PDA

View Full Version : Help with alarm!

Idratherbsidewayz
07-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Hey guys,

Recently my car alarm has been going wild for no apparent reason. I unlock the car and 5 seconds later it starts to blare then no matter what I do it won't shut off. Every time I have to disconnect the battery so the horns shut off.

Sometimes it will do it when I lock the car. Right now I can't seem to get rid of it, I've unhooked my horns, and my car won't start. I've tried pushing all the buttons, manually turning the alarm off via key in ignition (from owners manual), and the only way to do it is to disconnect the battery.

It's really intermittent so thats wierd for me. Last night it armed fine, but two nights ago it went haywire. Today at work it fucked up again, but later on at night it was fine. It's fucked now. WTF!!

Has anybody seen anything like this with factory alarms?

revelations
07-27-2010, 12:18 AM
I'd say that its unusual for an OEM (aftermarket... who knwos). Check a WRX forum to see if this is more common.

Idratherbsidewayz
07-27-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by revelations
I'd say that its unusual for an OEM (aftermarket... who knwos). Check a WRX forum to see if this is more common.

My guess is that the unit is on the fritz. I pulled/checked every fuse a while back and maybe that fucked something up.

arian_ma
07-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Is there a common link between times when it does this? Sounds electrical so first thing I think about is a short -> water. Does it happen when it rains?

Idratherbsidewayz
07-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Is there a common link between times when it does this? Sounds electrical so first thing I think about is a short -> water. Does it happen when it rains?

That's the thing. It's completely random. The relay clicks when it goes off are inconsistent too. The alarm light has no repeating pattern and goes off short and long randomly. Other times its a really quick light every 3/4 second or so.

arian_ma
07-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Love them intermittent problems, especially of the electrical kind. They're the best :thumbsdow

Good luck anyway man