my car it had an aftermarket clutch in it that had a really stiff pressure plate. Eventually I just got used to it (about 2-3 weeks).

If it persists you might want to check the hydraulic system attached to the clutch to see if there are any air bubbles in the lines. But that's pretty unlikely and you probably just have to get used to it. air bubbles would make it softer. So don't do that