PDA

View Full Version : Boxing - Terrible dive

heinz256
07-25-2010, 09:33 PM
5qqtYErML_M

mushi_mushi
07-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Some of these guys would benefit from some acting lessons. That seemed pretty bad, in the replay it shows the guy got grazed by a very weak jab. I wonder how much he got paid to take the dive, why not just put a glove down and let the guy at least take a crack at your chin. I had trouble understanding the dudes post fight interview.

The trouble with boxing these days is there is less and less top talent. There is usually a big gap bet the number 1 guy and the rest of the pack. And if for some reason there are more than one champion they refuse to fight each other. Its been a while since I was excited about a boxing match.

extm88
07-25-2010, 10:11 PM
i wanna see briggs post fight interview!!!

revelations
07-25-2010, 10:22 PM
people still watch boxing?

Kavy
07-25-2010, 10:41 PM
If im correct Brigg and Green train together and are friends, However I could be wrong

It definitely looked like Green was not happy about Briggs going down.

UndrgroundRider
07-25-2010, 11:18 PM
It's not a dive. He was unfit to fight. If you watch the angles that show it clearly, there was a solid hit to the forehead.

qQpoPzd5Bcs

He retired TWICE based on recommendations from his trainer and doctors. Both times due to problems related to his nervous system. In fact, the sports authority that controls boxing in Sydney refused to host the match because they thought Briggs was unfit to fight. As a result the match was moved to Perth.

Briggs is an experienced boxer. If he really was going to take a dive, he'd have no trouble taking a few hits first to make it look legit. I think this just looks bad, but was really the result of being medically unfit.

dandia89
07-26-2010, 12:23 AM
did i just watch a WWE fight? what was that at the end

beyond_ban
07-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Hahaha @ the interview at the end.