PDA

View Full Version : **Microsoft steals from it's customers, keep track of your Xbox memberships**

Redlyne_mr2
07-26-2010, 10:42 AM
So I buy 3 month Xbox live memberships in the winter because in the summer I don't use my Xbox at all. Anyways it looks like they put you on a repeat billing cycle where they effectively bill your credit card automatically. There cancellation policy for memberships of this time frame is a month so by the time I get the bill it's to late to cancel. I've disputed this with Xbox and they are unwilling to do anything. It's only $30 but as with anything it's all about principal. I know there isn't much that can be done at this point but just wanted to give people a heads up.

adam c
07-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
So I buy 3 month Xbox live memberships in the winter because in the summer I don't use my Xbox at all. Anyways it looks like they put you on a repeat billing cycle where they effectively bill your credit card automatically. There cancellation policy for memberships of this time frame is a month so by the time I get the bill it's to late to cancel. I've disputed this with Xbox and they are unwilling to do anything. It's only $30 but as with anything it's all about principal. I know there isn't much that can be done at this point but just wanted to give people a heads up.

yes it's quite gay, i had the same thing happen to me, dumbest thing is they keep saying you can cancel your account online but in fact you have to call them and listen to some fob asking you dumb questions

Cos
07-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah I had to cancel my card renewal. I go and buy the memberships at EB or Futureshop now when I want them. That way they dont get a lot of credit info from me.

Good luck, it was a bitch for me to get them to take my card off auto renewal. I never did get the charges reversed.

Phenix
07-26-2010, 10:54 AM
just take your credit card off of the account and use the cards at the stores. thats what i do now

heavyD
07-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Sirius does this as well and just cancelling is a nightmare. I kept telling them I sold the car an no longer require the service on that car and they kept asking what they could do to keep my business, putting me on hold, transferring me, etc.

wtf im nameless
07-26-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm not too sure how you can consider that theft... It states that it will auto renew when time runs out unless you cancel it. Many monthly subscription plans work the same way.