PDA

View Full Version : speciality tool rental.

master hec0
07-27-2010, 09:16 PM
im looking for a special fan clutch nut wrench and fan clutch pulley holder.

is there any stores that loan/rent these tools? i dont think its worth spending the 70$ on wrenches i will never use again.

also i was under the impression that Canadian tire loaned tools but my local CT said they didn't.

Scuderia
07-27-2010, 10:11 PM
What size wrench? Most are 35 or 36.. I'm sure a beyond member has it to loan. To break it loose, you don't need the chain pulley holder, just put the wrench on the nut and hit the wrench with a hammer on the corner, it'll break loose first hit.

master hec0
07-27-2010, 10:35 PM
its for a 2001 ford ranger. i went out and got a universal wrench. it had 2. a 36 and 40 the 36 was too big. my repair manual says i need both or if the specialty tools are not available i need a strap wrench and crescent wrench. unfortunately the strap/crescent wrench is not working.

these are the 2 i need. the picture is identical on my Haynes manual. unfortunatly they do not specify what the size is.

http://www.matcotools.com/ProductImages/kd3136.jpg

Modelexis
07-27-2010, 10:39 PM
can tire and partsource both rent tools. your local CT are effin liars.

master hec0
07-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
can tire and partsource both rent tools. your local CT are effin liars.
the guy looked really baked but there was another parts guy beside him that has been there for years and he didnt say anything my Canadian tire is a small one so maybe they don't carry it. il go to calgary and go to the part source. thanks.