PDA

View Full Version : 24 hours of adrenaline this weekend

98type_r
07-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Anybody here riding?

It's a little last minute I know, but I'm still looking for a decent lighting system so I don't have to borrow one. Taking recommendations if you have any.

swak
07-22-2010, 03:11 PM
My buds is looking for someone to ride with still, so if all else fails i'll be there, but even i dont know what to do for lighting, but its gonna be a sick time!!

Headlamp?

swak
07-25-2010, 07:31 PM
... i didnt end up racing, but how did it go for you, type_r??
What did you end up doing for light?

98type_r
07-26-2010, 11:09 AM
I borrowed some lights off friends I rode with last year who weren't riding it this year. It worked out well because it just worked out with the timing that I ended up doing two laps at night. I forgot how much fun it is riding in the dark.

syeve
07-26-2010, 03:29 PM
How many laps did you end up riding? i was going to enter solo, but then I was like naw, I havn't had a great year riding with injuries and slow start this spring.

I imagine it was a little hot out there?

scary_perry
07-26-2010, 03:58 PM
We should do a beyond team next year.

I'm in. But I'll be 40 by then so older and slower than most of you dudes.

swak
07-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by scary_perry
We should do a beyond team next year.

I'm in. But I'll be 40 by then so older and slower than most of you dudes.

If i dont get lured in by my race team im definitely down.

.. we could get about a 5man team i would think.

syeve
07-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm in for a team venture. My bro-in-law would be in as well and he is faster than me so he brings my cool level up.

98type_r
07-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by syeve
How many laps did you end up riding? i was going to enter solo, but then I was like naw, I havn't had a great year riding with injuries and slow start this spring.

I imagine it was a little hot out there?

I only did three laps, had to leave early Sunday morning so one of my teammates rode my 4th lap for me. All in all not bad considering I had only been on the road bike this year, first mtb ride was on Friday night scouting the course.
Riding in the heat Saturday afternoon was absolutely brutal, even in the shade of the trees it was hot. The midnight lap was absolutely ideal and so much fun.
I'm beginning to think I need a new bike though, grinding my slayer sxc uphill was not pleasant at some points. Then again I could save a few grand and lose a few pounds off my fat ass.

swak
07-26-2010, 06:29 PM
how many km/lap?

What was the winners number of laps?

98type_r
07-26-2010, 10:17 PM
It was just over 18km per lap.
Top team had 26 laps, but the craziest thing is the winning solo rider had 20 laps in 23:51 of riding time. So he literally rode for the 24 hours with no sleep.

swak
07-26-2010, 11:41 PM
HOOOLLLYYY crap man...

He was going pretty good then too, ~20kph is a damn good average for riding 24 hrs.

EDIT: just looked it up, and course was set at 16.5kms, and Cory Wallace took the 24 hrs of straight riding...

Sick guy, rides for Kona Factory Team.

Pollywog
07-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Thread title: 24 hours of adrenaline this weekend
Originally posted by 98type_r
Anybody here riding?

It's a little last minute I know, but I'm still looking for a decent lighting system so I don't have to borrow one. Taking recommendations if you have any.

Am I the only one who thought this was a coded "I need drugs" thread after reading this? Then again, I had no idea what the 24hrs of Adrenaline was..

syeve
07-27-2010, 09:35 AM
It was just over 18km per lap.
Top team had 26 laps, but the craziest thing is the winning solo rider had 20 laps in 23:51 of riding time. So he literally rode for the 24 hours with no sleep.

That is nuts, factory riders...untouchable!

I sometimes ride with a guy that won a solo endurance event a few years ago in BC...he is litterally un-tireable (not sure if that is a word). He rides so fast uphill is unreal. I am no slouch and he rides to the top, back down the trail to me and then rides up again and is fucking talking the whole time while I am dying trying to keep up.

My bro and I are in for next year, we should both be in town. Ideally we should have 6 guys, then it is still a fun event without beating the shit our of yourself. Now we just need a sweet name.

swak
07-27-2010, 11:23 AM
I think there's only 4 or 5 man teams, but some riders out there are insane for sure!

98type_r
07-27-2010, 12:13 PM
They also have a 6-10 man "corporate team"
They just call it a corporate team, but it can be anybody who registers, we did it last year with 8 people, far too many. I was just on the site and they are already sold out of the corporate team option, now it's a waiting list.
4 and 5 person teams are still available though.

scary_perry
07-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Beyond Insanity
Instabans
Price Police
Beyond CSI
The Crab Claws
The Bannerjees

scary_perry
07-27-2010, 07:17 PM
They also have a 6-10 man "corporate team"
They just call it a corporate team, but it can be anybody who registers, we did it last year with 8 people, far too many. I was just on the site and they are already sold out of the corporate team option, now it's a waiting list.
4 and 5 person teams are still available though.

Do I need an ABA license for this? I got one last year and only used it twice...

What will each dude have to pay for an entry?

98type_r
07-28-2010, 12:16 AM
They have the one day ABA license option for $10. Registration for a team is around $800, a little more for a 6-10 person team.

syeve
08-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Beyond Insanity
Instabans
Price Police
Beyond CSI
The Crab Claws
The Bannerjees

:rofl: :rofl: I am in for any of those.

I spoke with my bro-in-law and we are both in for a team next year.

Idratherbsidewayz
08-23-2010, 04:01 PM
I really wanted to do this but didn't know where to look for a team. If you guys get a Beyond.ca group together Id be in for sure.

scary_perry
08-28-2010, 09:22 AM
... there should be enough people now for at least one team. One of us will get organized when registrations start.

scary_perry
12-14-2010, 03:01 PM
I am not going to be able to coordinate this after all. Sorry guys!

swak
12-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I will be entering a team.

In addition to me, I already have a pretty blonde on the team who is single and can ride most of you guys into the ground.

Not sure if we will do 4 or 5 people on the team.

1. Perry
2. Becs

depending on whats going on that weekend... Count me in.

scary_perry
12-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by swak

depending on whats going on that weekend... Count me in.

Not good enough, you are either in or out. Sorry.

Check your calendar and let me know.

The event is sold out and I managed to weasel my way in. But I need to get back to them with a commitment soon.

And people on the team will need to pay their portion of the entry fee in advance. It works out to about $250.

Idratherbsidewayz
12-16-2010, 09:34 AM

Not good enough, you are either in or out. Sorry.

Check your calendar and let me know.

The event is sold out and I managed to weasel my way in. But I need to get back to them with a commitment soon.

And people on the team will need to pay their portion of the entry fee in advance. It works out to about $250.

Hey, I would like to participate. When do you need the money by?

bigboom
12-16-2010, 11:14 AM
if you still have space count me in for the team as well. can get money to you right away as well.

scary_perry
12-19-2010, 11:25 AM
I'll ping the organizer Monday and find out.

Our team will have its own webpage on their site (kind of neat).

We should all plan to do some rides together this spring and summer too.

Idratherbsidewayz
12-19-2010, 10:13 PM
I'll ping the organizer Monday and find out.

Our team will have its own webpage on their site (kind of neat).

We should all plan to do some rides together this spring and summer too.

Sounds good to me, pm me your email and we can keep in touch.

swak
12-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Perry, what weekend is it exactly?

Or day(s) for that matter?

I rode the 24hr trail a wackload of times last year and would definitely be stoked to race it..

scary_perry
01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I am going to have to bail out on you guys. Sorry.

I am pretty sure one of you chaps can get a team together. If you want to PM I will forward the email info for the person who was going to let me in.