PDA

View Full Version : Fire retardant workwear

wcthattan
07-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know of any discount workwear stores for FR gear in the Calgary area?
Mark's or Jobsite are not discount places in case someone clever wanted to point out the ovious stores. :poosie:

AndyL
07-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Greggs or acklands grainger.

But Nomex isn't cheap - nomatter where you get it...

derran.m
07-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by AndyL
Greggs or acklands grainger.

But Nomex isn't cheap - nomatter where you get it...

:werd:
For the trucking company I presently work for, if we absolutely require them, we actually rent them from one of the uniform companies ... Uni1st and the such. But I guess it depends what you need them for. In our case it's only a 1-time use to get to a site, then we don't need em for another 4-6 months.

ercchry
07-23-2010, 08:30 AM
does your employer not have a discount card for you for mark's or anything?

ExtraSlow
07-23-2010, 08:39 AM
I've never seen this stuff on sale anywhere. It's an exotic fibre, and it's tested to rigorous standards, pretty easy to understand why it's so expensive.

As a long shot, you could comb through the racks at Value village, or the sally ann.

I'm lucky, work pays me back for all that gear, and since I'm an enginer, my stuff stays shiny clean for years. The only thing that wears out is boots and gloves.

Jay911
07-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Just think for a minute about wanting to get the "cheap" safety wear.

Now go to Mark's.

Supa Dexta
07-23-2010, 10:42 AM
I just googled it and its says there is an ''army and navy'' store in calgary.. I've only been to the one in edmonton, but it had a section of work wear, and it was brand name stuff.. Try checking it out.

syritis
07-23-2010, 11:59 PM
theirs a mark's and a work authorities in the deerfoot outlet mall, their a little cheaper but limited selection.

colinderksen
07-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Buy it online, can get better deals. No where in Calgary offers anything cheaper than $80 FR shirts.
Look for Bulwark online. Can find some places that offer good deals on it.