PDA

View Full Version : Uhmmm...Telus Mobility Users??

EK 2.0
07-28-2010, 01:23 PM
My Berry just up and stopped working...is anyone else on Telus having woes??...or is it just me??

Like everything, BBM, Text, Calling, Data...

And before the peanut gallery chimes in...yes, I am currently on hold with Telus...

Scope951
07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
I am having issues as well, phone is pretty much useless.

Checked with friends with telus and they are all experiencing trouble as well.

jay838
07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Im having the same problem on my telus cellphone

SpeedIllusion
07-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Telus/Koodoo are experiencing network issues

adam c
07-28-2010, 01:35 PM
My BB on Telus is fine no issues today

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I started having problems around 1pm. Thought it was just me.

I think I may need to buy out my contract, and switch to Rogers.

Dave P
07-28-2010, 01:42 PM
My BB is down.

No calls in or out, no texts, no bbm's, no email.

Effin Gay.

DannyO
07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
There is a EVDO outage for southern Alberta with Telus, some people are still reporting SMS working still.

Tomaz
07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Same issues here. I finally was able to place a call about 5 mins ago.

I think i'm on the same inclination as Mr. Smurf here...

jay838
07-28-2010, 01:45 PM
cannot dial or sent msg

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Same issues here. I finally was able to place a call about 5 mins ago.

I think i'm on the same inclination as Mr. Smurf here...

I'm stuck on it due to a previous employer, not by choice. AND the contract isn't up till Jan 2013.. AND I'm stuck w/ a Tour..

If I attempt to make a call 1/4 works, but it's slow.. No SMS, BBM, email or Data.

I get 1x.

adam c
07-28-2010, 01:50 PM
I stand corrected, all our work BB's are now down, gg telus

Wrinkly
07-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
Yeah, I started having problems around 1pm. Thought it was just me.

I'm thinking the same thing! Six attempts to get a short text sent this morning and more than four texts that vanished into the ether in the last week. I've had multiple fails at sending pictures since I've been with them (my latest phone has never once been successful at sending a picture - maybe it's the phone that's the issue, though, I don't know).

I'm getting really fed up with Telus (we have their "high speed" crap internet, too) :(

swak
07-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Telus has been awesome to me until today...

Fuck you Telus, i love how i can't get hold of anyone.

spikerS
07-28-2010, 01:55 PM
my god, what did you all do in the days before cell phones?

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Wrinkly

I'm thinking the same thing! Six attempts to get a short text sent this morning and more than four texts that vanished into the ether in the last week. I've had multiple fails at sending pictures since I've been with them (my latest phone has never once been successful at sending a picture - maybe it's the phone that's the issue, though, I don't know).

I'm getting really fed up with Telus (we have their "high speed" crap internet, too) :(

Telus BB's don't support MMS. Everything else does except the BB's, because they are on an older version of BIS. This is a huge pain when non BBM friends try to send pics. I've never successfully retrieved a single one.

I *really* want an iPhone.. Maybe I should just cut my losses and get a Rogers one on Friday.

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by spikers
my god, what did you all do in the days before cell phones?

I lived with my parents, who had a lan line. Now I live on my own, and have a cell phone. Sorry for growing with the times?

swak
07-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Do you really think rogers NEVER has any down times with their network?

Why do you assume rogers to be so much better than telus.
Im willing to bet they are nearly the exact same.

Shlade
07-28-2010, 01:58 PM
yeah mines messed up... telus seems completly busy as well to even answer any calls either..

GQBalla
07-28-2010, 02:00 PM
telus is having a outage right now

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by swak
Do you really think rogers NEVER has any down times with their network?

Why do you assume rogers to be so much better than telus.
Im willing to bet they are nearly the exact same.

I like rogers because they charge less for what I want, have more desirable phones (the X10 is my first non-iPhone choice), and better customer service.

Telus has done me no favors, ever, and it took over a month to get my phone properly transferred because *everyone* at Telus dropped the ball. I was told 5 different stories.

I've been with all 3 big providers, and Telus ranks my least favorite.

spikerS
07-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
yeah mines messed up... telus seems completly busy as well to even answer any calls either..

News Flash: Shlade is not the beautiful and unique snowflake he thinks he is!

:rolleyes:

with how many people are affected and calling in, do you really think they will answer your call quickly? did the IVR messages stating higher than normal call volumes trigger anything?

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Mine's back up now.

vengie
07-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Mine works, I can call, SMS, and bbm

JordanEG6
07-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I logged on Beyond to look for a thread like this. Thank God I wasn't the only one. I've been having problems for a bit. Seems to be back up now, though.

spikerS
07-28-2010, 02:14 PM
just like a hot girl says to beyond. "that was quick"

dino_martini
07-28-2010, 02:18 PM
My BlackBerry 9700 is working fine on Telus guys. :dunno:

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
My BlackBerry 9700 is working fine on Telus guys. :dunno:

The Bold is a 3G phone, and would be unaffected by any EVDO issues. It would've only affected phones from the pre-3G/HSPA+ days.

Speed_69
07-28-2010, 02:24 PM
My BB Pearl is working just fine

civicrider
07-28-2010, 02:27 PM
BBM is down for me, and I can't make calls

Lex350
07-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Everything is working for me now.

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
So, looking into the cancellation, I stumbled across the "Service Terms"

Unless otherwise agreed, you may terminate your service at any time by providing TELUS with thirty (30) days' notice. TELUS may suspend or terminate the service and this agreement, and any other agreement with you for mobility services, at any time, without any notice or liability: if you fail to pay any amount when due (including any required deposit); if TELUS, in its sole discretion, considers you an unacceptable credit risk and you fail to provide a security deposit acceptable to TELUS; if you are in default under these service terms or any other agreement between you and TELUS, a TELUS dealer or any assignee; or if TELUS reasonably apprehends the occurrence of any such events. If service is terminated for any reason, including a decision to port a number to another carrier, you will remain liable for all accrued fees and charges. SIM is not reusable on termination and must be destroyed.

It states you will need to pay any amount when due, but doesn't mention what. This initially made me think "cool, they don't mention cancellation fees! Maybe I can use it as an out".. then I realized, that they could say the fee's are part of the amount due.. Eff.

Anyone know for sure what the Telus cancellation fee is? I've heard rumors of $20/month left on your contract.

spikerS
07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
So, looking into the cancellation, I stumbled across the "Service Terms"

It states you will need to pay any amount when due, but doesn't mention what. This initially made me think "cool, they don't mention cancellation fees! Maybe I can use it as an out".. then I realized, that they could say the fee's are part of the amount due.. Eff.

Anyone know for sure what the Telus cancellation fee is? I've heard rumors of $20/month left on your contract.

$20/month left on your contract, minimum $100.

And from what I have seen, there is also a max of $450, but this was just implimented.

dirtsniffer
07-28-2010, 04:11 PM
sounds right, but if you only have like 6 months left on your contract you can put your phone on vacation mode for like 6 months, the only thing is i dont think you can port your number

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
sounds right, but if you only have like 6 months left on your contract you can put your phone on vacation mode for like 6 months, the only thing is i dont think you can port your number

I've found a way around that, that's ~$80.

Problem is, I have like 2.5 years left.. I kind of got the short end of the stick. I got a "Transfer of ownership" when I left my previous employer, in order to keep the number, but they stuck me with an almost brand new contract, while I kept the "old" BB Tour that I had. At the time I was hoping just to get the number, and no contract associated with it.

rage2
07-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Rogers goes down too.

Every provider has big outages like that here and there. Switching won't solve anything.

spikerS
07-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

vaccation disconnect does not exist any longer. And when it was available, if you went on it for 6 months, it added 6 months to your contract.

98type_r
07-28-2010, 04:39 PM

vaccation disconnect does not exist any longer. And when it was available, if you went on it for 6 months, it added 6 months to your contract.

I did that for 3 months several years back when I was with Telus. I was halfway into a three year contract, but the newb customer service agent changed that from a 36 to a 39 month contract starting when my vacation disconnect started. It took me the better part of a month getting that cleared up when I finally wanted to cancel.

rumeo
07-28-2010, 05:01 PM
For the record: Bell AND Telus EVDO was down earlier today

Shlade
07-28-2010, 05:31 PM

News Flash: Shlade is not the beautiful and unique snowflake he thinks he is!

:rolleyes:

with how many people are affected and calling in, do you really think they will answer your call quickly? did the IVR messages stating higher than normal call volumes trigger anything?

:facepalm:

Well captain fuck face, I didnt know it was down before I saw this thread, and when I did see this thread I didnt even bother staying on the phone after that I just let it play out.

And no, there was no Higher than normal call volumes in there.

Fucking idiot.

CMW403
07-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

:facepalm:

Well captain fuck face, I didnt know it was down before I saw this thread, and when I did see this thread I didnt even bother staying on the phone after that I just let it play out.

And no, there was no Higher than normal call volumes in there.

Fucking idiot.

how old are you again? because you cuss like a 15 year old who's mom just deleted their warcraft account.

captain fuck face:rofl:

PulsePro
07-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by CMW403

how old are you again? because you cuss like a 15 year old who's mom just deleted their warcraft account.

captain fuck face:rofl:

and to add on to it by going offtopic in a somehow related way, maybe OP was mackin too much on his phone? :rofl: :rofl: mack daddy be mackin telus's network causing huge outages? rofl

Canucks3322
07-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Telus here and my gf is on Koodo....both our phones were useless around 1-2pm today...I thought it was my HTC touch Diamond since it freezes sometimes, was on my way to the Telus store to scope out new phones before it started working again! :thumbsup: Can't wait for the new HTC Desire to come out! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS... I been on clearnet/Telus since '99 and this is the first time this has happened.....I've had texting issues in the past but nothing that has completely turned my life upside down.

jus_sum_guy
08-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Is it just me or is anyone elses berry not working?

I can make and receive calls but can't receive emails/texts/bbm!!

This problem started once the storm started yesterday.

My signal is showing -80dbm. This is low isn't it? I think my signal is usually at -95dbm

Just wondering if this is a telus issue or blackberry issue or just me

sneek
08-03-2010, 09:40 AM
-80db should be almost full bars if not full bars. Maybe battery pull?

I could be wrong but -80db is better than -95 db. Someone correct me here.

sneek
08-03-2010, 09:47 AM
On another tangent, Telus puts up that higher than normal call volume thing all the time. I am pretty 4/5 times I've call telus I've heard that message.

Also Telus has gone steeply downhill lately, I am not sure why. The holds are longer, reps know a lot less/are less willing to help. I used to be a Telus fanatic, but now I am looking around. It sucks when a company goes downhill like that. Anybody else notice the same?

Wrinkly
08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
^^ A resounding YES to that!

I have heard though; that they are upgrading their system to 3g etc and that we can expect a lot more of this as they go through the process. This is only a rumour I heard from someone, and I have no idea if it's actually true or what the source was/is. :dunno: