PDA

View Full Version : Costco night stocker.

GTi-RS
07-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Anyone here work at cost stocking product at night?

I'm looking for a way to make a few extra $$$.

broken_legs
07-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Fixed.

Costco night stalker

Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker
http://www.sfsheriff.com/inmates/images/21RichardRam.jpg
Richard Ramirez (center) with San Francisco attorneys
Randall Martin (right) and Daro Inouye (left)

The Night Stalker, Richard Ramirez, was convicted of murdering 14 people in Los Angeles County and given the death penalty on each count. He is also charged with one murder in San Francisco and was held in the San Francisco County Jail for several years beginning in 1990 before the San Francisco case was placed in suspension pending the outcome of Ramirez’s appeals in his Los Angeles cases

kamakurakid
07-23-2010, 12:44 AM
^^ he he.

JordanAndrew
07-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by GTi-RS
Anyone here work at cost stocking product at night?

I'm looking for a way to make a few extra $$$.

It's not worth the money unless you don't have any other choice and you desperately need the cash. Otherwise stay away from any night stocking job.

Awd-Tsi
07-23-2010, 01:25 AM
True that, it's one of those jobs that after an hour you wanna die

Mazstyle
07-23-2010, 09:23 AM
I agree, I've had to go into many Costco's to set up a roadshow and train people.

EVERYONE who works there hates their lives. For a simple and mundane job it's pretty stressful. Trucks keep coming in, and you've gotta get that product on the floor before opening ASAP.

GTi-RS
07-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the heads-up.

Sounds like I'm too old for that... :)

dj_rice
07-23-2010, 10:26 AM
I've worked at Costco before as early morning stocker and it was HORRIBLE, my shift was 4:30am-1pm, so I was up at 3:30am, and my sleeping schedule was all messed so I would go out with friends from clubs til 2 and go to work after.

derran.m
07-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Never did it with Costco, did it with Westfair Foods though ... shipping/receiving, 3am to noon.
I quite enjoyed it ... yes my sleeping schedule was royally fawked, but I made it work ... I'd get up @ 2am and go to work, come home @ noon and nap for 4-5 hrs, then eat supper and go chill and party with the friends, then get another brief nap from 11/12-2, then back to work ... 9 times outta 10 still half cut LOL ... makes for a real long day when you're sobering up while stocking shelves lmao
Otherwise I kinda liked it ... got my work done real early in the day and had the est of the day to sleep and chill.

dj_rice
07-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by derran.m
Never did it with Costco, did it with Westfair Foods though ... shipping/receiving, 3am to noon.
I quite enjoyed it ... yes my sleeping schedule was royally fawked, but I made it work ... I'd get up @ 2am and go to work, come home @ noon and nap for 4-5 hrs, then eat supper and go chill and party with the friends, then get another brief nap from 11/12-2, then back to work ... 9 times outta 10 still half cut LOL ... makes for a real long day when you're sobering up while stocking shelves lmao
Otherwise I kinda liked it ... got my work done real early in the day and had the est of the day to sleep and chill.

:werd: Exactly like me, I did it for 2 months and couldn't handle it and quit. I'd always be super tired when I did go out with friends.

6series
07-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Judging by the morale and attitudes of their day staff, the night gig would be crap.

Awd-Tsi
07-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Anything where you do the same thing over and over, you will begin to hate your life while at work and it becomes depressing, over time this begins to affect your life out of work and it's just not worth it at all.

Even when you get out of work all you can think about is how you are going to go back and do the EXACT same thing for 8 hours the next day.

I know from experience working at a production factory for a few weeks, it was horrible, just did this till I could find another job. After I started the new job I was INSTANTLY happier in and out of work.

Hope this helps

FraserB
07-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Look at it this way, my job until Im done school is kinda like this.

I have a calender that Im crossing off days until grad on.

I graduate in April.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
07-24-2010, 05:00 PM
You guys are confusing the night guys with the morning guys at Costco. The REAL night shift at costco runs from 315 PM to 1145PM.
The morning shift is 5 AM to 130 PM.
The night guys at costco basically do what the morning guys do, but with a much smaller team. While the store is open they're responsible for making sure produce and the freezer keep stocked out. That's about all that ever runs out anyway.
It's not really to bad actually.

911fever
07-25-2010, 09:29 PM
sucky job. Friend did it, he stayed with it for 3 months and almost drank himself into a coma on weekends. Don't do it.