PDA

View Full Version : Beyond computer ninja's required

clydeo
07-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Hey guys, I'm from 780tuners, and have a slight facebook issue, hoping someone can shed some light.

My girlfriend has been getting some really disressing messages from an "unknown" user, that depict (falsely) things in our relationship; me cheating on her, her being a bad girlfriend etc...

This person knows when she last went on vacation, and told her that "they" saw me with another girl in that time.

This person (im assuming) knows her better than me (if they know me at all). I want to get this sorted out one way or another, she keeps having to delete her account, but the messages come back.

Is there anything I can do to find out who is spewing this bullshit to my little lady?

If anyone needs any more info on what was said etc, feel free to PM me.

Thanks a bundle guys, hoping I can send this punk a nice little letter in the mail.

Awd-Tsi
07-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Just block the user who is spamming her and tell
him to eff off

Disoblige
07-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Hmm.. But it seems like that person keeps making new accounts to message her.

Have you tried contacting Facebook about it?

clydeo
07-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Yeah cant message him/her back cause the account is "unknown".

I've searched facebook high and low to find a place to contact a real person about this, but can't.

Kavy
07-30-2010, 12:57 AM
When people make up shit about me I could care less cause I know its shit. Its when people say the hidden truth that I don't like it.

Food for thought.

If its not true don't let it bother you.

Awd-Tsi
07-30-2010, 12:57 AM
No way to I.p track and report the guy? Sounds like a homo anyways if he's got nothing better to do then that...

clydeo
07-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Kavy
When people make up shit about me I could care less cause I know its shit. Its when people say the hidden truth that I don't like it.

Food for thought.

If its not true don't let it bother you.

it's not me im worried about its my girl, girls are sensitive. if you kept getting messages that your bf was cheating on you, you'd maybe start to second guess...

It's not like its a one time thing, this faggot has been at it for months. So it clearly IS a homo, just wanna know who.

Disoblige
07-30-2010, 01:05 AM
clydeo, have you already tried to report it via e-mail?

Here is a list of the topics available to message Facebook with:

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=841#!/help/?question=655456

And also.. Couldn't this be easily solved if you get your girlfriend to try and get more info from him? Then whatever he says, you can perhaps try to explain this and that to her. If the mystery person can't give her details, then maybe it will prove to her that you're not a cheating scum?

clydeo
07-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige
clydeo, have you already tried to report it via e-mail?

Here is a list of the topics available to message Facebook with:

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=841#!/help/?question=655456

And also.. Couldn't this be easily solved if you get your girlfriend to try and get more info from him? Then whatever he says, you can perhaps try to explain this and that to her. If the mystery person can't give her details, then maybe it will prove to her that you're not a cheating scum?

She can't even respond to the messages man.

Joe-G
07-30-2010, 01:18 AM
You can pretty much set your privacy settings so that nobody can find you... You would have to add them on your side in order for them to even message you.

PulsePro
07-30-2010, 02:10 AM
IMO change the private settings so that only her friends can find her. That way, it narrows it down to a mutual friend and maybe further your investigation from there?

So far we know that:

-Probably a homo
-doesn't have a life
-probably a guy because bitches would go all like whatevaz and will probably forget about it after a while.
-Maybe a coworker? Maybe someone who liked her before? Maybe someone who's jealous? idk

Anyways, someone with pulled that bs on me before so now my facebook settings are so that only I can find you and if you find me, you won't even see a picture of me.

Now comes down to 2 decisions

1. take the red pill and investigate and hopefully own this motherfucker by scaring the living shit out of him or

2. take the blue pill and add privacy settings and go on with your day.

derran.m
07-30-2010, 08:53 AM
pics of gf or gtfo
lmao j/k

sounds like 1 of 2 things ...
1. a guy that is envious and wants your woman, so he is trying to sabotage the relationship
1. a guy that has a beef with you, therefore trying to sabotage your relationship

regardless I think the privacy settings is the best approach to this, have her change her privacy settings to max security, then nobody can message her unless on the friends list or she initiates the chat. Nobody can even see she exists unless she initiates it. Get her to go off the radar for a little while and see if that works

PulsePro
08-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by derran.m
pics of gf or gtfo
lmao j/k

sounds like 1 of 2 things ...
1. a guy that is envious and wants your woman, so he is trying to sabotage the relationship
1. a guy that has a beef with you, therefore trying to sabotage your relationship

regardless I think the privacy settings is the best approach to this, have her change her privacy settings to max security, then nobody can message her unless on the friends list or she initiates the chat. Nobody can even see she exists unless she initiates it. Get her to go off the radar for a little while and see if that works

No offense but 7 hours after I post, you post exactly what I posted except in your own words... just saying :facepalm:

Grogador
08-01-2010, 04:32 PM
It's probably a mutual friend, they're just creating new accounts, sending the messages, then deleting the accounts immediately after, hence "Unknown". Your gf can:

- change her Facebook privacy settings so only friends can see/message her
- hire a lawyer, file a police report about each incident, eventually get a John Doe restraining order, once it's violated Facebook will have to reveal the sender's identity and then her restraining order will be enforceable
- try to make friends and lure them into revealing more information, or meeting her... since she can't message back, the only way to do this would be to stage a breakup and see what comes up, etc.

I guess it depends on how much you care and what you want to do once you discover who it is. Or you can just ditch the bitch, she sounds like a hassle.

Good luck either way.

Unknown303
08-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Or just cheat on your girlfriend then at least the person isn't making things up... That will teach them good. :rofl:

gqmw
08-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Or just cheat on your girlfriend then at least the person isn't making things up... That will teach them good. :rofl:

Hahaha sorry I lol'd. But seriously tell her to change her privacy settings and if its really bothering her, deactivate her facebook and reactivate later...maybe not being able to message her for awhile will make whoever it is forget.