PDA

View Full Version : WTF Courtesy Chrysler

Unknown303
07-27-2010, 04:14 PM
So I buy a 07 Rubicon from Courtesy Chrysler. I go over this thing in detail, inside and out I look over every inch of this thing. I'm even crawling around looking at the underside. I find a few missing items and the sales person assures me that they will be installed before I pick it up.

I show up to pick it up and suprise!! It's missing a few things.

I make a service appointment to get things put back on as it was missing the soft top and they for some reason wanted to install it themselves to make sure it fit :nut:. They also had to replace one of those little rubber bumpers on the hood for the windshield. Both these things I could have easily done myself but they insisted that they take care of it as they should have noticed it before. Thinking that's a nice gesture I think "Why not" :dunno:

When I pick up the Jeep they bring it out front for me and I don't really pay much attention and hop in and drive away.

It sits in my parkade at home for a few days and then I head out to BC for the weekend. When I left in the morning I was pretty damn tired and threw all my crap in the back and close the tailgate, which has a little trouble closing but in the poor lighting in the parkade I brush it off and head out. Driving down the highway I notice my tire is wobbling around a little in my rear view mirror. I pull over and upon further inspection the tailgate is fucked. It looks like someone backed into the Jeep or they backed the Jeep into something. The whole tailgate is bent out and pops open when you push the button on it, the paints crumpled in a few places and the whole spare tire holder was snapped apart. I'm glad my tire didn't fall off on the highway.

Now sure this could happen anywhere, but in the time that this happened my Jeep was never parked in any public area and my parkade showed no signs of a hit as there was what appears to be busted tail light stuck in the bead of the spare tire.

The service manager then tells me that they can't be responsible for what happens at their shop. But in more words obviously.

So in summary I get this installed;
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/Unknown303/JK/IMG_6082.png

And I get this as an awesome welcome to Courtesy Chrysler bonus.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/Unknown303/JK/IMG_6083.png
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/Unknown303/JK/IMG_6085.png
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/Unknown303/JK/IMG_6089.png

FraserB
07-27-2010, 04:16 PM

ercchry
07-27-2010, 04:22 PM
wow, how did you not notice that?! fucking dealers i tell ya... i got threatened with them voiding my warranty because i had a dent in their shit-tastic tranny cross member that is stamped sheet metal with no skid plate :nut: ...oh and a $220 bill for the 'tec's time" for things that should not be wrong with a 4 month old rubicon that is BUILT for offroading

Unknown303
07-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
wow, how did you not notice that?! fucking dealers i tell ya... i got threatened with them voiding my warranty because i had a dent in their shit-tastic tranny cross member that is stamped sheet metal with no skid plate :nut: ...oh and a $220 bill for the 'tec's time" for things that should not be wrong with a 4 month old rubicon that is BUILT for offroading

With the tire on it's almost impossible to see. It wasn't until the tire almost fell off that it became quite apparent.

FraserB
07-27-2010, 04:26 PM

bourge73
07-27-2010, 04:27 PM
thats very shadey but I too wondering how you couldnt notice that (pretty noticeable) before buying? guess you didnt look at the back before you bought it? However they should have disclosed something like that to you no? I mean its only a few years old and has some $$$ damage on it. Was it really cheap? best of luck though, Im not at all slamming you at all, guess it was overlooked?

Kloubek
07-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
The service manager then tells me that they can be responsible for what happens at their shop. But in more words obviously.

I'm assuming you meant that he said they CAN'T be responsible for what happens at their shop?

If so, that's total BS.

Regardless, fight them on this. Work your way up. Ask to speak to manager's managers, etc. Eventually, it will be replaced.

ercchry
Originally posted by Unknown303

With the tire on it's almost impossible to see. It wasn't until the tire almost fell off that it became quite apparent.

is the gate popped in those pics?

but from experience... you should invest in this piece... $2000 for the dealer to replace the stock cross member... fuuuck that

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Poly-Performance-Jeep-JK-Skid-Plate-Transmission-p-16850.html

Unknown303
Oh I did look over it when I bought it. I poured over this thing. It was in perfect shape when I "bought it" I had it for less than a week before it went back to their service department to have the soft top installed. So original inspection was perfect. few days later and 10 hours at the dealership, not perfect.

Originally posted by ercchry

is the gate popped in those pics?

but from experience... you should invest in this piece... $2000 for the dealer to replace the stock cross member... fuuuck that

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Poly-Performance-Jeep-JK-Skid-Plate-Transmission-p-16850.html

The gate is popped but that's also how far out it springs open. It's noticeably bent.

Zero102
07-27-2010, 04:31 PM
I took my 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited to them twice:
1) I had a flat tire, I took it to them so that they wouldn't damage the rims removing/installing it to fix it. Upon return there was a big grease stain in my white headliner, but I picked it up after they closed so I had to wait to come back. They were quite rude in resolving the issue
2) I had a problem with the car pulling to one side. It had 30,000km on it and was 14 months old. I asked them if they would look at it, they said no problem. When I dropped it off they were rude and told me that they doubt it is anything under warranty, I need to learn to drive a car with big tires and if they don't find anything wrong I _WILL_ be billed for shop time. I dropped it off anyways and they told me there was a problem with the subframe bolts and that they corrected it. On the drive home it was apparent the issue was still there. On the second visit they told me that really they didn't notice any problems at all with how it handled and it must be in my head, but if I want them to look at it again they will bill me the diagnostic fee UP FRONT, then waive it if they find something wrong.

Between these asshats and the guys at Crowfoot Chrysler (who left many bolts off my car, left tools behind and scratched lots of paint off under the hood) I decided I'd had enough and voted with my wallet. I traded in my 300 towards another brand. :thumbsdow

Unknown303
07-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
I took my 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited to them twice:
1) I had a flat tire, I took it to them so that they wouldn't damage the rims removing/installing it to fix it. Upon return there was a big grease stain in my white headliner, but I picked it up after they closed so I had to wait to come back. They were quite rude in resolving the issue
2) I had a problem with the car pulling to one side. It had 30,000km on it and was 14 months old. I asked them if they would look at it, they said no problem. When I dropped it off they were rude and told me that they doubt it is anything under warranty, I need to learn to drive a car with big tires and if they don't find anything wrong I _WILL_ be billed for shop time. I dropped it off anyways and they told me there was a problem with the subframe bolts and that they corrected it. On the drive home it was apparent the issue was still there. On the second visit they told me that really they didn't notice any problems at all with how it handled and it must be in my head, but if I want them to look at it again they will bill me the diagnostic fee UP FRONT, then waive it if they find something wrong.

Between these asshats and the guys at Crowfoot Chrysler (who left many bolts off my car, left tools behind and scratched lots of paint off under the hood) I decided I'd had enough and voted with my wallet. I traded in my 300 towards another brand. :thumbsdow

Thats brutal. And whats also brutal is that the fiance's Jeep was from the Crowfoot Dodge and they always tried to over charge her for everything so I always had to pick it up to bitch them out about charging for warranty work. It's starting to sound like a Chrysler problem...

bourge73
07-27-2010, 04:50 PM
I can see that it, something that you wouldnt even really notice until the tire was off I suppose. I probably would have missed it too after thinking about it. They do have a nasty reputation in Calgary that's forsure....

Phenix
07-27-2010, 05:25 PM
I bet you one of the ass lot attendants hit the thing and just didn't give a shit to tell anyone.

Unknown303
07-27-2010, 05:33 PM
The one lot guy was old as dirt and was complaining about how hard it was to drive the tall trucks....:banghead: :banghead:

FraserB
07-27-2010, 05:36 PM

ercchry
07-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
Did you sign a paper releasing the Jeep when you picked it up?

see the beauty of that is they get you to sign BEFORE they will hand over your keys... or bring the truck around... crafty little buggers....

Unknown303
07-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Did you sign a paper releasing the Jeep when you picked it up?

I suppose I did. But don't you sign that the work completed is accurate? so then they release the vehicle. And like ercchry said it's not like they even bring the vehicle out until after you've signed/paid normally. At the places I've been anyways, which have always been shady Chrysler dealerships apparently. :banghead:

I'll have to see what happens over the next day here. The fiance and I were even looking at getting a 4 door shortly here and I was testing out Courtesy Chrysler to see if they were any better than Crowfoot. Depending on this outcome we'll probably be trying to find another place to get it from.

Zero102
07-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I tried 4 different Chrysler dealerships in the city and I found them all to be absolutely deplorable. Varsity was the worst. I went and hung out in the service department there for an afternoon because I only had classes monday/wednesday/friday and I wanted to see if I could trust them. I was originally just going to drop in for 10-15 minutes to see how customers were treated and reacted to the staff, but it was so entertaining and terrible that I stuck around for almost 4 hours.

At Varsity they lie, cheat and steal. They use fear mongering to get people to pay for things they never asked for, charge V-6 service prices for 4 cylinder cars, and more things I can't even remember to list here.

The one thing that really stuck in my mind was one service advisor threatening to call the police on an old man for driving away with a broken horn. The clockspring broke on his 08 Sebring, still fully under warranty at only ~23,000km, but they told him it was blatantly abuse and that they were refusing to cover it. And since now it was known to be broken it was not a possibility, but a FACT that on his way home he WOULD crash and die, and if he even tries to drive out of there without having it fixed they would call the police on him. Then the parts guy informed him that they were on national backorder, at least a 2 month wait and there was no way to get one sooner. No idea what they expected him to do, but eventually the old man got so mad he stormed out. I saw him in the parking lot, he brought a second set of keys and got in his car and drove away.

I also went and hung out in the service department of Tower Chrysler for an hour one afternoon. During that hour one person came back just screaming mad that they had "scratched the hell" out of their fender while working on his car. The other people picking up their cars all seemed to fit into one of 2 groups:
1) company / fleet vehicles, a.k.a. I don't give a shit about what you do, just give me my car back and bill me whatever
2) clueless middle aged women

The only person who I saw come through that seemed remotely car-competent was this really angry guy about the damage done to his car. That was enough to convince me not to take my car there.

In the end I also decided the problem was with Chrysler and not the individual dealerships, and so I decided to vote with my wallet, trade in my 300 towards another brand and I have never looked back.

When I had my VW I thought their service department was bad simply because they refused to give out loaner cars. Every repair was fixed on time for exactly what they estimated (always $0), and 4km before the warranty ran out I took it in to have about 6 different rattles fixed inside, they took one look at it and scheduled me back for the next week. I took a long road trip inbetween and brought it back with 2300km more on it and they still fixed all of it without even mentioning it was technically over the warranty limit.

Yes this is a small sample, but I am sharing my experiences because together there will be enough information for people to make informed decisions.

dannie
07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
I thought I was the only one that had an issue with them!

I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd a few years ago and took it in to them to have the heated seat fixed.

They call me up at 3pm to say that it's all fixed and ready for me to come get it. So, I get a ride down there and tell the guy that I am there for the truck. He tells me to have a seat and they will bring it around. I wait... and wait... and wait. 30 min later I get up and ask the guy what the hold up is. He says that the car is in another lot and they are bringing it down. That it will only be a couple more minutes.

45 minutes later the service manager comes out and says,"I'm sorry ma'am, but it appears your car has been stolen off our lot." Apparently all that time, they were searching for the car and were calling the police to report it stolen!

He then proceeds to ask me if I had any friends that might want to steal my car or if I knew anyone that had a bone to pick with me and that might try to take it.

Those of you that know me on here... you know I don't take ignorant comments very well. I proceeded to stand up and rip the guy a new asshole. I was ranting at him for 10 minutes about the fact that THEY were irresponsible and were at fault for my car being stolen when the cops showed up.

Turns out that they had left the car in the back lot, running and unlocked to ensure that the heated seat worked. Someone stole it from there. The service manager was just looking for a way out of the situation.

Fast forward the story and the jeep was found in forrest lawn. My insurance company stated that they agreed to let Courtesy take care of the damage etc to the car instead of making a claim.

So, I head down there to go over the truck with them. The interior was destroyed, things out of the trunk stolen, broken fenders, lights etc on the outside. The same guy proceeds to tell me that he is picking and choosing what to have fixed and that they will not take care of what was stolen out of it, nor will they take care of the fender etc, all of which was caused by the guys that stole it.

In the end, I threatened legal action and walked out. Magically I get a call from the GM saying it was all fixed and they had a cheque for the things that were missing.

I was so angry with the whole thing that I contacted Chrysler Canada and the owner of the dealership. The owner didn't give a fuck about any of it and Chrysler said that they would add the incident to their file.

I will never, ever go back and I have steered my fair share of people away from there.

kamakurakid
07-28-2010, 03:39 PM
I see a Mike Holmes car inspector of sorts coming into the used and even new car scene. So many postings about bad vehicles from dealers, the time has come for an inspector to make sure the vehicle is solid.

My Honda dealer has been terrific for what it is worth. If any dealer does me wrong he shall face the wrath of the internet and I will park my car in front of his dealership, megaphone in hand and let the current customers know the score. Somehow I can make this all legal, get a permit to sell "lemons" roadside, I've seen it done before.

Do not give up the fight, you are the customer.

bourge73
07-28-2010, 05:09 PM
^^^ Oh thats gold Jerry gold!!!!!

Xtrema
07-28-2010, 05:18 PM
So far I have nothing but bad things to say on Chrysler vehicles.

My dad's 08 Caravan is nothing but a pile of problems. If not AC died or tranny cable sliped or radiator cap popped, it's cracked this or broken that something or other. Then it's recall after recall after recall for problems that already happened on the car and months late. There are more problem on this POS than my family's previous 10 cars combined and one of those is a 88 Taurus.

Against my recommendation my coworker got a Patriot. Again, everything falls apart starting from day one with missing parts in the front brakes.

I don't think people who buy Chrysler/Jeep deserve to complain. You know what you're getting into. Pure junk.

Unknown303
07-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I've contacted my insurance about the matter today and will hopefully have an adjuster ripping them a new one. I'm going to call the GM and PM and let them know that after this they won't see a dime from me through that shop of theirs. Shame since I was going to be spending another 30k+ to get a 4 door Wrangler this fall as well. But now I still have to continue the hunt for the mythical decent Jeep dealership.

Jeremiah
07-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Who was the salesman you talked to at Courtesy?

Unknown303
07-28-2010, 05:55 PM
I've talked with Dan in the service department, Gerald the Service Manager, and over in the sales I'd been dealing with Jason Burns who has been pretty helpful through all this. I may see if he can make anything else happen for me over there.

Nufy
07-28-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm certainly not defending Courtesy but I have had no issues with the 4 vehicles I have gotten from them through the years.

On my last scheduled oil change for my truck they identified two out of spec tie rod ends and replaced them under warranty.

That being said I hope you get satisfaction and if you have to rip them a new one go for it....

Good Luck.

CUG
07-29-2010, 01:29 AM
Dude, lynch that dealership if they don't help you. My family has been ripped off by them, as did a company I worked for a long time ago.

The service manager probably Gerald Tanasichuk. I can easily see this as part of their MO.

Their sales department was a dirty group of fucking scammers when we dealt with them. They tried to sneak a higher interest rate into the paperwork than was agreed on. It was an extra percentile over what the salesmen and sales manager agreed on. We raged and they said "oh okay, sorry, we'll lower it". The salesman flaked on a bunch of things too.

FraserB
07-29-2010, 11:40 PM

Unknown303
07-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Since you reported this to the police I'm guessing that you said it was a hit and run? Did you include the fact you don't know when or where it happened and that you don't know if the vehicle was parked or not when it occurred and under whose care the vehicle was?

Yeah I told them that it was dropped off at Courtesy Chrysler and that the damage would have occured between drop off and pickup that day. They found that rather amusing. So now the cops from district 1 or whatever that is are not shopping there anymore :rofl:

FraserB
07-30-2010, 09:05 AM

Unknown303
07-30-2010, 10:12 AM

Again, you have no proof of this. You yourself admit you did not inspect the vehicle when you picked it up. Then left it unattended for several days. Also, don't all accidents need to be reported within 24 hours?

Leaving a vehicle unattended in a secure underground parkade is slightly different than parking it in the Marlborough Walmart parking lot or something. And there is broken tail light in my spare tire and none anywhere in my parkade.

00sir2
07-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Yeah Courtesy sucks, every time i had warranty issues with my Ram or my Jeep they basically gave me shit and tried to blame it on me. The worst is that they would find a way to charge me for it, claiming it wasn't a warranty issue... absolutely brutal customer service.

Type_S1
07-30-2010, 11:19 AM
FraserB seems like a POS that works for them by the sounds of it.
If it was in an underground parking lot they will have cameras most likely. Get all footage so they can in no way say you did something. Dealerships are shady as hell, I would honestly rather by private unless it is a highend car. For a Jeep buy private and get inspection etc...probably get a better vehicle since a lot of used vehicles in dealerships are POS that have problems anyways that they cover up, IMO and experience of course.

dino_martini
07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Yep Courtesy sucks. The government should have just let Chrysler go bankrupt.

FraserB
07-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
FraserB seems like a POS that works for them by the sounds of it.

No, I don't work for them. I was the first fucking person to come into this thread and it was with the offer of going out on a limb and trying to get the OP help. I guess this helps me in the long run since I have zero reason to offer anyone help if all that happens is that I look like a retard to the people I asked for help and get trashed for trying to do it.

I offered to try and get it worked out by asking someone there that I know fairly well to see if he could look into it and get the OP in touch with the right people, something that would have been faster and less hassle than going the way he has chosen to.

I'm just irritated now because I look like a fuckstick after asking a fairly significant favor and they will have the cops and insurance people calling and visiting them because of a hit and run report. As well I now have to go over there, looking like a retard, and apologize.

Unknown303
07-30-2010, 04:30 PM

No, I don't work for them. I was the first fucking person to come into this thread and it was with the offer of going out on a limb and trying to get the OP help. I guess this helps me in the long run since I have zero reason to offer anyone help if all that happens is that I look like a retard to the people I asked for help and get trashed for trying to do it.

I offered to try and get it worked out by asking someone there that I know fairly well to see if he could look into it and get the OP in touch with the right people, something that would have been faster and less hassle than going the way he has chosen to.

I'm just irritated now because I look like a fuckstick after asking a fairly significant favor and they will have the cops and insurance people calling and visiting them because of a hit and run report. As well I now have to go over there, looking like a retard, and apologize.

I didn't mean to throw you under the bus or anything here. In my dealing with the dealership things weren't moving fast and in the end I decided to go the route I should have went right off the start. It's highly unlikely the cops will investigate them too. The police report states that the damage occured between July 20th and July 23rd. With only one of those days being at the dealer. Sure there's always the chance that it happened else where, as highly unlikely as it would be. And even if it did happen there maybe it is my fault for not noticing/reporting it right off the start. But when my insurance is willing to go out on a limb and treat my report like it came in the day after I get it covered free with no penalty to me.

In the end I'll get what I wanted, the dealer will really have nothing bad happen aside from people reading this thread and me never servicing/buying from them again. I appreciate you offering to help but the longer I waiting for them to even half step up to cover costs the smaller chance I had to get my insurance involved to help out as much as they did. And I must point out I've been waiting two days now for the Service Manager to get "right back to me"....

FraserB
07-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I do agree. I'm not getting pissed at you, I have met you once or twice wheeling and you are a good guy.

Hopefully it gets fixed fast, its a nice Jeep and it needs to get dirty on the next wheeling trip we do.

Unknown303
07-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I do agree. I'm not getting pissed at you, I have met you once or twice wheeling and you are a good guy.

Hopefully it gets fixed fast, its a nice Jeep and it needs to get dirty on the next wheeling trip we do.

It actually feels wrong that this thing has been clean for so long. :rofl:

Sugarphreak
07-30-2010, 11:06 PM