PDA

View Full Version : looking for tips buying a vehicle in another province. BC-AB JDM?

VeilOctane
07-27-2010, 09:43 AM
so i am interested in traveling to another province to bring back a 1990-1995 HDJ81 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited Turbo Diesel with 3-way diff-locks.

now i am looking for tips i am considering of buying a vehicle in BC and bringing it back to Calgary.. probably flying out there or driving out with a friend and driving the truck back.

any tips out there what to do since i cannot test-drive ahead of time?

How to do a lien check on a vehicle from another province?

and what to do with insurance/plates and out of province inspections???

what are the steps you would take if you were to buy a vehicle in another province to bring back home to Calgary?

ercchry
07-27-2010, 09:48 AM
find 3 or 4 trucks in an area you want... test/inspect them... then pick your favorite

get an in transit pass

i would think you would check for liens the same you would out here? :dunno:

once you get back, book a oop inspection, pass that then continue like normal with any other car.

bjstare
07-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Careful though, you can't get an in-transit permit from ICBC without a BC drivers license IIRC. Kinda ridiculous, I know. Just something you'll have to work around.

rage2
07-27-2010, 10:09 AM
You can get an in-transit permit from Alberta and use that.

bjstare
07-27-2010, 10:11 AM
^Yeah, but can he do that by fax or something? Cause by errchry's logic, he won't own a car before he leaves AB... and he can't register/insure what he doesn't own...:dunno:

VeilOctane
07-27-2010, 10:45 AM
can lien checks be done from AB?