PDA

View Full Version : Ambulance, Cops, Big Crowd

89coupe
07-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Just in front of Gulf beside Bankers there were all these cops, ambulances and crowd over looking someone or something. Anyone know what happened?

Kind of looked like someone fell from the parkade area or something like that.

Gainsbarre
07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Got me outside to look just now but I really didn't see anything besides a police van and the north entrance/exit to the Gulf Canada parkade being taped off with police tape.

I did see somehting odd, but it was earlier around 12:30pm. White guy (looked to be about 25-30, with a crew cut) was briskly walking out of the south exit of Scotia Centre (onto Stephen Ave), with a pair of security guards in pursuit -- he was holding something (looked like a bumper / piece of electrical/copper wiring?) in his left hand. Security guards stopped following him as he bolted down the middle of 2nd street, across 9th ave, and what looked to be towards the Gulf Canada Parkade -- made a big leap when he got across the street, but I lost sight of him at that point. Saw a couple of police at the security desk here at Scotia Centre when I went back down to the street level and figured that those two incidents are related. Not sure if this has anything to do with the Gulf Canada parkade though..

ryder_23
07-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Guy jumped and fell 30ish feet. Broke a few bones. All details I know.