PDA

View Full Version : Almost lost it all...

ninspeed
12-19-2003, 01:29 AM
well, 10:15 and i am watching CSI getting ready to go to bed.. then the fire alarm starts ringing... i knew that it was not good... i raan out in to the hall and started baning on all the doors to get everybody out... i grabed the fire extingusiher and went downstairs and checked the utilty room and got the other tenndts out and noticed smoke comming from one door.. i stared kicking down the door and when it opend i yelled for everybody to get out.. nobody was home.. i could not see fire.. so i ran out side, and broke inthe bedroom windwon and yelled again.. still could not see fire... just black smoke.... then i went to the back widnow where the kitchen would be and saw flames, i broke in the window and knocked down the flames.. just as the FD showed up its started up again. Unnfortunaly one person passed away, but was not cuased due to the fire... she lived in the furthes appt away from the flames, but was diabetic and lived like a pig..
The fire was cuased buy a candel left unattened... When it burns down the vapours will actually cuase a flash fire with in the wax...

I can only urge two things from this A) Please DO NOT leave candels unattended B) make sure you have insurance on your home... i do not.. but was lucky that nothing is bad in my home other than some smoke dammage.. but you know ill be calling tomorrow....

fast_cars
12-19-2003, 01:31 AM
damn!! thats harsh!!
sorry to hear about that harsh!!
and yea thats some good advice write there!

Redlyne_mr2
12-19-2003, 01:31 AM
Oh man thats crazy...good to hear youre ok though...are you posting from home right now?

GTS Jeff
12-19-2003, 01:35 AM
whoa, u are a crazy fucker, rob!! good job on the fire rescue man, geez, just for that u are getting beer from me :thumbsup:

props homie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ninspeed
12-19-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Oh man thats crazy...good to hear youre ok though...are you posting from home right now?
Ya i just got let back in... its not bad in here... ill probally sleep in the ford tonight

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
whoa, u are a crazy fucker, rob!! good job on the fire rescue man, geez, just for that u are getting beer from me :thumbsup:

props homie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ya man

gpomp
12-19-2003, 01:52 AM
Dude that's crazy! Glad you're alright and I also owe you a drink!!!

James
12-19-2003, 01:59 AM
Shit man, good job, could have been alot worse if you hadnt acted so quickly!

nismodrifter
12-19-2003, 02:04 AM
holy shit, nice work man..you own3d that fire:thumbsup:

Melinda
12-19-2003, 02:16 AM
Good job Rob, way to think with your head...Sad to hear about your neighbor though :(

ninspeed
12-19-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
Good job Rob, way to think with your head...Sad to hear about your neighbor though :(
Just found out she passed away at least 24 hrs ago.. she was a diabetic who had really bad stokes and stuff... but she did not want help... she was only 30 something

Melinda
12-19-2003, 02:19 AM
That's very sad :( although the fire could have been a blessing in disguise for her to be found at the right time before it went too long un noticed

ninspeed
12-19-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
That's very sad :( although the fire could have been a blessing in disguise for her to be found at the right time before it went too long un noticed
you know how funny it can smell in my hallways sometimes.... it would have been quite awhile... well i am about to pass out here... to tired

Melinda
12-19-2003, 02:25 AM
Yeah but its your next door neighbor that makes it smell so bad...that would have been a totally different smell :barf:

Fluidic
12-19-2003, 07:03 AM
I wondered what all the commotion and sirens were about. Glad it wasn't more serious then it already was. Glad you, or someone you were friends with, wasn't hurt in this accident.

Hope everything gets back on track -- happy holidays. :)

/////AMG
12-19-2003, 08:42 AM
Good ot hear youre ok, fast action to, good job,

Melinda
12-19-2003, 09:44 AM
Rob was on the news this morning, good job :)

rage2
12-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Yea, I heard about it on the radio on the way to work.

rc2002
12-19-2003, 10:05 AM
I didn't know house insurance was optional... I always thought it was mandatory like with cars.

I'm glad you made it out OK and that the damage wasn't too extensive. It could've been a LOT worse if you didn't act fast.

rage2
12-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Home insurance is optional unless you have a mortgage. Just like comprehensive auto insurance is optional, unless you have a loan from the bank for the car.

Mandatory auto insurance is the 3rd party coverage, intended to cover others if u hit them. There's no 3rd party coverage for a house, cuz you can't really hit ppl with your house :).

00redLUDE
12-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Home insurance is optional unless you have a mortgage. Just like comprehensive auto insurance is optional, unless you have a loan from the bank for the car.

Are you sure? When I got my mortgage for my condo they never asked for home owner insurance. I moved into my condo for a few months before I even looked into it. The lawyer (jerk off) that did my condo said he didn't even recommend it to his clients?! Also, when I got my mortgage she asked if I wanted life insurance for the mortagage and I said no and that was fine as well, go figure.

When I was first reading the thread I thought 'is this guy making this up?' Holy sh*t, unbelievable. Good that you not hurt.

:thumbsup:

SinisterProbeGt
12-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Our own fleet of hero's on Beyond.ca good job trying to save those ppl and taking time to help not many ppl would do that so coutos to you.

EK 2.0
12-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Good Job man...Props to you...Glad to know you and your stuff is ok...still sad to hear about that other lady...

syeve
12-19-2003, 11:44 AM
I heard about it on the radio this morning also...Good job, we need more people like you who are not ONLY concerned with their own neck

Steve

Ajay
12-19-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 00redLUDE

Are you sure? When I got my mortgage for my condo they never asked for home owner insurance. I moved into my condo for a few months before I even looked into it. The lawyer (jerk off) that did my condo said he didn't even recommend it to his clients?! Also, when I got my mortgage she asked if I wanted life insurance for the mortagage and I said no and that was fine as well, go figure.

When I was first reading the thread I thought 'is this guy making this up?' Holy sh*t, unbelievable. Good that you not hurt.

Usually if you owe the bank money they'll want you to have some kind of insurance to ensure that if something does happen they'll be paid back whatever you owe. The life insurance thing is offered on pretty much every single type of loan. They offered it to me on my car loan...basically saying that if any of the loan takers die during the duration of the loan they simply wipe out the debt. It's kinda like selling an extended warranty for the bank....you spend a little extra per month to have this life insurance thing on your loan/mortgage but if anything happens you're all taken care of in terms of debt load. I didn't do it on my car loan but I probably would get it on a mortgage.

But it is a really good thing ninspeed didn't get hurt...could have been alot worse.