PDA

View Full Version : Hertz any good?

dsr7723
07-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Just wondering about Hertz car audio and if it's any good. I don't know much about audio stuff, did a search before posting this and only found a few FS's, thanks in advance.

A790
07-28-2010, 10:32 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Mibz
07-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Similar to Focal from everything I've read but I've never personally listened to anything of theirs.

Hash_man
07-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Similar to Focal from everything I've read but I've never personally listened to anything of theirs.

Very different product from Focal. Build quality, sound, etc. Some of their products are alright IMO, but depends on which ones.

dawwgy
07-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Hertz so good!

JZS_147
07-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Hertz is decent.

Good product for a decent price, it'll blow anything future shop or best buy sells out of the water in terms of sound quality.

I had a set of MLK165's before, they weren't bad. But .... i switched them out for a set of Focal KR2's which sound a ton better, and they're about the same price.

Couple reasons I would never put Hertz product in any of my vehicles ever again:

-Only place you can buy it from in Calgary is Mobile Solutions. I believe they're also the Hertz distributor for Canada so they really push you on the product. I've had a bad service experience with them, which I believe would directly relate to their quality of customer support.

-I believe all the newer Hertz stuff is made in China

-For a few more dollars you can buy a much better product, and get it installed at a competent shop with excellent customer service...who will back their product 100%