PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti Inspection Q

msommers
07-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Looking at getting a car inspected, wondering if I should just get it taken to Hyatt or if there is another shop is town anyone would recommend over them.

2EFNFAST
07-26-2010, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't go anywhere near Hyatt after all the horrible dealings I had with them.

Me/my dad have always used Mr. Volvo for everything automotive that we didn't do ourselves

http://www.mrvolvoplus.com/

msommers
07-26-2010, 11:44 AM
How familiar is he going to be with Infinitis though? What happened at Hyatt? And which one?

2EFNFAST
07-26-2010, 12:39 PM
There's only 1 Hyatt Infiniti........

they worked on my g35 - installed severals mods and service. over the years.

Khalil.e
07-26-2010, 12:58 PM
What car?

Take it to Brasso Nissan..

msommers
07-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
There's only 1 Hyatt Infiniti........

they worked on my g35 - installed severals mods and service. over the years.

My mistake. I googled Hyatt and two locations came up. The initial reviews just from google map are horrendeous!

Originally posted by Khalil.e
What car?

Take it to Brasso Nissan..

G35. I was wondering about Brasso, rather hoping they'd fill the void instead of Hyatt.

dj_rice
07-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Just take it to any Nissan dealer you like, G35 same as 350z.

SCHIDER23
07-26-2010, 05:27 PM
I believe the service manager was replaced last year, I been dealing with them since winter of 09 and have had good service so far, hell they have done alot of work for me and no complaints, they just replaced my front braking system under warranty no questions asked, and the Manager Ken is a pretty good guy to deal with, but maybe I got lucky, I also only deal with the same Service represemtative, so that probably helps.:dunno:

hippak
07-26-2010, 05:33 PM
I've also got nothing but good things to say about Hyatt.

They've done a few warranty related items on my FX and were very helpful.

msommers
08-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Figured I should follow up with this since I did get the car (and now my car!) inspected there.

Everything went silky smooth. Service was great and people I spoke with were polite and friendly. Warranty transfer was a breeze and the mechanic even talked to me on the phone after one of the girls had faxed me the inspection report.

The car needed a few usual maintenance things: air and cabin filters, oil change, etc. To my surprise, Hyatt was cheaper than Brasso for parts; no idea on labour as I didn't bother asking. Only by a few dollars on each item, but fuck I was expecting some ridiculous premium from Hyatt just because of the brand.

I guess we'll see how they really are if I ever need to use the warranty for something major, but for now I am happy with them.