PDA

View Full Version : Starter/Alarm and Fitment of Rear View Camera

leadpathfinder
07-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Hello everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and have just bought a Chevy Equinox 2010 LS Model. I want to get a Scytek Alarm and Remote Starter Combo fitted to the car (I have the unit with me). I already have purchased the bypass module, windows roll up unit, glass sensor, motion detector etc.

Do you have any recommendations for installers in Calgary and how much will it cost.

Second requirement is that I want to get a Rear View Monitor (Farenheit TM-111) fitted alongwith a License Mounted Camera and Audio and Visual Sensors. Do you have any recommendations for installers as well.

Is is better to go to FS, Best Buy or are there any better installers.

BTW This is the first quote I got from Mobile Solutions Calgary. Looks like I have to shell out 2050 $ for this install. Huh ?

Remote start on a 2010 Equinox with keyless, immobilizer and passive arming is $750 installed. If you would like to add an alarm on top of this (adds siren, flashing LED, impact sensor and perimter protection), add an additional $350. For window rollup the modules themselves are $50/each. You need one module per pair of windows, so to do all four windows would be $100 in parts. Each door is $210 in labour. So four doors with window modules would be $940 installed.

Regards

Pathfinder

Splkia
07-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Check your PM's

Jvivek
07-28-2010, 11:49 AM
I am looking for a good installer too

Splkia
07-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Check your pm as well