PDA

View Full Version : Any of you guys use RunKeeper (iPhone/Android)?

scary_perry
07-27-2010, 07:12 PM
I have been using it for over a year now and I really love it.

Simply start the app when you begin your ride and put your phone into standby (dim the screen) and it will use GPS to record your distance, time, speed, pace, etc.

Best of all, when the ride is done they have a flickr-like site that you can upload your data to. So you get free training logs.

I tried the free version but paid $10 for the full app pretty fast.

It's worth checking out IMO!

98type_r
07-28-2010, 02:00 AM
I have the mapmybike/mapmyrun apps on my iphone. I don't like the fact that you have to keep the phone on though, and if someone calls then that puts everything on hold. I prefer to use my Garmin edge 305 and I can upload all of my rides onto the mapmybike site to log them.

scary_perry
07-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by 98type_r
I have the mapmybike/mapmyrun apps on my iphone. I don't like the fact that you have to keep the phone on though, and if someone calls then that puts everything on hold. I prefer to use my Garmin edge 305 and I can upload all of my rides onto the mapmybike site to log them.

You should try the free version of Runkeeper. I returned my Garmin after I started using it.

On a 40km ride my phone still has 75% battery left. My old 3G managed to last through a 100km ride last year. That's a feat because of how slow I ride.

http://runkeeper.com/user/scary_perry/activity/1632474