PDA

View Full Version : 7th Avenue?

3G
12-19-2003, 05:59 PM
Anyone know what happened on 7th avenue by TD Square. There was like 5 cop cars in the intersection, 1 ambulance and the c-train service got disrupted hardcore.

euro tang
12-19-2003, 06:05 PM
:dunno: :confused:

/////AMG
12-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Really? What time was this at?

3G
12-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
Really? What time was this at?

like 3:30ish

illeagle
12-19-2003, 06:46 PM
A pedestrian got hit by a C-train, the radio guy, said it was pretty bad... but it's finished now....

/////AMG
12-19-2003, 06:50 PM
It was probably his own fault. So many people cross the road when it says not to and the train operator honks at them, some stop, the rest dont give a shit.

Hope hes ok thought.

rage2
12-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Apparantly it might be suicide. The guy jumped from the platform right when the train showed up.

/////AMG
12-19-2003, 07:49 PM
:eek: Oh man, that's crazy. Damn, just missed the 6 o' clock news.

YCB
12-19-2003, 07:49 PM
http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2003/12/release.20031219_161303_13746_0

fast_cars
12-20-2003, 01:54 AM
yea
i was there at the time!!!
it happened right in front of my eyes!
the guy he was standing right beside me...and as soon as the train came up to the platform
the guy jumped off the platform in front of the c-train!!
he hits the train and fells down and then rolls under the c-train for a while!!
it was crazy!! there was blood everywhere!!! i saw the whole thing with my eyes!! CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE DO THAT!! i think he tried to kill himself or something!!
i wasnt sure if he was alive or not cauz they made us empty the platform!!!
that was some crazy day in my life!! never seen anything like that before!!
people were screaming and crying and stuff!!
hopefully i will never have to encounter anything like that ever again!!
i mean right in front of your eyes the guys gets under and a train and there is blood everywhere!!! he got stuck under it!! ambulance came like 5 minutes late..everyone was calling 911 from their cell phones and stuff!!
but its not their fault!! it was a rush hour as well!!
i dont know if i will be able to forget that scene ever in my life!!
the whole thing is like movie in front of me!!
today was one tough day!!
the driver of the c-train was so upset that he wouldnt come out of his cabin!! just sitting there like shocked!!
its not his fault or anything..they guy jumped in front of the damn thing!!

Focus
12-20-2003, 02:08 AM
yo fast_cars, I am sorry to hear that man..I know what it is like to see stuff like that! over time you do begin to forget about it, but it will always be with you. I wish I could understand why people feel that they need to end their life in such a way as to destroy others in the process. I think suicide sucks, but damn why do it that way? get some counselling or help of some kind. Anyway, my thoughts and prayers go out to all the people and the familys affected by this!

James
12-20-2003, 02:50 AM
shit, that musta been messed up to see, watching someone Die like that is something you'll never forget( if he died)....a couple years ago, me and my buddies were driving down Mcleod, around 7-8pm( still light out, and lots of traffic).....and we witnessed a guy commit suicide by jumping off the pedestrian bridge that crosses over too Chinook from Home Depot. Police had that whole section of Mcleod blocked off, so much comotion, ii was intense......after 15 minutes of trying to get him down, an officer reached over to grab the guy and then he just let himself fall back, dont think i have ever, or will ever hear a grosser sound then when he hit the ground.:barf:

sexualbanana
12-20-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by James
shit, that musta been messed up to see, watching someone Die like that is something you'll never forget( if he died)....a couple years ago, me and my buddies were driving down Mcleod, around 7-8pm( still light out, and lots of traffic).....and we witnessed a guy commit suicide by jumping off the pedestrian bridge that crosses over too Chinook from Home Depot. Police had that whole section of Mcleod blocked off, so much comotion, ii was intense......after 15 minutes of trying to get him down, an officer reached over to grab the guy and then he just let himself fall back, dont think i have ever, or will ever hear a grosser sound then when he hit the ground.:barf:

So that's why you asked! I was wondering why you brought that up

fast_cars
12-20-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by James

so true man..
the "BANG" sound when he hit the front of the c-train i will never forget!!!

girlRACER
12-20-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by fast_cars
yea
i was there at the time!!!
it happened right in front of my eyes!
the guy he was standing right beside me...and as soon as the train came up to the platform
the guy jumped off the platform in front of the c-train!!
he hits the train and fells down and then rolls under the c-train for a while!!
it was crazy!! there was blood everywhere!!! i saw the whole thing with my eyes!! CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE DO THAT!! i think he tried to kill himself or something!!
i wasnt sure if he was alive or not cauz they made us empty the platform!!!
that was some crazy day in my life!! never seen anything like that before!!
people were screaming and crying and stuff!!
hopefully i will never have to encounter anything like that ever again!!
i mean right in front of your eyes the guys gets under and a train and there is blood everywhere!!! he got stuck under it!! ambulance came like 5 minutes late..everyone was calling 911 from their cell phones and stuff!!
but its not their fault!! it was a rush hour as well!!
i dont know if i will be able to forget that scene ever in my life!!
the whole thing is like movie in front of me!!
today was one tough day!!
the driver of the c-train was so upset that he wouldnt come out of his cabin!! just sitting there like shocked!!
its not his fault or anything..they guy jumped in front of the damn thing!!

:eek: What a horrible thing to happen!! for you, for the person who jumped, for the driver, for all the witnesses. Hearing your side of the story makes it so much more real than just another story on the news. Things like these make me value life so much more. :(

fast_cars
12-20-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER

:eek: What a horrible thing to happen!! for you, for the person who jumped, for the driver, for all the witnesses. Hearing your side of the story makes it so much more real than just another story on the news. Things like these make me value life so much more. :(

i was thinking exactly the same thing!!
i mean we hear news and stuff on the tv everyday which doesnt make any difference to me!!
but looking it by yourself makes you think billion times about it!

fast_cars
12-20-2003, 05:41 AM
when i think what that guy must be thinking when he jumped that really bothers me!!
i mean i wonder what must be going on his mind right before he jumped!
he prolly didnt jump in front of couple of other trains..he probably was thinking of jumping and then get scared and back off!!..and then eventually jump...thinking of his state of mind at that time messes me up!!

nismodrifter
12-20-2003, 12:09 PM
another train station incident today, I am sure that a bunch of you guys coming for coming for 8 o clock exams today at university also saw this:

At banff trail station there was a guy on the ground being worked on by paramedics. They had like 2 ambulances, 3 fire trucks and tons of police. Paramedics were doing CPR on the guy and the whole scene didn't look good, they had his shirt ripped off and the guy basically looked like he had no life in him (sprawled out like a mess basically...). Police were questionning people around the station who were waiting for the train if they saw anything happen and stuff, they had the whole area blocked off.

Kinda freaky to see this right on the way to school, I thought he might have been shot or stabbed or something but it turns up that he died naturally. He died on the scene right then and tthere at the train station......

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2003/12/release.20031220_084018_23369_0

/////AMG
12-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Oh man...I thought somone else jumped infront of another train until I read what you wrote nismodrifter.

kaput
12-20-2003, 12:38 PM

fast_cars
12-20-2003, 01:35 PM
^ that is true. the EMS came so late. the cops cars came before the EMS and so did the fire truck. people were screaming we dont want cops we want ambulance. but as soon as the EMS came they started giving the guy oxygen so that he can breathe, and they used something to lift the front part of train up...by then they all made us get down the platform and they put those "police line do not cross" tapes everywhere around it!!

sputnik
12-22-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Apparantly it might be suicide. The guy jumped from the platform right when the train showed up.

tis the season...

rc2002
12-22-2003, 10:22 AM
The city's complaining of police shortages, but I think there are way too many if there are 30+ officers at a scene like this...

I wonder what could have possessed a guy to commit suicide in a way like this. It definitely takes some balls. I would opt for a quicker way like a bullet to the head or a less painful way like CO poisoning?

B17a
12-22-2003, 11:01 AM
Shitty deal. Part of me feels bad for the guy, how bad does life have to get before you toss yourself in front of a train? And another part of me says "asshole", its one thing that you don't want to live anymore, its another to take your own life and traumatize dozens of people for life, fast_cars won't be forgetting anytime soon, and especially the driver.

4wheeldrift
12-22-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

I wonder what could have possessed a guy to commit suicide in a way like this. It definitely takes some balls. I would opt for a quicker way like a bullet to the head or a less painful way like CO poisoning? It doesn't take balls to commit suicide, it's the cowards way out, it's the most selfish thing anyone can do. I've had some bad shit happen to me and I've thought about suicide, but its never been more than thoughts (everyone thinks about it at one time or another). Think of all the people who are going to be hurt by you leaving them behind, a lot of them are people who will help you if you let them.

B17a
12-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
It doesn't take balls to commit suicide, it's the cowards way out, it's the most selfish thing anyone can do. I've had some bad shit happen to me and I've thought about suicide, but its never been more than thoughts (everyone thinks about it at one time or another). Think of all the people who are going to be hurt by you leaving them behind, a lot of them are people who will help you if you let them.

I thought I'd be more diplomatic in my post, but yeah, those are my thoughts too. Selfish to do it in the first place, even more selfish to fuck up a few more people's lives with the collateral damage.