PDA

View Full Version : Help needed: hit and run

Cos
07-24-2010, 04:26 PM
I need anyones help who may have seen a hit and run. The wife and I were at cravings restaurant just south east of chinook for my grand parents anniversary.

When we came out around noon I didn't really notice anything. Our helmets were hanging on the bikes and I noticed that my helmet was crushed. As we looked more at both my bike and the wifes was damaged but the damage was higher than a normal vehicle could inflict. The restaurant also caters and uses those white cube vans. I went and spoke to them but they obviously denied it. I think a cube van driver or jacked up work truck hit it. There was no paint transfer so I am going to guess it was the ramp of a van or a hitch of a work truck or something.

If anyone saw anything please let me know as I am SOL otherwise.

Cheers

diamondedge
07-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Cos, I know you're pretty astute for these things, you didn't see any cameras facing the restuarant, from other buildings?

GL in catchin the perps.

Cos
07-24-2010, 11:20 PM
No it is pretty industrial around there. I asked if the restaurant did, they said no, but I have a feeling that even if they did I wouldn't see it.

Thanks for the the thought tho

Cos
07-28-2010, 10:44 PM
TTT just in case anyone saw anything

PulsePro
07-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Do you think it was caused by a trailer? I saw a douchebag driver with a sask plate driving like an asshole near chinook area with a black dodge ram 3500 with a pretty damaged trailer which was made out of metal so no paint

EDIT:This was around 11am on the 24th when I was heading over to the Land Rover dealership

Cos
07-29-2010, 07:38 AM
^^ could very well have been. sure would fit the damage. never could make it stick tho

Zhariak
07-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Blah, why do people do these hit-n-runs.

They need to be punishable by DEATH!

Like really CMON!!!!

Disoblige
07-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Sorry to hear Cos.

They should invent license plates with little chips in them, so whenever the car in hit for example, it searches for nearby vehicles up to 2-3 car lengths let's say.. and records the license plate numbers.

Or something around that idea. Won't be happening anytime soon but I'll think of a cheap implementation of it someday..

Zhariak
08-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Sorry to hear Cos.

They should invent license plates with little chips in them, so whenever the car in hit for example, it searches for nearby vehicles up to 2-3 car lengths let's say.. and records the license plate numbers.

Or something around that idea. Won't be happening anytime soon but I'll think of a cheap implementation of it someday..

No kidden eh!

There could be soo many technologies like this that would help people out, but unfortunately everyone cries about privacy :(