PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a nice inner city apartment style condo?

89coupe
07-27-2010, 10:41 AM
If you know anyone interested in buying an inner city apartment style condo in the Bridgeland area have a look at my listing.

Listed on One Percent Realty at the moment.

Go here.
http://www.onepercentrealty.com/listingdetails.cfm?lid=29348&pfuse=mapsearch&start=1

Also listed on Facebook.
Go here.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=805840592#!/album.php?aid=10710&id=813815385&ref=mf

Also added to Kijiji
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-housing-housing-for-sale-Apartmant-style-Condo-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ220066896

MLS
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=9780179&PidKey=1784456796

Its priced to sell!

msouther
07-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Not sure how long this thread will last, but from my research your place seems to be priced high. One sold a little while back for $280,000 which was similar in sf, but on the first floor. Also, your realtor has the place listed on MLS as a 1 BR but in the listing it says 2 BR + den. Lastly, it wouldn't matter to me, but other realtors could show unit # 101 to their clients as well and make 3.5/1.5 or they could sell your property for $3000 flat rate. Best of luck to you!

89coupe
07-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by msouther
Not sure how long this thread will last, but from my research your place seems to be priced high. One sold a little while back for $280,000 which was similar in sf, but on the first floor. Also, your realtor has the place listed on MLS as a 1 BR but in the listing it says 2 BR + den. Lastly, it wouldn't matter to me, but other realtors could show unit # 101 to their clients as well and make 3.5/1.5 or they could sell your property for $3000 flat rate. Best of luck to you!

The one that sold was by someone trying to flip and got caught in the downturn and was forced to sell.

Whats sold and what is available are two different things, anyone with a brain will figure that out.

She's fixing the MLS listing. It should be two bedroom two bathrooms.

Realtors are so funny when it comes to looking at sold vs whats for sale.

You can't buy something that is already sold.

Have a loook at the other two listings that are available in my building and tell me I'm listed too high...LOL

msouther
07-27-2010, 04:28 PM
At 716 - 5 Street NE I only see two listings for sale, yours and unit #101 which is listed for $319,900. Am I missing something?

I am not sure realtors are funny at all as Sold properties are the best proof of what a property is worth. This is what buyers will pay for a property and they don't care when you bought, why you bought, whether you were flipping or what have you. The buyers agent will also look at the same data and use Solds as the best comparables. If there aren't recent ones, then Expired and Active listings will be used to compare.

List prices don't mean much because I see a lot of inventory out there right now where people bought in 06, 07 when the market was at its peak. They are now trying to sell, but due to lack of equity they have to get a certain amount to break even. These listings do not reflect current market conditions and buyers agents will know this and they will sit on the market. If you do price your place properly, these overpriced listings should help sell yours because the buyers and their agents will realize that you are realistic and negotiations will be much smoother in this scenario.

As I said, ethical realtors like me don't care about the commission being offered. We find the best property for our client, make them happy and this is much more fruitful than worrying about a quick buck. With that said, in this marketplace listing agents are offering over 3.5/1.5 to buyers agents to help motivate the buyers agents who are only concerned about the money.

89coupe
07-27-2010, 04:38 PM
You can blab about what's sold all u want, bottom line is that it's sold . If someone wants a property they like they will look what is available and go from there, period. There is nothing ethical about the charges realtors try and get lol. It's highway robbery considering any Joe blow can do it.

Most smart people these days do the research themselves and then contact the realtor selling. I don't see the point of hiring a realtor to find a place for you in these modern times.

msouther
07-27-2010, 04:46 PM
No offense to all photographers, but you don't need any training to call yourself one either. I am not getting into a pissing match with you as I have better things to do. I just noticed your thread Private Sale a few weeks back and made a note to watch for you starting a thread for your place.

Hopefully you sell it for what you want, but if I had a buyer client looking at your home or any home for that matter, I will be looking at the Solds, then the Expired and Active listings to formulate an opinion of market value. When I do that for yours, I feel that it is overpriced. You might find someone who falls in love with it and pay close to your list price, but I educate my clients to market their property to the mass instead of the needle in a hay stack client.

Best wishes because I don't believe in luck!

89coupe
07-27-2010, 04:52 PM
You are right that's why I bought my own equipment and take my own photographs. Bottom line is there isn't much out there in my area so quite confident it's priced fair.

cmyden
07-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Realtors are so funny when it comes to looking at sold vs whats for sale.

You can't buy something that is already sold.

Have a loook at the other two listings that are available in my building and tell me I'm listed too high...LOL

I would think data on what *has* sold would be useful as well as using current listing data. Basically, the more, the better.

Of course you would want to use the most recently sold properties that are comparable to yours.

But in terms of what *is* on the market, take C3435074 for example. It's been on the market for 31 days. Bridgeland @ $282/sq ft.

Or C3433119, 43 days

Or C3431150, similarly priced, 1100 sq ft, townhouse, sitting for 54 days.

This tells us that these properties likely won't sell at this price, but what price will they sell at? Recent sold price data from the Bridgeland area could prove useful.

In a market where condo sales for July are on pace to be 12% lower than June, which were 14% lower than May, which were 20% lower than April, you might want to have good info on what has sold (and pricing accordingly, in front of your competition) rather than just going through a series of lock-step price adjustments and re-listings with your competition in a downward death spiral.

89coupe
07-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Watch the market carefully gas prices will be jumping here soon Which will create a boom in this city. I'm not worried lol