PDA

View Full Version : **durablility of cf front lips???**

littledan
12-19-2003, 05:09 PM
ok for all the peeps with cf front lips.... how many times have you wacked them, how hard did you wack them, and how did they hold up? (man, sounds like this should be in ask leo!;) )

i'm thinking of picking up the following lip for my lude...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res20c54/minefront.jpg

i'm worried about durablilty as i drive around edmonton... which probably has worse roads than iraq. i know i will eventually wack it on a pothole just wondering if i'll be pissing away 5bills?

calgarys13
12-19-2003, 05:25 PM
yah im also interested in durability of cf parts...ive heared bad things about cf hoods and rocks???

buh_buh
12-19-2003, 05:55 PM
that CF lip will be MUCH stronger than any fiberglass lip.
Have you seen those videos on the Fiber Images website? They run over a CF hood and there isn't even a scratch on it. CF is VERY strong and will easily withstand minor scrapes on the road.

As far as rocks go no matter what material its made of you are bound to get rock chips if it is not protected with a bra or 3M clear guard stuff.

DUBBED
12-19-2003, 06:25 PM
http://jdmhondaparts.com/gallery/bbq.8.02/images/12.jpg

This guy whacked a pothole, but by the looks of it the clear coat is just flaking off and the actually carbon fibre has stayed in shape. Who cares though you'll look hardcore with a busted up lip, CF lips in perfect condition are for sissies.

bonhome
12-19-2003, 08:33 PM
wut lip is that in the first pic? and where are u gonna buy it?

^SkylinE^
12-19-2003, 09:10 PM
I have had one on since it started snowing and so far it has been flawless! That prelude one looks :bigpimp: too! Go for it I love lip kits they look so much cleaner and less riced out!

buh_buh
12-19-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by bonhome
wut lip is that in the first pic? and where are u gonna buy it? that lip is either a Spoon lip or a Spoon replica lip.
There is a member on Prelude Online who makes replica Spoon CF lips.

littledan
12-20-2003, 02:59 PM
that's the one! i believe it's a replica.

it's $500 CDN... does that sound about right ballpark?

buh_buh
12-20-2003, 06:21 PM
I thought it was less than that. But I'm not 100% sure.
Well Satan_SRV is making them now, and there is also a Seibon CF front lip, as well as the Spoon one (I think they all look identical)

D'z Nutz
12-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by DUBBED
Who cares though you'll look hardcore with a busted up lip, CF lips in perfect condition are for sissies.

I dunno man, that's a matter of opinion! If I saw that, I'd think the driver was either wreckless or in need to going back to driving school. But that's just me ;)

DUBBED
12-20-2003, 07:35 PM
I guess I just like it when cars look like they have been driven. Mint shape looks amazing dont get me wrong.

buh_buh
12-20-2003, 08:28 PM
ya I think I'd have to say wrecked ANYTHING on a car makes it look like the owner either doesn't know how to drive a lowered car properly or he just doesn't really care about his car.